Conf Call #

Peter Chislett

Dec 2, 2008, 2:11:51 AM12/2/08
to barcampnyc4
As requested, here's the bridge # for next weeks web conference call.

BarCampNYC's Organizers Drop (odrop.barcampnyc.org)
Conference Call
218-486-3891 x 062414429

--peter

Chris Pallé

Dec 2, 2008, 8:02:49 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
How do we anticipate "raising hands"?is there a chat component we
should run concurrently with the conf. call? Or some other suggestion?

Chris Pallé
732-513-3570
http://linkedin.com/in/chrispalle
http://twitter.com/chrispalle
Please pardon any foggy grammar and glaring typos. This was sent from
my mobile during travels.

Tony Bacigalupo

Dec 2, 2008, 9:10:35 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Max, we volunteered you to make a new Doodle for our next meeting.

Here are the guidelines:

Sometime next week, Monday thru Friday, in the evening, on the phone.

Ready set go!

Tony Bacigalupo

Dec 2, 2008, 9:16:58 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Also, thanks everybody for coming out and helping clean up afterwards!

Jon, looking forward to the notes (or are they already somewhere on the wiki?)... thanks for putting in the extra work to keep up with 16+ people talking!

If you couldn't make it, or are the sentimental type, a video of the entire meeting is here:

Talk to you all next week!

Best,
Tony

jonathan berger

Dec 2, 2008, 9:48:35 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Notes are up (http://barcamp.pbwiki.com/081201+Notes) and linked to
from the front page.

It's probably worthwhile for everyone to check in and ensure that I
spelled their twitter handle correctly.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Tony Bacigalupo
--
_________________________

http://www.jonathanpberger.com
718.930.2165
PGP pub:12155309:23
This email is:
[ ] bloggable
[x] ask first
[ ] private

Rachel Clarke

Dec 2, 2008, 10:09:31 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
FYI, costs for Barcamp 2 were $3600 plus change. I've got the finalised accounting if anyone wants them

Rachel
--
http://digitalstuffing.com
http://blog.bibrik.com

noel hidalgo

Dec 2, 2008, 11:24:04 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
on the use of hands? i think we should use IRC... and then you just *hand* in....

Eric Skiff

Dec 2, 2008, 11:39:49 AM12/2/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
Last year we used a Meebo room for this purpose to get around the complications of IRC (needing a client, etc), but those chat-room meetings were extremely productive because we could all read / type at once and it was still manageable. We could also do stuff right while we were in the chat and keep moving.

I've dropped a room on this page here:
https://barcamp.pbwiki.com/barcampnyc4_chatroom

Would everyone be cool with using that as the backchannel for the call, or do you have another service that you like or recommend?

-Eric
--
Eric Skiff
http://clipmarks.com

Blog: http://glitchnyc.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/ericskiff | NYCResistor: http://NYCResistor.com

Chris Pallé

Dec 8, 2008, 8:57:40 AM12/8/08
to barcampnyc4
Is there a set date/time for the conf. call?

On Dec 2, 11:39 am, "Eric Skiff" <glitchc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last year we used a Meebo room for this purpose to get around the
> complications of IRC (needing a client, etc), but those chat-room meetings
> were extremely productive because we could all read / type at once and it
> was still manageable. We could also do stuff right while we were in the chat
> and keep moving.
>
> I've dropped a room on this page here:https://barcamp.pbwiki.com/barcampnyc4_chatroom
>
> Would everyone be cool with using that as the backchannel for the call, or
> do you have another service that you like or recommend?
>
> -Eric
>

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 11:24 AM, noel hidalgo <n...@noneck.org> wrote:
> > on the use of hands? i think we should use IRC... and then you just *hand*
> > in....
>
> > On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 08:02, Chris Pallé <chris.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> How do we anticipate "raising hands"?is there a chat component we
> >> should run concurrently with the conf. call? Or some other suggestion?
>
> >> Chris Pallé
> >> 732-513-3570
> >>http://linkedin.com/in/chrispalle
> >>http://twitter.com/chrispalle
> >> Please pardon any foggy grammar and glaring typos. This was sent from
> >> my mobile during travels.

> --
> Eric Skiffhttp://clipmarks.com

jonathan berger

Dec 8, 2008, 9:54:36 AM12/8/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the most popular time is Wednesday, Dec 10 at 8pm (8
"oks"), with runners up Monday (tonight) at 7pm (7 "oks") and
Wednesday (Dec 10) at 7pm (7 "oks").

Unless anyone has an objection, I'd suggest we meet on Wed at 8pm. Ok?

Max

Dec 8, 2008, 12:19:29 PM12/8/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
8:00 o'clock Wednesday it is.

Conference Number: 218-486-3891 x 062414429
Backchannel: https://barcamp.pbwiki.com/barcampnyc4_chatroom

Agenda?

Tony Bacigalupo

Dec 8, 2008, 12:41:44 PM12/8/08
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I probably won't be able to make it at that time after all, but here's a proposed agenda:

- Nail down the list of committees (on a wiki page), and who is on which
- Existing committees report back on progress
- Nail down money collection method(s); we should have a way of accepting money ASAP
- Revisit who will contact whom for sponsorship, given newfound way of accepting money
- Any formal steps to be taken @ MSFT to solidify our reservation of 2/28-3/1?
- Week / format for next meeting (which week and in person or chat)

Anything else?

Tony