Suzuki 1100 for sale near Calistoga

fl...@mustang.via.net

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

Posted for a friend.

For sale:

1988 Suzuki Catana 1100 GSX
runs well, but needs new ignition.
Located in Cobb, about 1/2 hour from Calistoga (or 2 hours from S.F.)
Owners needs cash, asking only $3500.
Please call 707-928-4456 for more info or to see.

Erik Astrup

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

On 16 Sep 1996 17:24:24 -0700, fl...@mustang.via.net wrote:

> 1988 Suzuki Catana 1100 GSX
> runs well, but needs new ignition.

??????

Ted Lemon

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In article <323ecbff...@hermes.dna.mci.com> eas...@mother.com (Erik Astrup) writes:

>> 1988 Suzuki Catana 1100 GSX
>> runs well, but needs new ignition.
>??????

My suspicion is that he means the ignition switch is bad. Of course,
ignition switches usually fail because somebody breaks them in order
to steal the bike... :')

_MelloN_
--
Ted Lemon mel...@fugue.com
+1 415 282 3447

Joel Garry

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

In article <MELLON.96S...@toccata.fugue.com> mel...@fugue.com (Ted Lemon) writes:

>In article <323ecbff...@hermes.dna.mci.com> eas...@mother.com (Erik Astrup) writes:
>
>>> 1988 Suzuki Catana 1100 GSX
>>> runs well, but needs new ignition.
>>??????
>
>My suspicion is that he means the ignition switch is bad. Of course,
>ignition switches usually fail because somebody breaks them in order
>to steal the bike... :')

This can be true. One time my parents called me up and told me a tenant
had abandoned a bike, did I want it? I said sure, went through the
usual procedures for claiming abandoned property, as well as called
up Long Beach police and asked, "Is This Bike Stolen?" I didn't want
to put any effort or money into a stolen bike. They said "we'll check
and get back with you." Later, they got back and said, "No, That Bike
Is Not Stolen." A nice Honda 750C for my efforts, cool.

So I went ahead and gave it to a shop, with a "Make Run" order. It came
to $270, if memory serves.

About a week later, some jerk detective called me at work to tell me the
bike was stolen, and I had to give it back. I did not appreciate this,
as I was working as a programmer for an alarm company, who were, as you
might expect if you think about it, quite paranoid about security. I told
him as much, as well as that I expected to be reimbursed for fixing it.
Eventually, the cops did an exchange through a middleman, the guy got a fixed
motorcycle back, I got my money back. The only net negative was a large
reduction in my opinion of Long Beach police. Oh, and they arrested the
middleman for receiving stolen property - they were looking for an excuse.
I'm glad he didn't decide to kill me - he understood exactly what the
cops did.

Remember, if you ask the cops if something is stolen, they will say "no"
and investigate _you_. Just like if you report a bomb...

--
Joel Garry joe...@rossinc.com Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc. <> <>

Keith P. Keber

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

In message ID <MELLON.96S...@toccata.fugue.com> on 9/17/96, Ted Lemon
wrote:

>In article <323ecbff...@hermes.dna.mci.com> eas...@mother.com
>(Erik Astrup) writes:
>
>>> 1988 Suzuki Catana 1100 GSX
>>> runs well, but needs new ignition.
>>??????
>
>My suspicion is that he means the ignition switch is bad. Of course,
>ignition switches usually fail because somebody breaks them in order
>to steal the bike... :')
>

> _MelloN_
>--
>Ted Lemon mel...@fugue.com
>+1 415 282 3447

Or keeps two pounds of keys dangling and jouncing around from the ignition
switch every ride...

Keith

//It is the customary fate of new truths to begin as heresies and to end as
superstitions. -T.H. Huxley//