CellCard 3.5g internet 5$ per month?

Pongsametrey SOK

Aug 4, 2010, 12:02:49 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Has anyone tried to use this promotion?

How do you think? What is the speed?

http://www.cellcard.com.kh/en/service/data_mobile_internet.php

Thanks,
Metrey,

--
_____________________________________
Mr. SOK Pongsametrey
Nokor-IT Company
http://nokor-it.com

Personal:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/pongsametreysok
http://osify.com

Ryhan-រីហាន់

Aug 4, 2010, 12:12:56 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I used, but it was simple (Phone) not so fast.

I eagerly look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,
Harryhun
Designer

Sivatha Blvd, Mondul 2, Sangkat Svay Dangkum
Siem Reap, Cambodia 93136
Mobile: (855) 7748 0883
Email: heng...@gmail.com

Rithirun Meas

Aug 4, 2010, 12:14:06 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I just call the call center,

speed can up to 7.2 MB, but normally can not be that.
Unlimited is not mean for bandwidth.

for 5$/month, bandwidth allow only 1Gb only
for 2$/week, bandwidth allow only 300Mb only
for 0.5$/day, bandwidth allow only 50Mb only

But is still good than other,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Pongsametrey SOK <metr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rithirun Meas

Web Developer

tenh toeur

Aug 4, 2010, 12:24:32 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rithirun,

I am not understand about

for 5$/month, bandwidth allow only 1Gb only
for 2$/week, bandwidth allow only 300Mb only
for 0.5$/day, bandwidth allow only 50Mb only

Can you explain me?

Thanks
Tenh

Samnang Chhun

Aug 4, 2010, 12:33:11 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Could we use it in 3G modem, or we have to use it in phone?

Samnang

PHE Nimol

Aug 4, 2010, 12:52:49 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com, anin...@yahoo.com
Dear All,

My friend is not happy with that promotion. He says it is a cheating. Read more info at his blog http://wp.me/pd9w0-7B

Thanks,

nestl...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2010, 12:56:18 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
i wish your friend has english so i could read as well...

personally, i see no wrong with the promotion... unlimited use with bandwidth cap is a fair deal.

- nestle
_____

Nestle Poell G. Lagaya
Nº. 62B, Street 432,
Sangkat Toul Tum Poung II,
Khan Chamkarmorn 12201
Phnom Penh
Kingdom of Cambodia

+ 855 17 537 509 (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
+ 63 46 431 0703 (Philippines/Home)
+ 1 609 431 0703 (US/Mobile)
+ 1 909 895 0014 (US)

http://www.nestlepoell.net
_____

van

Aug 4, 2010, 12:31:05 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
it's terrible. unbelievable about this stupid promotion. they don't
know anything about IT. Don't even try it.

let's have a look here.

http://aznin.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/cellcard-unlimited-%E1%9E%9F%E1%9F%92%E1%9E%A2%E1%9E%B8%E1%9E%9C%E1%9E%B6/

Ryhan-រីហាន់

Aug 4, 2010, 1:02:16 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
They didn't cheat on you, y don't u read indeed. they said allowed only on phone not for modem. so don't confused.

song puthi

Aug 4, 2010, 12:33:28 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tenh,

let's me explain that instead... it would mean that:

for $5/month, you can use internet with unlimited speed but allowance data usage only 1GB only
for $2/week, you can use internet with unlimited speed but allowance data usage only 300MB only
for $0.5/day, you can use internet with unlimited speed but allowance data usage only 50MB only

Cheer,

Puthi

sophy

Aug 4, 2010, 12:24:49 AM8/4/10
to BarCamp Phnom Penh
តាមពិត​គ្រាន់តែជាការ Promos តែប៉ុណ្ណោះ បើសាកល្បង​ប្រកដជាចោល​លុយ​
ទទេហើយ! Unlimited ហ្នឹង​ 50cent/day = 50MB ​ហើយ​ប្រើបាន​តែជាមួយ​
ទទូសព្ទទេ​ បើលើសពីត្រូវគិតលុយហើយ។ សូម​មើល​បន្ថែបនៅទីនេះ
ព្រោះគាត់បានជូបបញ្ហានេះជាមួយ Cellcard
http://aznin.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/cellcard-unlimited-%E1%9E%9F%E1%9F%92%E1%9E%A2%E1%9E%B8%E1%9E%9C%E1%9E%B6/

---------------------
Sophy
http://kooms.wordpress.com

sophy

Aug 4, 2010, 12:59:08 AM8/4/10
to BarCamp Phnom Penh
Yes that right, It is I want to say nimol.

------------------------
Prak Sophy
http://kooms.wordpress.com

Rithirun Meas

Aug 4, 2010, 12:20:57 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
can you tell me your phone model?

2010/8/4 Ryhan-រីហាន់ <heng...@gmail.com>

--
Rithirun Meas

Web Developer

Panhavuth Mam

Aug 4, 2010, 2:23:26 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I think It is crazy promotion :( :( :(

Thanks
vuth

SeihaPunareay Suon

Aug 4, 2010, 12:41:38 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I never try for 3.5 but i just its GPRS is very poor connection
Suon Seiha Punareay
System Administration Officer
IT & Billing Department.
Viettel (Cambodia) Pte., Ltd.
#Building 199, Mao Tse Tung, Sangkat Toul Svay Prey 2, Khan Chamkamon, PP, Cambodia.
Tel:  (855)  97 58 22 097

Rithirun Meas

Aug 4, 2010, 12:27:42 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
If you subscribe 5$ per month, you can use up to 1Gb (bandwidth).

Sovichea SOU

Aug 4, 2010, 1:18:09 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com, anin...@yahoo.com
Cellcard unlimited internet is a program name, but not a unlimited bandwidth internet.
Cellcard never provides unlimited bandwidth for ages since that name happened. Why everyone didn't notice?

Other thing, how do believe internet in cambodia $5 per month with 160kilo byte per second download speed?

Maybe all of you confuse.

It is a marketing style.

Vichea

tenh toeur

Aug 4, 2010, 3:14:20 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Puthi,

Thanks for you explanation.

Tenh

PHE Nimol

Aug 4, 2010, 3:27:13 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com, anin...@yahoo.com
Dear all,

I think it is a vague promotion confusing subscribers or sales gimmick. Many users fall in this marketing style.

Nimol

Vantha KHENG

Aug 4, 2010, 3:40:27 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Puthi,

Unlimited speed? which speed you refer to? all internet speeds, it is limited (128kbps, 256kbps, 1Gbps...???). Even in other countries, also limited speed, no one provide unlimited speed!

I think Limited refer to 2 stuffs:
1. Can use anytime (crazy promotion)
2. Unlimited bandwidth (cant provide with Current price 5$)

Kind Regards,

Vantha KHENG

Web:

www.KVT.asia

www.KhmerMac.com

www.KVTSoft.net

www.KhmerSoftware.com

www.KhmerHotnews.com

Aug 4, 2010, 3:34:45 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Marketing is a tool to gain and give satisfaction for customers, not giving any confusing text or message to customer. It will lead to failure. Another thing is, promise in marketing is what company must provide, you cant give a promise while you haven't had it yet (Speed 7.2mbps or 3.5G).

Aug 4, 2010, 4:07:25 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Technically there is no difference between a phone and a modem on the mobile
network. You should be able to use your phone as a modem, connecting by
bluetooth or cable to your PC, or use a 3g modem.

Stephen

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:02:16PM +0700, Ryhan-រីហាន់ wrote:
> They didn't cheat on you, y don't u read indeed. they said allowed only on
> phone not for modem. so don't confused.
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM, nestl...@gmail.com <
> nestl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i wish your friend has english so i could read as well...
> >
> > personally, i see no wrong with the promotion... unlimited use with
> > bandwidth cap is a fair deal.
> >
> > - nestle
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:52 AM, PHE Nimol <phen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> My friend is not happy with that promotion. He says it is a cheating. Read
> >> more info at his blog http://wp.me/pd9w0-7B
> >>
> >> Thanks,

Rithirun Meas

Aug 4, 2010, 4:12:58 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I Just copy from http://www.cellcard.com.kh/kh/service/data_mobile_internet.php
Please note:

UNLIMITED MOBILE INTERNET PACKAGES

No registration, no hassle, just instant internet connection on your phone for as low as 50 cents a day, $2 a week or $5 a month, all unlimited*. Simply choose the package that fits your needs.

For DAILY Unlimited Package : SMS INET1 to 6767
For WEEKLY Unlimited Package : SMS INET2 to 6767
For MONTHLY Unlimited Package : SMS INET3 to 6767

Before you can subscribe to any of the packages, set up your phone for mobile Internet. SMS ‘CC’ to 7373 to receive your phone settings instantly.

Terms and Conditions:

  • Unlimited package subscriptions are not renewed automatically and all packages are subjected to Cellcard’s fair usage policy
  • Users will be charged pay-per-use rates (400KB/cent) upon expiration of their package, or upon reaching the fair usage limit associated with each package
  • Normal charges apply to SMS sent to 6767 (3cent/SMS)
  • The unlimited packages are for pre-paid customers only, and apply to mobile internet (cannot be used as a modem)
  • Each subscriber can subscribe to a maximum of 3 unlimited packages at a time. The package with the shortest validity period will be used up first
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • For more Terms and Conditions

* For more information, please contact our helpline. Dial 912 for free, or dial 812 for 3cent/call

Please check what I have high light. that is the style of artwork for design the promotion.

ហើយមិនដឹងថាអ្នកណាគេ ទេដែលបាន design website អោយ cellcard ទេ។ សូមពិនិត្យមើល button នៅ ក្បែរ ស្វែងរក។

វាជារូបភាព អាចឹងបានន័យថា វាមិនចេះខ្មែរទេ។ មិនដែល អាណា គេសរសេរ អាចឹងទេ។ បើជាអក្សរ ខ្ញុំមិនថាទេ។

song puthi

Aug 4, 2010, 4:34:40 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Vantha,

Unlimited speed that I wanna share now is that... The company will give you the huge speed as they can and as you gain from them due to your device using( such as if your mobile phone is the smartphone, you'll get more faster internet speed) and I think that they will give the internet speed up to 2 or 3Mbps that would be a fast one connection or something else that we don't know (only provider who know it).

In case every countries, the ISP have provided the limited speed to customer as what they have purchased and it is clearly sure. And thanks for your explain that there is no unlimited internet speed with agreed....

Puthi

Vantha KHENG

Aug 4, 2010, 4:41:43 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Then should use the word "Max Speed" not "Unlimited speed".
Sent: Wed, August 4, 2010 3:34:40 PM

Chea sereyvath

Aug 4, 2010, 10:24:08 AM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Well, in Cambodia you don't have the law to against the confuse marketing strategy. Anyway, they got something to cover their ass too, in their website.
Therefore I step here, just to give the indication of the internet speed they provide only. While using with my HTC I got the download speed upto 4Mbps.
It work perfectly with my iPad, and the price is cheaper compare to other 3G provide at the moment.

Moreover, we need to understand 3G frequency technology, it is not always or anywhere. Because 3G has different frequency compare to GPRS or GSM.
So don't ever feel strange if you sometime got the lower download speed.

Let see the attach of the picture for the speed I tried with my HTC. We are in the technology world so not all rule are valid, as long as the one who define the rule is the strongest.

Cheers,
CHEA Sereyvath
Master of Computer Science, MCP
Tel. +855 12 99 25 87
3.5GMobitelSpeed.jpg

Youvathana Sok

Aug 4, 2010, 5:38:36 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
It came to my attention when I see friends on facebook and this group are talking about 50cent/Day Unlimited Internet in Cambodia, first thing I knew immediately that it is a SCAM, but I decided to look into more detail because it is interesting. I looked at http://www.cellcard.com.kh/en/index.php I saw the advertisement as you all already knew, but it didn't mention any cap of 50MB/day at all, so it is maybe not a SCAM but it is FRAUD, BTW, SCAM = FRAUD :-)

I knew that it was purposely setup because they knew that the consumer will not do anything about it beside complaining to your brother/sister and email to the group here ;-), we really need a Consumer Protection law.

But you can try to sue cellcard to see what they say!!!!!

Vath.
Youvathana Sok
===================
130 Ash st. apt#2
Waltham, MA 02453
Phone: 978 435 1884
Email: youva...@gmail.com

Sochivy Chet

Aug 4, 2010, 9:47:18 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Dear friend,
   Do you know I follow the instruction to get Internet from Bee Line put $3 to get 100mb but it cut money to $0 ,
what is the problem? if you know please help me.

Chivy

SeihaPunareay Suon

nestl...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2010, 10:15:38 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
hi there vath

you said:

"I looked at http://www.cellcard.com.kh/en/index.php I saw the advertisement as you all already knew, but it didn't mention any cap of 50MB/day"

i guess you are not getting the real story as well. you even assumed and even said that the promotion is fraud. be careful or the finger might point back at you and cellcard themselves might sue you for libel for commenting such slanderous statement "FRAUD".

for everybody's sake who doesn't want to call mobitel's call center and ask for the details... spend a minute or two to FURTHER READ on the TERMS & CONDITIONS.

http://www.cellcard.com.kh/en/service/data_mobile_internet.php

on the link above you will see a link to the Fair Usage Policy:
http://www.cellcard.com.kh/engine/docs/3-5G/CC-FAIR-USAGE-POLICY.pdf

Section 5.3.1 on page 5 answers your query about the bandwidth cap/limit.

i see no sense on these people complaining or so about the limit, speed, etc WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRITTEN ALREADY on the terms and conditions. i think you guys should "read more and complain less"

- nestle

Youvathana Sok

Aug 4, 2010, 10:48:37 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nestle,

I would like to politely ask you what does "Unlimited Internet" really meant? and does it really exist? And why did they use such words? Did Cellcard mention "term & restriction apply" during TV/Radio commercial there? and if they didn't, can I still call it a FRAUD ?

It is marketing campaign+cheat to get customer attention because they knew that people will sign up for sure and people won't dare to sue them for their sake of safety, maybe FRAUD is a strong word, but what about a "Ripoff"? I think people did the right thing by complaining to Mobitel, at least their voice can be heard instead of seating and crying alone in the room.

Vath.

nestl...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2010, 11:14:59 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
hi vath

"unlimited internet" is an interesting topic here in Cambodia as it has a strings attached. well, in comparison to my hometown Philippines when they say it's unlimited -- it's literally unlimited, but here... there's always a "catch", they CAP the bandwidth allocation with respect to their so called "fair usage policy"

speaking not only with cellcard's service... i believe other network such as qb, smart, etc.. has a limit as well.

i can not comment on your question regarding mentioning " terms & condition" on their TV & radio ad. i do not understand written and verbal khmer. i always read the english documents whenever available.

i might be on the other end of the string as i am one of those happy and content subscriber and user of cellcard's mobile internet with or without the promotion... can i politely ask you back on what context of the promotion are you complaining at?

- nestle

Youvathana Sok

Aug 4, 2010, 11:48:27 PM8/4/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nestle for your quick replied, I am not a Cell card customer but I just would like to push other people who are not happy with this promotion to raise their voice to Mobitel because they've already fall into the trap and it is just not fair, so in the purpose of a better improvement and hopefully the term that currently in used can be changed to something more appropriate. 50cent/50MB is $5/500MB ~ download one movie, it is still very expensive compared to other countries.

I haven't watched but at least I listened to promotion, I didn't hear a word on "term & condition apply", can anyone else confirm? also on their website, if there is string attached they should at least put a note or icon next to promotion banner to indicate the "Term & Condition", example like http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/smartphones.aspx?Passet=Hme_Shp_LGSmartPhonesMaster#LGSentio&WT.ac=0933HOM01 it is a free phone but there is a note/icon alway placed next by.

But anyhow Mobitel providing a good service.

Vath.

Pongsametrey SOK

Aug 5, 2010, 1:22:24 AM8/5/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
Very great to hear many discussion around this topic, this can help us to take care before applying any promotion. Mostly we, Cambodian (I think), only concentrate on the TV/Radio promotion and we never try to call to their center for questions or go to Internet to read their promotion policy on their website as well (may be because we don't have Internet  ) ~ so we should not always trust the medias.

Any way, we still can raise a question in such this group to find out the info.

Thanks for all experience sharing. It helps me as I almost try this as I though as everyone too.

As community, hope we can fight back to all those providers to understand their consumers.

Thanks and Regards,
Metrey,
338.gif

Dara Y

Aug 5, 2010, 11:20:47 PM8/5/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
I'm agree with Mr. Youvathana's idea and I just want to add something on that, Khmer must help Khmer, but Khmer should not cheat Khmer. By using the word "Unlimited" I'm clearly know that Cell Card themselves surely understanding about what's the meaning of "Unlimited Internet" and they know that if they use this word, the user will confuse that is unlimited bandwidth. So they still do it in order to get benefit when user exceed the limited capacity by charging the remained money. Moreover if they plan to do this, why don't they interrupt connection and send information sms while user reach the plan? Totally we are no need spend time fighting with each other coz we can find out by the real fact.

Thank
338.gif

Dara Y

Aug 5, 2010, 11:26:59 PM8/5/10
to barcampp...@googlegroups.com
KonKhmerDer (10:23:18)

It’s about Khmer cheats Khmer buddy. If MobiTel still needs our supports, they’d better play by the rules, not by cheating us. I hope Dept of commerce or Dept of Telecommunication or any related government agency would step in and take this company to the court for their unfair practice.

You know what, when people see the word “ Unlimited” , their mind reads “ Unlimited” , not 50 MB or 100 MB. Simply put, they should have just used “ 50MB for only 5 cents” . Who cares to read about the f****** 6-page fair policy while you’re doing unfair marketing?

That stupid marketing manager should get fired for his obvious mistake destroying the company’s image.

Sometimes, don’t be too patriotic!!! Otherwise, you’ll make yourself like Thai-yellow-shirt rebels. Use your wisdom and common sense!

Just my 2 cents!!! Have a great day, folks!

338.gif

Mony

Aug 5, 2010, 11:40:18 PM8/5/10
to BarCamp Phnom Penh
I can’t see why some of you do not see the problem with this sort of
advertisement. It is deceptively vague and misleading. There is no
such thing as “unlimited” speed and your use IS limited by the amount
of data that you can download. Let’s compare with 3G packages from
QB.
http://www.qbmore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99
I’m sure you can see the difference in marketing strategies here.
There is one BIG difference: the amount of disclosure. QB clearly
states the amount of data you’re going to get.
Someone wrote that we should read more and, to a point, that person is
correct. But on the other hand, shouldn’t companies like this be
RESPONSIBLE and disclose important information that affect your use of
a product or service be provided up front? Of course they should!

SAKADA PEN

Aug 10, 2010, 1:52:42 PM8/10/10
to BarCamp Phnom Penh
It's not good.More use More out of money.What is unlimited that that
they advertising?