PENSION UPDATION - A SWOT ANALYSIS

RANGARAJAN M R

Dec 29, 2022, 5:38:41 AM12/29/22
to bankpensioner
A "SWOT" ANALYSIS OF
PENSION UPDATION/ANAMOLY RECTIFICATION

STRENGTHS

1)SYMPATHY FACTOR

2) GOOD IMAGE TOWARDS CONTRIBUTIONS TO BANKING INDUSTRY WHILE IN SERVICE

3) CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT

4)  DECADES OF EXPERIENCE BEING MADE AVAILABLE FOR THE BENEFIT OF INSTITUTION IN WHICH THEY SERVED WITH DEDICATION THROUGH OFFER OF CONTINUED REAPPOINTMENT.

WEAKNESSES

1)COMPLICATIONS IN REGULATIONS, ITS INTERPRETATIONS BY JUDICIARY COMPARED WITH ORIGINAL INTENTIONS OF BPS PARTIES AND SPIRIT OF AGREEMENTS/REGULATIONS NOT RECKONED.

2)INFIGHTING

3)JEALOUSY

4)NOT ABLE TO
AFFECT WORKING SYSTEM BY PENSIONERS HOLDING DEMONSTRATIONS
EXCEPT HIGHLIGHTING
THE PLIGHT TO PUBLIC
WHO MAY NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

5)NO TANGIBLE RESULT INSPITE OF  MEETING
MPs, MINISTERS, LEADERS ETC.

6)SPENT FORCES IN SOCIETY

7)SOCIAL MEDIA BEING UNNECESSARILY USED TO SPREAD DISTORTED VIEWS, MISINFORMATION, VAGUE STATEMENTS ETC. CAUSING FRUSTRATIONS TO VERY SR. PENSIONERS WHO SHOULD OTHERWISE LIVE IN PEACE.

OPPORTUNITIES

1)SERIOUS EFFORTS ARE UNDER WAY
THROUGH BPS SYSTEM
FOR  RELIEF

2)FAVOURABLE JUDICIAL RESULTS MAY COME.

THREATS

1)ONE UPMANSHIP BY
DIFFERENT PENSIONERS
ASSOCIATIONS/INDIVIDUALS

2)IMPROPER COMMUNICATION
WITH STAKE HOLDERS
JEOPARDISING THE
INTEREST OF PENSIONERS

3)FILING /IMPLEADING IN CASES THEREBY DELAYING FINAL LEGAL OUTCOME

4)EFFORTS APPEAR TO BE BEING MADE TO SABOTAGE THE EXPECTATION OF FAVORABLE RESULTS .

HOPES ARE STILL BRIGHT EXPECTING FAVOURABLE AGREEMENT THROUGH BPS AS PART OF RESIDUAL ISSUES IN 11TH BPS BEFORE COMMENCING 12TH BPS WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME. JUDICIAL SOLUTION IS ALSO A HOPE. THERE MAY NOT BE ANY OTHER SOLUTION
 EXCEPT THESE TWO.

M.R.RANGARAJAN
MYSORE

MYSORE

JSOMA SHEKARA

Dec 31, 2022, 6:24:39 AM12/31/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
To those who are accusing pensioners of misusing social media, I want them to clarify following points
1.Denying 50% Basic pension from DOR
2. Denying 100% DA for pre-2002 retirees.
3. Denying  the 5 year benefit for SVRS retirees.
4. Denying pension option to CRS retirees
5. Recovery of Commutation from Date of retirement instead of date of payment.
6. keeping silent when Banks argue that agreement of 1993 and Small committee meeting resolution of 1994 are only preliminary discussions and not legally valid.
All above anomalies occurred  between 2001 to 2010 when there were no social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google groups erc. As far as I can remember, our group started in 2009.
In fact many members were not even aware that such anomalies are there. So the contention that pensioners are misusing social media is totally baseless and mischievous.
While we agree that all comments made by pensioners are not true, what is the real status? When UFBU/IBA are supposed to be transparent and provide actual status of negotiations or clarify their stand on pension regulation provisions, UFBU is silent and IBA refuses to answer any queries claiming it does not come under RTI Act.
When you try to suppress information, naturally guess factories will be active. Unions cannot take this as an excuse  and balme pensioners, for their inaction in pursuing demands of retirees.
Pensioners are asking genuine questions and IBA/UFBU are silent.

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

harinarayana sarma nandivada

Dec 31, 2022, 6:24:40 AM12/31/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Good  Managerial Analysis showing the  managerial exposure of the writer.

N.Harinarayana Sarma

Jose Tk

Jan 1, 2023, 11:06:39 PM1/1/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

AIBPARC is rejecting the demand  for five year notional service to SBT VRS 2001 retirees. Their stand is VRS terms not allowed 5 year notional service and who opted VRS  agreed it.

Then what about the pension updation demand of AIBPARC?

There is no specific clause in Pension Regulation for periodic updation. But we accepted the Pension scheme. Then as per the policy of AIBPARC, how they can demand for udpation of pension?

One theory for VRS retirees and opposite theory for others!!!

JOSE TK  SBT VRS Retiree.
.

Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

Satyanarayana Rao

Jan 1, 2023, 11:07:17 PM1/1/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
No trade unions like UFBU ditched their their members after retirement.
Your views are perfect and anguish of all veterans is much more.
Inspite of the government giving positive views on pension updation the UFBU failed to achieve and bring pressure on Iba and conclude pension updation agreement.
Taking shelter and excuses on extraneous views is not appreciable.

JSOMA SHEKARA

Jan 2, 2023, 5:51:43 AM1/2/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
There is absolute need for coordination between UFBU and Retiree organizations to achieve updation. Unfortunately UFBU is working secretly and the two unions are taking different paths.
Many members are expressing opinion that let unions agree for whatever half baked updation scheme proposed by IBA and we can later fight it over in courts.
Unfortunately this will never happen.
There is no provision for pension updation in our pension regulations and no scheme is guaranteed.
Pension updation is a new benefit and whatever the agreement signed by UFBU and IBA will become final and  no court will interfere in that. SC has ruled that management has right to restrict the benefit to pensioners retired prior to certain date
UFBU is not at all interested in  any formula for updation. Due to pressure from pensioners and  as they want to continue to have the right to negotiate retirees' issues, they are agreeing to some scheme, details of which are decided by IBA and not negotiated by IBA.
UFBU will not care for AIBRF or AIBPARC.

Pradip Chakraborty

Jan 4, 2023, 11:08:30 PM1/4/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
For the attention of all the readers:
I am a Bank Resignee and living overseas for 20 years.  Thanks to  JSOMA SHEKARA for this eye-opener issue.
I found another interesting point to add on top of it, which exposed the intention of the UFBU.

 "Denying Pension option to Resigned employees". The number of those resignees are too small, around 6500 all over all banks which costs negligible amounts.

I don't understand  at whose best interest the big leaders are always silent on this issue. Do they represent the management side to save some money? like IBA  or
really do they care about fellow employees?
Shame on those so-called Leaders who are continuously mis-leading us for the last two decades but are unable to deliver any promises. Even when a judgement is delivered in favour of us, please remember, Vijaya Bank Resignee case! why its benefit remains limited to the applicants only, why not applicable for all victims, all bank employees?

My sincere request to those big leaders or their mouthpieces  could you please clarify why the following happened:
1.Denying 50% Basic pension from DOR
2. Denying 100% DA for pre-2002 retirees.
3. Denying  the 5 year benefit for SVRS retirees.
4. Denying pension option to CRS retirees and Resignees
5. Recovery of Commutation from Date of retirement instead of date of payment.
6. Keeping silent when IBA or Bank Managements argue with silly arguments and deny the genuine cause.

If anyone has anything to say please reply.

Regards

Pradip Chakraborty

Jose Tk

Jan 5, 2023, 10:42:48 PM1/5/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Sir,

The number of VRS 2001 retirees from Associate Banks of SBI is around one thousand, who have not got the 5 year notional service as per section 29(5) of PR Act 1995.
I have written to Associate Banks Retired Officers- Unit SBT. This organisation is affiliated to AIBPARC, national level Bank retirees and Pensioners Association under the leadership of one Mr. Achariya . They have clearly replied that they will not support the demand for 5 year notional service to VRS retirees of Associate Banks of SBI.
The reason is that there was no such benefit to VRS retirees as per the terms of VRS , and VRS  retirees agreed to these terms.
But the main demand of AIBPARC is pension updation. There was no specific clause for periodic updation of pension in the Pension Regulation Act. Then why does this AIBPARC  demand for pension updation ?

Only the leaders know the secret of this.

JOSE TK        SBT VRS2001 retiree.

Johnson David

Jan 6, 2023, 5:13:31 AM1/6/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Yes  it is absolutely  correctly.

JSOMA SHEKARA

Jan 7, 2023, 11:17:20 AM1/7/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
We are all discussing, debating, making presumptions and assumptions about a mirage called updation. None of us have any concrete evidence to prove anything. All we have is a circular from UFBU which says  Updation to pre 2002 pensioners will be taken up first. But IBA has filed an affidavit rejecting updation in court.
I am also a pre 2002 pensioner deprived of 100% DA for  many years and I am also eagerly waiting for updation and believe Pre 2002 retirees need immediate relief.  but I doubt the practicability of implementing updation for pre 2002 pensioners only.
UFBU leaders have to come out with details.
First the major question is, is it possible to implement full fledged updation for Pre 2002 retirees only without updating 8 to 10 BPS pensioners.
At what index level DA will be merged with Basic Pay for Pre-2002 pensioners  when  for pensioners of 8th to 10th BPS DA is merged at different index levels. Can Unions agree for merging DA@ index level higher than that of 8th, 9th and 10th BPS pensioners?
It is possible that 100% DA can be extended to pre 2002 pensioners with some added special allowance which does not rank for DA.
Another clarification required is can  pension regulation be amended to provide Pension updation to a group of the pensioners or clause like updation in stages?
If they do not have intention to amend pension regulations what sort of updation will it be?
After updation can pension of pre 2002 pensioners more than those retired later?
Will somebody clarify these points