Re: [BarCampLA] about Fundable, its demise, and what comes next

Message has been deleted

Sean Bonner

Jan 1, 2010, 8:51:05 PM1/1/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this is the douchiest e-mail I've seen all day. And that is saying a lot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanbonner/4234089909/

Pro Tip: Pretty much the two worst things you can do when promoting
something are talk shit about previous partners, and talk shit about
other people with similar projects.

Also, if your new project is for mobile phone users in Portland, why
are you sending it to a group in Los Angeles?

-s

--
Sean Bonner
http://www.seanbonner.com - homebase

Message has been deleted

will jessup

Jan 1, 2010, 9:14:01 PM1/1/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Holy crap - Don't even respond. Who can ban this asshole from the list?

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM, John Pratt <jpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sean, what have you even accomplished?  No one cares what you think.

You are a troll.

-John

--
Will Jessup
Managing Member

Citrusbyte | Modern Web Development
www.citrusbyte.com
Message has been deleted

will jessup

Jan 1, 2010, 9:33:05 PM1/1/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
You get a gold star.

It really takes world class douchebaggery to embarrass yourself the way you continuously have over the years.

http://www.maryrobinettekowal.com/journal/my-very-bad-experience-with-fundable-com/
http://1000-top-internet-thieves-and-scum-of-the-earth.info/1/2/thieves/fundable_com_has_been_closed_permanently/
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=856301

Now please, don't respond. You will just make yourself look more silly. Take a moment and reflect on how childish your ad hominem attacks are and try to be a better person - but don't tell me about it, or any of us, for that matter.

Will

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM, John Pratt <jpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Go read your TechCrunch, jessup.  Memorize the following paragraph and spit it out at the next Barcamp:

blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5 blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5 blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5 blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5 blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5 blog. blog .blog. RSS feeds. semantic web.  cory doctorow. boing boing.  oreilly. CSS. HTML5

Sean Bonner

Jan 1, 2010, 9:43:21 PM1/1/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com, barc...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 1, 2010, at 6:09 PM, John Pratt <jpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sean, what have you even accomplished?

Hmmm, good question. Well, for one I organized the first BarCamp in Los Angeles, and given that this is the BarCampLA mailing list I figure that counts for something.

-s

No one cares what you think.

You are a troll.

-John

Michael Pusateri

Jan 1, 2010, 10:17:31 PM1/1/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Hrrm, not sure what this has to to do with Los Angeles?  Or with BarCamp?  But I've got an open mind.

I'm sorry that you repeatedly make poor business decisions.  That sucks.

Back when I was on the Internet when it was just usenet and gopher, I thought of using it to send images as well (besides the alt.binaries, obv ) But that fucker Tim Berners-Lee stole my idea and actually built it.

I did review your site.

I'm an electrical engineer and help oversee television and radio broadcasting in addition to other technologies.  From what I read on your site, you have no real understanding of the complexity of starting a telecommunications company today considering the regulation and spectrum coordination required.  All for a phone that won't work outside of the city of Portland.

Enjoy becoming an ILEC.  Enjoy the FCC.  Enjoy the competition.

Honestly, if you've got a real passion for this, try working for an existing telco, or a repeater installer,  for a bit and see what it's really like.  Also, a good therapist will help you work out your unresolved issues and anger.

Good luck, and never, ever post to this list again plz,

Lastly, I am friends with Andy and take personal offense to you trying to drag his name through the mud.  So please go fuck yourself with a pineapple.

Sincerely,

-Michael

will jessup

Jan 2, 2010, 1:41:00 AM1/2/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
FYI - couldn't let the group not see that this got on hacker news.

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1026615

Serena Ehrlich

Jan 2, 2010, 12:00:08 PM1/2/10
to barc...@googlegroups.com
Great mornin read.  Thanks, Will

Sent from my iPod

jk2001

Jan 2, 2010, 5:38:59 PM1/2/10
to BarCampLA
I'm surprised John didn't mention RTMark, which had software to allow
people to pledge to fund art projects. There's also Kiva and the
Grameen Bank and some of those sites where you can lend money to
individuals.

My gut feeling is that projects like Kickstarter are not really world-
changing.