KFI's Handel Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

Tiernan

Dec 1, 2005, 5:38:08 PM12/1/05
(lifted in total from allaccess.com) login required.

So Maybe Karel, Bill W.? Copie or Jim Gabbert?

Bill Handel
What does it mean to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize? Not as much
as some would think: after much was made by his supporters of convicted
murderer and gang founder STANLEY "TOOKIE" WILLIAMS' nomination for the
prize for his jailhouse conversion to peace and writing childrens'
books, CLEAR CHANNEL Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES morning man BILL HANDEL
managed to get himself nominated for the same prize.

HANDEL, along with afternoon hosts JOHN AND KEN and evening host JOHN
ZIEGLER, has been critical of the efforts by celebrities and
anti-death-penalty activists to get WILLIAMS, the founder of the
notorious CRIPS gang, clemency from his upcoming lethal injection for
his part in four murders.

The host, who was nominated by an unnamed U.S. Congressperson, said in a
statement "I am deeply honored to be placed amongst the august company
of other Peace Prize nominees such as ADOLF HITLER, JOSEF STALIN, BENITO
MUSSOLINI, and STANLEY 'TOOKIE' WILLIAMS.”
--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

Patty Winter

Dec 1, 2005, 8:14:21 PM12/1/05
In article <11ouuqh...@corp.supernews.com>,

Tiernan <s_em...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>(lifted in total from allaccess.com) login required.
>
>So Maybe Karel, Bill W.? Copie or Jim Gabbert?

The only unnamed person in the article is identified as a "U.S.
Congressperson," so it couldn't have been any of those guys.

Patty

--
========= pa...@wintertime.com ===== N6BIS ===== Sunnyvale, Calif. ========
"Too expensive for the Army?" "I don't think they ever tried to

sher...@mailcity.com

Dec 1, 2005, 8:38:16 PM12/1/05
Just heard Bill Handel in a radio interview it takes very little to be
nominated. In his case a letter from an elected official(ANY elected
official no matter how small the office) in Tookie's case (he has a
total of nine nominations) any English teacher can nominate him for
literature Handle & other Rightwing talk host are about to expose what
a joke the Nobel is

sher...@mailcity.com

Dec 1, 2005, 8:42:20 PM12/1/05
Oh & The nominator/nominatee are secret & can only out themselves

Tiernan

Dec 1, 2005, 11:39:07 PM12/1/05
sher...@mailcity.com wrote:
> Just heard Bill Handel in a radio interview it takes very little to be
> nominated. In his case a letter from an elected official(ANY elected
> official no matter how small the office) in Tookie's case (he has a
> total of nine nominations) any English teacher can nominate him for
> literature Handle & other Rightwing talk host are about to expose what
> a joke the Nobel is

Well he's proof of that..... interesting part.....he
participated/allowed the nomination.

couldn't make it in SF......none of the KFI crowd could

--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

sher...@mailcity.com

Dec 1, 2005, 11:57:20 PM12/1/05

Tiernan wrote:

> couldn't make it in SF......none of the KFI crowd could
>
> --
> Dean
> www.Audicy.net
> www.DeanTiernan.com

Umm, Handle is on in San Francisco (KNEW 910) has been for at least 2
years

Tiernan

Dec 2, 2005, 1:22:48 AM12/2/05
which proves whose point?

no listeners....never made it in Bagdhad by the Bay.....

Just like all the other pretenders.

--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

John Higdon

Dec 2, 2005, 2:41:01 AM12/2/05
In article <1133499440....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
sher...@mailcity.com wrote:

As weekend fill.

--
John Higdon | Email Address Valid
+1 408 266 4400 | Sana Zay, CA

leansto...@democrat.com

Dec 2, 2005, 2:55:59 AM12/2/05
Leo Laporte (now on KFI) certainly made it here.

John Higdon

Dec 2, 2005, 3:04:58 AM12/2/05
"leansto...@democrat.com" <leansto...@democrat.com> wrote:

> Leo Laporte (now on KFI) certainly made it here.

I first met Leo when he worked at KLOK, somewhat before he was a
computer guru. He has a lot of experience with "here".

David Kaye

Dec 2, 2005, 4:26:27 AM12/2/05
John Higdon wrote:

> I first met Leo when he worked at KLOK, somewhat before he was a
> computer guru. He has a lot of experience with "here".

He was also a DJ at KNBR for quite some time, while hanging out at
Computerland on Market near Castro, apparently buying all the goodies.
The manager knew him quite well. So that wouuld be, what, 27 years
ago? (yipes)

Tiernan

Dec 2, 2005, 11:17:36 AM12/2/05
John Higdon wrote:
> In article <1133510159.1...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "leansto...@democrat.com" <leansto...@democrat.com> wrote:
>

>>Leo Laporte (now on KFI) certainly made it here.
>

> I first met Leo when he worked at KLOK, somewhat before he was a
> computer guru. He has a lot of experience with "here".

1. I didn't say an SF broadcaster couldn't make it there, several have.

I met Leo when we both worked at KNBR....when they were doing Frank &
Mike, still.

--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

Tiernan

Dec 2, 2005, 11:19:14 AM12/2/05
In fact he went from that to talk show host at KNBR during their brief
talk show phase, believe he was doing that when I worked there during
Frank and Mike time.....I may have tape definitely do of F & M
introducing me, best professional day of my life and its posted at
deantiernan.com

--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

Tiernan

Dec 2, 2005, 11:21:08 AM12/2/05
leansto...@democrat.com wrote:

> Tiernan wrote:
>
>>sher...@mailcity.com wrote:
>>
>>>Just heard Bill Handel in a radio interview it takes very little to be
>>>nominated. In his case a letter from an elected official(ANY elected
>>>official no matter how small the office) in Tookie's case (he has a
>>>total of nine nominations) any English teacher can nominate him for
>>>literature Handle & other Rightwing talk host are about to expose what
>>>a joke the Nobel is
>>
>>Well he's proof of that..... interesting part.....he
>>participated/allowed the nomination.
>>
>>couldn't make it in SF......none of the KFI crowd could
>>
>>-- Leo Laporte (now on KFI) certainly made it here.

But that's the reverse of what I said LA to here, not here to LA.....you
should see some of the TV anchors in LA.....they probably broke into
programming to announce rain in the Santa Clara Valley (that's the one
which runs from Ventura to Santa Clarita, along the Santa Clara River.

--
Dean
www.Audicy.net

David Kaye

Dec 2, 2005, 2:12:03 PM12/2/05
Tiernan wrote:
> Well he's proof of that..... interesting part.....he
> participated/allowed the nomination.
> couldn't make it in SF......none of the KFI crowd could

Thinking back on the history of radio, I can only think of people who
worked in SF who made it big in LA, but not the reverse.

Among Bay Area DJs, personalities, & talkshow hosts to make it in LA:

Michael Jackson
Bill Ballance
Don Steele
Casey Kasem
Robert W Morgan
Tom Campbell (well....)
Pat Michaels (though he shifted into sales)
and now Carson Daly

As for the reverse, nobody comes to mind at the moment.

John Higdon

Dec 2, 2005, 2:29:52 PM12/2/05
In article <1133550723.5...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"David Kaye" <sfdavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pat Michaels (though he shifted into sales)

And station management.

> and now Carson Daly

I first knew Carson Daly when he worked at an AM-FM (the company, not
the bands) station in San Bernardino county. He left there to work at
KOME.

David Kaye

Dec 2, 2005, 3:02:24 PM12/2/05
John Higdon wrote:

> I first knew Carson Daly when he worked at an AM-FM (the company, not
> the bands) station in San Bernardino county. He left there to work at
> KOME.

Interesting note about musical tastes and such, Carson Daly is
considered to have his finger on the pulse of hot music. Notice that
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, a swing band, is the most featured guest band on
his show.

Again I say unto the skeptics: It's in the marketing, good music is
good music, regardless of the era.