Re: [BCM Organisers] Random idea - Simultaneous AU BarCamps in 2010?

Ben Balbo

Mar 29, 2009, 8:59:19 PM3/29/09
to organ...@barcampmelbourne.org, barcampa...@googlegroups.com
notjosh says:
> Worth floating the idea to other BarCamps though and see what they
> say

I've Cc:d this to the BarCamp Australia mailing list.

Kathy Reid said:
> BarCampAU - the world's biggest simultaneous BarCamp across 4 cities
> and one bloody beautiful country

Funny you should say that: http://barcampaustralia.org/ ;)

This was my hope in 2007, but it never eventuated. I'd love to see it
happen!

> Date - not sure - ANZAC day weekend? Sponsors - would probably want
> to get on board for a bigger event

The date could be great or awful - would people give up a public holiday
weekend for this? Perhaps - I don't actually know. Just a thought.

> Initial thoughts? Too organised? Too conferency, not unconferency
> enough?

BCA FTW!

Stave Dalton said:
> Yeah - sounds good. We have also a Brisbane Barcamp coming up soon
> potentially.... plus I can run another Gold Coast one with very
> little advance warning... very easy to do now.

Awesome.

So BarCampAustralians - what say you? Is this time next year too soon to
get venues on a set date?

BB

signature.asc

Janet Hawtin