Autocomplete & CodeLanguageModule.plist

risc...@googlemail.com

Nov 19, 2008, 3:37:41 PM11/19/08
to BBEdit Talk
Hello BBEdit Talk,

maybe some one of you can help us to figure out followin thing:

we wrote a simple CodeLanguageModule (for Unity3D) and we thought we
can also use the autocomplete
function from BBEdit so we can write code faster. But the problem is
that this fine function doesn't work
with our .plist. (Also the autocomplete checkbox inside preferences is
ON).

Is there something we have to activate or similiar?

Thanks,

target="_blank">Download: CodeLanguageModule.zip</a>

Jim Correia

Nov 19, 2008, 3:55:11 PM11/19/08
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 19, 2008, at 3:37 PM, risc...@googlemail.com wrote:

> we wrote a simple CodeLanguageModule (for Unity3D) and we thought we
> can also use the autocomplete
> function from BBEdit so we can write code faster. But the problem is
> that this fine function doesn't work
> with our .plist. (Also the autocomplete checkbox inside preferences is
> ON).
>
> Is there something we have to activate or similiar?

Add the following to your CLM

<key>BBLMSupportsTextCompletion</key>
<true/>

If after that, you are still having difficulty, send a note and your
language module to <sup...@barebones.com> so we can help.

Jim

risc...@googlemail.com

Nov 19, 2008, 4:51:20 PM11/19/08
to BBEdit Talk
thanks for the fast reply... it works fine...

but i got more questions :)

is there a public listing with all this Tags for the .plist and
a possibility to mark Classes and Functions etc. with different icons
inside the autocompleteBox inside/with the .plist?

Thanks,

Richard

Jim Correia

Nov 19, 2008, 5:12:03 PM11/19/08
to bbe...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 19, 2008, at 4:51 PM, risc...@googlemail.com wrote:

> is there a public listing with all this Tags for the .plist

The remainder of the keys should be documented in Appendix D of the
user manual.

These options also carry over from compiled language modules

BBLMSupportsPredefinedNameLookups -> true/false
BBLMPredefinedNameList -> array of possible completions strings

> a possibility to mark Classes and Functions etc. with different icons
> inside the autocompleteBox inside/with the .plist?

Outside of the predefined names, codeless language modules cannot
specify be a completion source, so no. (If you enable completion,
you'll be eligible for all the other completion sources, such as
ctags, words in file, etc. Compiled language modules can offer up
additional completions with custom logic.)

Jim

risc...@googlemail.com

Nov 24, 2008, 6:13:16 AM11/24/08
to BBEdit Talk
thanks! so we are going in future on c-Modules

Richard