Restaurant on Skyline or elsewhere on the hills

1 view

Nabeel Robert Ibrahim

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
Are there any good date restaurants on Skyline Blvd. or elsewhere in the
hills on the Peninsula where one has a nice view?

Thanks in advance,

nabeel

Karen O'Mara

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
The Bella Vista is heaven. Skyline, just south of 92. Ask for the View
Room.

And Steak Diane is deelish. So is the Grand Marnier souffle but be sure
to order that at the beginning of your meal.

Karen O'Mara <who decided to take O'Mara as her last name there so long
ago>

Joe

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
Nabeel Robert Ibrahim wrote:
> Are there any good date restaurants on Skyline Blvd. or elsewhere in the
> hills on the Peninsula where one has a nice view?

Bella Vista. I usually end up spending about $50 a person there, but
I'm a wine-drinker. Food is usually at least very good, the view is
excellent, the wine list is certainly pretty good, the dessert souffles
are wonderful, and I've had anywhere from very good to "Wow!" service
there at different times.

[Hmmm. Haven't been there in about six-eight months. Too long.
Thanks for the reminder!]

--Joe (j...@polychromatic.com; j...@bi.org)

Robyn Young

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
I have a theory I call the "Inverse View Law". In brief: The better the
view, the worse the food.

David Braun
br...@davidbraun.com

Nabeel Robert Ibrahim wrote:

> Are there any good date restaurants on Skyline Blvd. or elsewhere in the
> hills on the Peninsula where one has a nice view?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> nabeel

Hipsters

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98

Obviously, you haven't been to the Bella Vista.

Karen

Don Charles Lundell

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98

Bella Vista has a wonderful view, and passable, but not
by any means comparable to the view - food.

- dc

law...@see.below.for.address

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98

I have had consistently excellent meals at Belle Vista. I have also
dined with some very food-knowledgeable people there (several, over the
course of several different occasions), and without exception they have
been pleased with the food and service, and have indicated that they
would happily return. One in particular declared it one of the best
meals he'd had in the U.S. (he being of European origin).

While there may well be better restaurants in the city, or above, I
can't think of but a few restaurants below the city which come even
close, view or not.

**
*
*Bella Vista has a wonderful view, and passable, but not
*by any means comparable to the view - food.
*
*- dc

[Note: my email address is the above username, at netcomdotcom]
--
I am: mom, attorney, professor, advocate for fathers
http://www.parentinglaw.com

Jeffrey Mogul

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
In article <360A82...@resilience.com>, Don Charles Lundell <d...@resilience.com> writes:
|> Bella Vista has a wonderful view, and passable, but not
|> by any means comparable to the view - food.

And the service would be unacceptable at a Sizzler, let alone
at Bella Vista's prices.

-Jeff

Joe

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
Jeffrey Mogul wrote:
> And the service would be unacceptable at a Sizzler, let alone
> at Bella Vista's prices.

My mileage varies.

Wow. Admittedly I haven't been there in months, but I have
been probably ten or twelve times, and I've never had less
than very good service--and it's certainly been better
than that.

Sizzler? Are we thinking of the same Bella Vista?

--Joe

o o o
Joe (j...@bi.org; j...@polychromatic.com)
polyamory book reviews http://www.polychromatic.com/