GS OF AIBEA SPEAK ON PENSION UPDATION

mohan p

May 17, 2023, 10:16:31 PM5/17/23
to bankpensioner
Just for information;

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxK7YJo_Dyj5Zn7oQbKAwisdwQmJRqI7cv

_from  arora solutions.

Raghu Bhargava

May 18, 2023, 12:03:34 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
He speaks more like a Chairman of IBA rather than a Union Leader.What an attitude?
Raghuraj

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

kds nair

May 18, 2023, 12:03:34 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
If CHV firmly speak in the open meeting ,there must be some understanding between iba and ufbu.

JSOMA SHEKARA

May 18, 2023, 6:26:28 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
We do not support personal anuses.
But CHV as a part of UFBU has the absolute right to negotiate pension updation and other issues of retirees.
So what is wrong in asking
1. When will the updation happen 2 Why so much delay 3  Why it is taking decades to get actuary report and cost data of Updation 2. Why is the committee report not made public?
I have been listening to his speeches since the last few years, and he is not honest and never  addresses the above issues, but every time  he brushes off the questions by saying retirees abused me etc.
CHV along with other union leaders must come out with a circular explaining the real status of updation, actual cost data and why Banks cannot afford Updation when RBI and Nabard implemented it.

kds nair

May 18, 2023, 6:26:28 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Let him be IBA Chief.Why pensioners have to break their head?Please always remember that updation will happen only through bipartite agreement.So reserve your right of freedom of expression to a later date to avoid irritation to union leaders.Otherwise also what right we have got to criticise union leaders?Why we are not turning against our own association leaders?

vrsivaram...@yahoo.in

May 18, 2023, 6:26:28 AM5/18/23
to mohan p, bankpensioner
Dear Sir,
PENSION scheme settlement was signed by IBA on behalf of BANKS and by Unions on behalf of employees in 1993 and subsequently in 1994 in small committee meeting it is clearly mentioned that our PENSION scheme is similar to central Govt and RBI
In RBI 100%.DA is paid to pre retirees of 2002 and pension also revised subsequently to all retirees. When our settlement speaks that our PENSION scheme is similar to RBI why the BANKS have not implemented and why the Unions are not demanded updation at that time itself. Then there is no meaning in settlements.
I have filed updation case in Madras High court and I got reply to my court order  from bank that they have referred the matter to IBA. In reply the bank said that the IBA in their letter mentioned that similar updation case was dismissed in Supreme court by mentioning Canara Bank 100% DA case
IBA says clearly in its circular that it acts according to the BANKS instructions. Now whom to believe and whom to blame.
In another case filed by Shri Dhanaraj senior officer Bank of Baroda the Govt replied that bank has to provide funds for updation of pension, but there is no  proper reply from bank. When the  pension and 100%DA is revised in RBI banks must implement it automatically , and when it is not implemented the Unions must raise their voice but our UNIONS say there is no money in banks to revise. This reply clearly indicates that updation clause is in our pension settlement.
Banks have Surplus funds to provide for NPA s ( non living things). but no money to living things. (To pensioners)
Govt revises   salary, PENSION, family pension to its employees once in. ten years automatically by 30%increase by collecting taxes from public. Why not the banks collect additional interest  of 0.20% on loans to meet the short fall in PENSION fund. 🙏🙏🙏

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---
---

Ramani Konnayar

May 19, 2023, 12:29:13 AM5/19/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
The following is the answer for the questions raised by you.

Main reason for AIBEA/UFBU's disinterest in pursuing pension updation seriously is the introduction of NPS w. e. f. 1/4/2010 in replacement of the hard won Defined Pension Scheme. Why there was no protest at all for this change is not known.

Whether it is Pension updation Or Salary
Revision under BPS, everything has to be met from the surplus funds of the banks alone. That means, any upward revision of pension will naturally reduce the level of increase in salaries of employees, majority of whom are under NPS which is much less beneficial than OPS due to the absence of index linked DA. Naturally, the interest of their members comes first for AIBEA/UFBU.
Still, due to the extreme pressure from the retirees' organizations, whose office bearers are erstwhile office bearers of the constituents of UFBU, the latter want to do something in the matter and hence the talk of updating the pension of pre 1/11/2002 retirees to start with, so that the BPS prospects are not affected drastically.

Bank managements/Govt only need the cooperation of UFBU for their functioning (and not retirees' organizations) and hence will never bye pass them in the matter.

K N Ramani

Sudhakarbabu Kambhampati

May 22, 2023, 12:33:39 AM5/22/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
sheer nonsense to believe CHV.

kds nair

May 22, 2023, 6:27:02 AM5/22/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
If you cannot believe union leaders,updation will be a distant dream for retirees.

Vvns Varaprasadrao

May 23, 2023, 1:36:02 AM5/23/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Even the Union leaders betrayed their believers and followers all these days, leave alone the non believers.

But no other go than to rely on UFBU leaders and IBA officials.
We can't even dream about the progress in pension updation issue before the end of 2023.

Dorai Krishnamurthy

May 23, 2023, 1:36:02 AM5/23/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Even now the pensioners are dreaming for the past so many years.

K Dorai