How's it going, guys? <eom>

C. K. Ponnappa

Jul 28, 2007, 3:58:24 AM7/28/07
to bangal...@googlegroups.com

--
Reality is for other people.
- Sidu Ponnappa

Satish Kota

Jul 28, 2007, 11:38:43 AM7/28/07
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sidu and the Rest,

Just a small Update...

Since it was the first time visit for us.... we enjoyed a lot....

The Ruby Collective started with a good note...

There was Mr. Angrez Singh talking about using Firewatir script testing tool...Simiar to Selenium... but still in the infant stages...

Then was Vivek Prahalad's talk on Deploying Rails Applications... which was quite interesting....Got to know more details...

Mine and Bhavin's Presentations are pushed to tomorrow as they the organizers said that they wanted to close it up for a feedback session....

Other to these...

Me and My guys enjoyed the startups group, Internet groups and Java groups...

P.S: One interesting Note was when my guy attended the Java group... they had a session on Ajax...and not many guys over there knew much about In Place editing or the approach for that...

Hope this note was interesting... however as you know....once we complete the barcamp... I shall possibly write our experience in our blog and post it here....

Thank you
with Regards
Satish N Kota

C. K. Ponnappa

Jul 28, 2007, 12:42:58 PM7/28/07
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satish,

Thanks for the update. Sounds really cool. Hope yours and Bhavin's talks tomorrow go well. Good luck!

Best,
Sidu.

mataal

Jul 29, 2007, 9:49:10 AM7/29/07
to BANGALORE RUG-Ruby Users Group
Hi Speakers@BCB4,

Can you guys also upload your presentations/goodies onto the group?
Especially as I missed Day 1. :)

Cheers,
Ashish

PS- @Bhavin and Satish- Thanks for the sessions... loved them...

> - Sidu Ponnappa-- Reality is for other people. - Sidu Ponnappa

Satish Kota

Jul 29, 2007, 10:29:30 AM7/29/07
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your compliments...if what we have talked about has reached you guys then we feel happy for that...and yes its the motivation for us to go an extra mile...

I have requested Angrez singh to provide us the presentation...but for vivek's you can go through his blog or i think he has it in the slide share...

For my presentation, instead of the presentation... i would suggest to take a look at http://heurionconsulting.wordpress.com/2007/05/24/using-find-methods-in-railsactiverecord/  and you can find the same what I talked in detail in a much readable format.

But I dont think there is much in the Rails Introductory session... It was made on the spot and presented.

Bhavin...can we have your's

Thank you
With Regards

Satish N Kota

Bhavin Javia

Jul 29, 2007, 12:58:20 PM7/29/07
to bangal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashish/All,

Thanks for the compliments. I hope people found something new to play around with through my session.
My presentation is all of 4 slides and much of the info is already available in online articles like these:

1. http://code.google.com/p/activemessaging/wiki/ActiveMessaging
2. http://www.infoq.com/articles/intro-active-messaging-rails

and also take a look at this one
 http://beechbonanza.blogspot.com/2007/07/jruby-jms-as-replacement-for.html

Oh, and if someone has taken snaps of our collective and BarCamp in general, please upload them somewhere and post the link.

See you all at the next BangaloreRUG meeting.

Cheers,
Bhavin
Bhavin Javia,
ThoughtWorks Inc,