Fwd: Application Accepted: Maker Faire Bay Area 2015: Bay Area Reprap Group [Project 50824]

Ken Snyder

Mar 8, 2015, 4:57:51 AM3/8/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
We got our booth for the Maker Faire!

Who can help set up on Thursday?

Bill S., we'll need your electronic sign.

We should also make cards or flyers to hand out with our meeting times and places.

Note that Maker Faire is 3 days this year, starting on Friday May 15th.  We need to start a schedule for all 3 days for occupying the booth.

Ken
Mar 8, 2015, 10:59:09 AM3/8/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken - You may or may not know, but I have a T-Shirt printing business and since I will not be available to volunteer to man the booth I would like to support the group by donating some custom printed T-shirts for the volunteers.  I can work with someone from the group who wants to spearhead the effort.  Ultimately, I will need a shirt count as to size/qty and a graphic design in electronic format by around mid-April so I can fit them into my normal work queue.  Let me know if there is interest for this.

Rick Portune
Memorable Impressions
1435 Floyd Avenue
Sunnyvale CA 94087
408-245-3211

Bill Seiler

Mar 8, 2015, 8:04:51 PM3/8/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com

I can, since I need to setup the LED sign.

Ken Snyder

Mar 8, 2015, 9:06:15 PM3/8/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

I think that would be great to have T-shirts.  Does anybody in the group have some graphic design experience?  Andrew, do you want to design us a logo/T-shirt?

Bill, thanks for helping me setup on Thursday.  Anybody else?  We need a Google doc for a schedule where people can sign up for a spot.  Anybody that signs up for a 4 hour shift in the booth gets free entry into the Maker Faire.  They should be good for the whole weekend like last year, but I need to verify that.

Ken

jorwex

Mar 8, 2015, 10:04:57 PM3/8/15
to bay-are...@googlegroups.com
I don't have much graphic design experience, but I was fooling around with vector graphics the other day and the RepRap logo. I'll post it later today. My feelings won't be hurt at all if the consensus is that it's fugly.

Jordan