BarcampBKK May 22 & 23!

proteus guy

Apr 6, 2010, 11:46:00 AM4/6/10
to barcamp-thailand
We seriously need to kick off the organization of this. We had a brief meeting in the !_ a few weeks back but we definitely need to get sponsorships lined up and finalize the arrangements with Sripatum and the vendors. Expecting a fairly large number of visitors flying in just for this so let's make it the best yet!

  -- Ben

Sugree Phatanapherom

Apr 6, 2010, 1:57:13 PM4/6/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
I am working with yellowpages to get sponsorship. They need a kind of proposal.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM, proteus guy <prote...@gmail.com> wrote:
We seriously need to kick off the organization of this. We had a brief meeting in the !_ a few weeks back but we definitely need to get sponsorships lined up and finalize the arrangements with Sripatum and the vendors. Expecting a fairly large number of visitors flying in just for this so let's make it the best yet!

  -- Ben

Gen Kanai

Apr 6, 2010, 8:59:39 PM4/6/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com

I'm hoping to be there and hope to help with sponsorship. Will confirm
when I can.

--
Gen Kanai

proteus guy

Apr 7, 2010, 9:07:28 AM4/7/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sugree,

    Thanx! How much do you think they're good for? What do they need to see in the proposal? I'm happy to write something up but someone else would have to translate it into Thai if that were required. Let me know what you need.

  -- Ben

Sugree Phatanapherom

Apr 7, 2010, 12:38:31 PM4/7/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
They need to know:

1. Where
2. When
3. Who
4. How much

They sponspored last barcamp so no need to what barcamp is.

sugree

JFXBerns

Apr 7, 2010, 8:40:09 PM4/7/10
to Barcamp Thailand
Sponsorships are underway, we already have US$ 2500 from Yahoo, Google
will get back to us on a similar sponsorship and there are two other
big sponsors in the works--so we should have a decent budget in a
matter of days.

I was planning a kickoff organizers meeting for Sunday, April 11th,
hopefully that's before Songkran gets into full swing and people leave
town. I will post on the message board under a separate topic and
start tweeting about the planning meeting.

What's a good alternate date if people are not in town?

I will not sure I will have access to the Internet until late Thursday
afternoon, but I will likely be at Beercamp tonight.

On Apr 8, 12:38 am, Sugree Phatanapherom <sug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They need to know:
>
> 1. Where

Sripatun University

> 2. When
May 22-23, 2010

> 3. Who
1000 or so of Bangkok Geekiest Techies

> 4. How much
How much can they give? It's really up to them. 20K? 30K? 50K?

We will put their logo on the posters, website and T-shirts and any
other signage / communications we have.

Gen Kanai

Apr 7, 2010, 11:21:55 PM4/7/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
If there's a sponsor's proposal document, can one be sent to me please :)

Gen

Patipat Susumpow

Apr 8, 2010, 1:42:34 AM4/8/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
A lot of people start leaving on Friday night due to a lot of reason.

- Taking leave on Mon 12
- Red rally
- etc

To my, Sun 11 seems too late, how about Fri 9 night instead?

Keng.

Patipat Susumpow

Apr 8, 2010, 1:46:18 AM4/8/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Seems we have a lot of big sponsors, any room for small sponsorship?

Keng.

31o5 Oh

Apr 8, 2010, 1:57:13 AM4/8/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
meeting on Friday night is fine for me.
I'll be in Bangkok during songklan but I don't think many people will be here?

+ we can talk a bit about it tonight at beercamp

http://31o5.com
http://MOZO.in.th/MOZO-SHI

proteus guy

Apr 8, 2010, 6:28:18 AM4/8/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Here's a start:

http://docs.google.com/a/barcampbangkok.org/Doc?docid=0Aai8kvzmaUpvZGc5ZGd3cjlfMGM0NjM1OGhr&hl=en

Here's an initial budget spreadsheet based on last time with values edited to support an estimated 1000 people:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/barcampbangkok.org/ccc?key=0Aqi8kvzmaUpvdGc0YmU5OGVQRWd1MWVEdjVCTThjdnc&hl=en

I propose that we use the same caterers that we had for dinner last year as the food was quite good and affordable (not like the lunch) so I will get a quote on them doing the whole thing but we need to settle on the numbers first. Let me know if anyone thinks these numbers are off or has a better idea.

Sugree - how much did yellowpages sponsor us for last time? How much do you think we can ask for this time around?

  -- Ben

Jason Jackson

Apr 7, 2010, 8:05:10 AM4/7/10
to Barcamp Thailand
Is there a list of speakers or topics anywhere? Would be happy to
speak.

-Jason

--
http://dotrb.com

proteus guy

Apr 8, 2010, 10:01:05 AM4/8/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
everyone speaks Jason. :-) come to the event and you fill out what topic you'd like to discuss on a big piece of paper then post it on the wall. everyone walks around putting a hash mark on topics they are interested in. then we take the topics with the highest votes and put them on the room schedule. once that's done everyone goes off to the rooms with the topics that interest them. that's why we call it an "unconference" as there is no preset agenda. of course it helps very much to come prepared.

  -- Ben

Proteusguy

Apr 9, 2010, 1:19:32 AM4/9/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com, barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
So I missed beercamp - what's the conclusion about our planning meeting?

-- Ben

> thai...@googlegroups.com.

Pong

Apr 9, 2010, 3:17:13 AM4/9/10
to Barcamp Thailand
Guys, do we have any BarCamp profile, document in order to ask for the
advertising budget? I may help to do this with my company.
jakrapong

Sugree Phatanapherom

Apr 10, 2010, 1:33:20 AM4/10/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
We suppose to make one anyone. :)

Sugree

Arthit Suriyawongkul

Apr 10, 2010, 2:17:24 AM4/10/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com

pong,

for barcamp profile, in thai,
you can take it from
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29185095/BarCamp-Chiang-Mai-Introduction
modify it a bit to bangkok stats, date.
(photos themselves are from both bk and cm).

for source file (opendocument text),
search this list. i used to sent in last month.
will resend again when i'm home.

cheeers,
art

On Apr 9, 2010 2:17 PM, "Pong" <jakr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guys, do we have any BarCamp profile, document in order to ask for the
advertising budget? I may help to do this with my company.
jakrapong

On Apr 6, 10:46 pm, proteus guy <proteus...@gmail.com> wrote: > We seriously need to kick off the o...

Joe Wana

Apr 11, 2010, 11:02:42 PM4/11/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm new here but I might be able to get a big sponsor.

Are there any more upcoming meetings?

Joe Wana

Apr 11, 2010, 11:04:09 PM4/11/10
to barcamp-...@googlegroups.com

Arthit Suriyawongkul

Apr 12, 2010, 11:40:48 AM4/12/10
to barcamp-thailand
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Arthit Suriyawongkul <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pong,
>
> for barcamp profile, in thai,
> you can take it from
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/29185095/BarCamp-Chiang-Mai-Introduction
> modify it a bit to bangkok stats, date.
> (photos themselves are from both bk and cm).
>
> for source file (opendocument text),
> search this list. i used to sent in last month.

Changed info to BarCamp Bangkok info.

http://mekongict.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/barcampbk-info.pdf
http://mekongict.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/barcampbk-info.odt
http://www.f0nt.com/download/sipafonts/07-TH-Sarabun-PSK.zip

I put participant figures in Page 2 as 200, 400, 800, and 1000 (expecting),
for BarCamp Bangkok 1, 2, 3, and 4, please do correct it.

cheers,
art