new burger place in San Mateo

Asya Kamsky

May 17, 2001, 4:53:14 PM5/17/01
Downtown San Mateo has acquired a new burger place on the
site of the old Grace Baking Company.

It's called Mannalia Burger Bratisserie. Their menu
reminds me of Barney's in East Bay. Lots of "gourmet" type
burger (w/blue cheese, or brie, or various other foo-foo combos)
available with beef, turkey patties, chicken breast or gardenburger
patties.

The menu also has salads, and sides like fries, onion rings
and frings (combo of the two).

My SO had Southwestern burger (mild green chilis and Jack cheese)
and proclaimed it very good. I had Paris chicken sandwich (with
brie and sauteed mushrooms) and it was excellent, juicy chicken
breast, well cooked, okay bun.

Once you order and find a place to sit (which is a challenge as
they minimized the seating by putting in huge un-sharable booths)
the service is great -- food is brought out promptly, and
tables are cleared as soon as they are vacated. However,
ordering is an adventure. The person taking the orders at the
cash register was unfamiliar with the menu, the register operation,
and best we could tell, with American currency.

So, go for the food, if you can stand bad counter service.
--
Asya Kamsky

I'm doing a 3 day walk to raise money to fight breast cancer, July 27-29, 2001
To sponsor me, walker #3730 go to: http://www.breastcancer3day.org/donation.htm

Asya Kamsky

May 17, 2001, 4:54:06 PM5/17/01
In article <9e1dnq$7ug$1...@localhost.localdomain>,

Asya Kamsky <as...@bayarea.net> wrote:
>Downtown San Mateo has acquired a new burger place on the
>site of the old Grace Baking Company.

Sorry, for those who don't know, this would be on 3rd Ave,
near San Mateo Drive.