Raspberry Pi Pico/Micropython programming help request

Shane Hoeckel

Jan 16, 2022, 12:15:56 AM1/16/22
to Baltimore Node Discussion
Hello, I'm attempting my first raspberry Pi Pico project, and have reached a point where I'm not sure how to advance.

I want to make an LED backlight for a 3d printed lithophane, that turns on automatically when it gets dark out.

I have the Pico, and all required components...I'm getting stumped on the programming.. I'm currently searching for a similar project that I can pull code from, but haven't found anything simple enough yet..

Any tips or pointers are appreciated.

Yosef

Jan 16, 2022, 3:46:09 PM1/16/22
to Baltimore Node Discussion
This tutorial might be helpful: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/physical-computing/0

It has a section on lighting LEDs and measuring light-dependent resistors as well as the code for all of it.

Shane Hoeckel

Jan 16, 2022, 4:55:05 PM1/16/22
to Baltimore Node Discussion
Thanks, I will try to work through that one as well.  I've gone through similar beginner (although less advanced) LED coding project they have for the raspbery pi pico.   I'm not sure if your link will be the same coding for the pico/micropython I'm using, but I will try and find out.