Fwd: February 13, 2016 Indians of All Tribes Alumni Day

Morning Star Gali

Jan 19, 2016, 1:15:24 PM1/19/16
to Bay Area Native American Indian Network

The National Park Service will commemorate the Indians of All Tribes occupation of Alcatraz Island on February 13, 2016, and invites you to join us that day. The opportunity to pass on stories from that era would be an enriching educational opportunity for visitors, staff, and former occupiers. This alumni event would create a space for sharing experiences and knowledge through presentations and panel discussions for the general public.

The National Park Service Centennial approaches next year, and we are encouraging people to share the inspirational stories our national parks tell, building a connection between visitors and the lands we manage. The commemoration of the occupation would connect more people with the rich history of Alcatraz Island, the Indigenous Peoples Movement, and the subsequent changes the occupation caused across the United States. Please contact me if you would like to get involved! Your participation would help to preserve a very important part of our national heritage.

If you were a participant in the occupation and are planning to come please respond to Ranger Lori Brosnan at lori_b...@nps.gov or 415-561-4903

National Park Service is looking to give "original occupiers" of Alcatraz take over to have a voice and make presentations, walks about Alcatraz, table or however you see fit to talk about your personal experience being on the rock. Please pass this information on to those that were vitally important to this piece of American Indian history and movement. Deadline for proposals January 22nd. Event on Alcatraz February 13.

Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1015266921828911/

Invite letter:
https://www.facebook.com/IntertribalFriendshipHouse/photos/a.354869837928440.82878.251798591568899/960349950713756/?type=3&theater