Pizza to Pigeon Park

macewen

Sep 1, 2007, 2:36:25 PM9/1/07
to BarCamp Vancouver, da...@abetterplacetowork.com
Hey Guys,

After barcamp there were 23 pizzas left over that Dane and I brought
down to Pigeon Park. It was absolute madness. People went berzerk,
literally running and biking and diving towards us to get their hands
on a slice. We didn't even make it to the park actually, the pizzas
were gone before we arrived.

It was a pretty incredible experience for both Dane and I.

I think if we could do that again and share it on YouTube it could be
quite powerful. Many of us run businesses in the neighborhood and it
would be a fitting contribution.

Next Wednesday, September 5th we should get together and make this
happen. Each company could buy one or tow or four Pizzas and we can
walk them down to Pigeon Park. I definitely think getting some photos
on flickr and video on YouTube would be helpful.

So are we game or what!?

Megan Cole

Sep 1, 2007, 5:09:46 PM9/1/07
to barcampv...@googlegroups.com
wow. excellent. I don't work in your neighb, I sure as hell missed
BarCamp, but I am def. in - great idea.
meg

--
Megan Cole

http://megancole.org
m: 604.809.9967
skype: meganlawriecole

kk+

Sep 1, 2007, 10:35:32 PM9/1/07
to barcampv...@googlegroups.com
Great idea.

macewen

Sep 2, 2007, 3:07:04 PM9/2/07
to BarCamp Vancouver
Awesome. Would 5:30 work for you guys? Right after work...

Anyone who wants to donate a Pizza can just have it delivered to
WorkSpace and then whoever shows up can help walk them over to Pigeon
Park...or towards Pigeon Park ;)

b.

James Sherrett

Sep 5, 2007, 2:59:32 PM9/5/07
to barcampv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

I really wanted to be able to make it but can't. I'd like to buy 2
pizzas to contribute. Can you front me the cash for a day or two
until I get down there to place some cash on your counter?

~James

Megan Cole

Sep 5, 2007, 3:04:46 PM9/5/07
to barcampv...@googlegroups.com
Bill - I am going to come down for this today - be there as close to 5:30 as I can.
Can you order me 2 pizzas along with your order please, will pay when I get there? that work?
Who's filming it/posting it?
meg