StartupCampWaterloo(SeriousEdition)

1 view

Jesse Rodgers

Oct 8, 2009, 1:03:00 AM10/8/09
to WaterlooCamps
Hey everyone,

In case you didn't see our tweets, we are hosting another
StartupCampWaterloo - Serious Edition on October 20.

It will be a different format than usual, AND there will still be a
StartupCampWaterloo during e-week that will follow the "regular"
format.

The 'Serious Edition' is happening October 20 at the AC over lunch
(food will be provided). It's 'Serious' because Rogers Ventures has
started an early stage/seed round investment group. They are looking
to make several investments before the end of this year and they have
a strong commitment to fund and support entrepreneurs or post doc
researchers who have great ideas and/or innovative technology.

If are looking for funding and would like to pitch the Rogers' team
(Mike Lee, Nyla Ahmad or Jason Zan) and a few other local funders such
as Tech Capital. Please sign up to pitch or get in touch with Mic
Berman directly. Rogers is interested in early stage ideas so if you
haven't gotten funding yet or only raised some seed capital, this
event for you.

A little more info:http://barcamp.org/StartupCampWaterloo

Questions? Email: m...@embarkonit.com

Please pass this around to anyone who you think may be interested.

Thanks,
Jesse

Simon Woodside

Nov 2, 2009, 1:08:16 AM11/2/09
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Did it happen?

--simon

Jesse Rodgers

Nov 2, 2009, 8:16:48 AM11/2/09
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com
Yup... 18 people presented, I think it was 18. It was a long afternoon of great presentations.

Jesse

Simon Woodside

Nov 2, 2009, 5:32:26 PM11/2/09
to barcamp...@googlegroups.com