We Be Sushi - Sunnyvale - Excellent!

Janet Jakstys

Jan 14, 1993, 6:08:38 PM1/14/93
A plug for "We Be Sushi." Their lunch special includes
California Roll (6 pieces), One each: Tuna, Yellowtail, Shrimp, and Eel
includes soup and rice for $5.65.
I know this lunch special sounds very basic, but it's very fresh and good
and you can't beat the price.
Of course, they have a full a la carte menu too.

They are located at 592 E. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, at Remington
in the Long's/Lucky shopping center next to the Winchell's. It used
to be a deli called "Country Cupboard" and this sign is still up!
I don't know why, but don't let it fool you.

Try it...you'll like it! There's a story behind the name...ask them!
Janet Jakstys UUCP:{ames,pyramid!amdahl,hplabs}!ntmtv!janet
Northern Telecom INTERNET:ntmtv!ja...@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Mtn. View, CA.

Tom Littauer

Jan 15, 1993, 1:30:19 PM1/15/93
In article <1993Jan14.230838.2443@ntmtv> ja...@ntmtv.UUCP (Janet Jakstys) writes:
>A plug for "We Be Sushi." Their lunch special includes
>California Roll (6 pieces), One each: Tuna, Yellowtail, Shrimp, and Eel
>includes soup and rice for $5.65.
>I know this lunch special sounds very basic, but it's very fresh and good
>and you can't beat the price.
>Of course, they have a full a la carte menu too.
>
>They are located at 592 E. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, at Remington
>in the Long's/Lucky shopping center next to the Winchell's. It used
>to be a deli called "Country Cupboard" and this sign is still up!
>I don't know why, but don't let it fool you.

Let me support this... I don't want them to go out of business and there
*NEVER* seems to be a crowd when I go there. The only downside to this
place is that it can be a little slow (and I don't know why, with no crowd).
Quality is as good as or better than most of the places in San Jose's
Japantown, and prices are better.

Happy eating,
Tom
--
Tom Littauer at Amdahl M/S 278, PO Box 3470, Sunnyvale CA 94088-3470 USA
+1 408 737 5056 tw...@juts.ccc.amdahl.com tw...@amail.amdahl.com

Danny Low

Jan 18, 1993, 2:03:33 PM1/18/93
>(Tom Littauer)
>Let me support this... I don't want them to go out of business and there
>*NEVER* seems to be a crowd when I go there. The only downside to this
>place is that it can be a little slow (and I don't know why, with no crowd).
>Quality is as good as or better than most of the places in San Jose's
>Japantown, and prices are better.

People always like to say they want to eat at that "undiscovered"
gem of a restaurant (which We Be Sushi seems to be.) However when
it comes time to put their money where their mouth is, most people
will NOT go into an empty or near empty restaurant. So the first
trick of the trade any restauranteur learns is to slow the service
when business is slow so the place does not look so empty.

Danny Low
"Question Authority and the Authorities will question You"
Valley of Hearts Delight, Silicon Valley
HP CPCD dl...@pollux.svale.hp.com

Bruce M Ong

Jan 20, 1993, 4:55:39 PM1/20/93
>A plug for "We Be Sushi." Their lunch special includes
>California Roll (6 pieces), One each: Tuna, Yellowtail, Shrimp, and Eel
>includes soup and rice for $5.65.
>I know this lunch special sounds very basic, but it's very fresh and good
>and you can't beat the price.
>Of course, they have a full a la carte menu too.
>
>They are located at 592 E. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale, at Remington
>in the Long's/Lucky shopping center next to the Winchell's. It used
>to be a deli called "Country Cupboard" and this sign is still up!
>I don't know why, but don't let it fool you.
>
>Try it...you'll like it! There's a story behind the name...ask them!
>--

Thank you! I went with some co workers for lunch today and they
indeed have excellent sushi. It took us 45 minutes to *find* the place cuz we
thought it was in the other shopping center on Mary & El Camino (there is a
Long's store there too). But after driving aimlessly for a while, finally the
guys in the wagon got off the car and called information (the women in the
car were beginning to swap notes about the phenomenon of guys not asking
for directions when they are lost driving around). We normally go to Seto's
for sushi in sunnyvale and we feel this place has better sushi rice (they dont
fall off when you pick the sushi up), and the fish is fresher. (and the price
is better, too)

Besides, their stereo is tuned to my favorite radio station!
(KDFC 102.1)