Suppression of 'replace all' confirmation dialogue

John Delacour

Feb 12, 2012, 5:57:33 PM2/12/12
to bbe...@googlegroups.com

When I do a 'replace all' I don't want BBEdit to tell me the results.
Growl does this without requiring me to click an OK. How do I get
rid of this pesky alert?

JD

Christopher Stone

Feb 12, 2012, 8:21:58 PM2/12/12
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 12, 2012, at 16:57, John Delacour wrote:
When I do a 'replace all' I don't want BBEdit to tell me the results. Growl does this without requiring me to click an OK.  How do I get rid of this pesky alert?

Hey John,

When performing a single-file "Replace All" operation, BBEdit will show a confirmation sheet showing the number of replacements performed. If you would prefer not to see this confirmation, you can suppress it:

defaults write com.barebones.bbedit ReportReplaceAllResults -bool NO

--
Best Regards,
Chris