"Gary from Oakland" was in the studio

Richard Fangnail

Aug 2, 2007, 12:58:29 PM8/2/07
I was surprised to see what he looks like. He looks like an
intellectual Berkeley lib:

http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?id=52445&SPID=3770

(scroll down about 10)

John Higdon

Aug 2, 2007, 2:53:26 PM8/2/07
In article <1186073909.9...@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Richard Fangnail <richard...@excite.com> wrote:

> I was surprised to see what he looks like. He looks like an
> intellectual Berkeley lib:

I didn't go to the page. Let met guess: glasses, beard, Birkenstocks.

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

leansto...@democrat.com

Aug 2, 2007, 3:22:08 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 11:53 am, John Higdon <skep...@IBOCisaCrock.org> wrote:
> In article <1186073909.916219.115...@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com> wrote:
>
> > I was surprised to see what he looks like. He looks like an
> > intellectual Berkeley lib:
>
> I didn't go to the page. Let met guess: glasses, beard, Birkenstocks.
>
> --
> John Higdon
> +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

Well, you can't see his shoes.....

Travis James

Aug 2, 2007, 3:25:26 PM8/2/07

> > I was surprised to see what he looks like. He looks like an
> > intellectual Berkeley lib:
>
> I didn't go to the page. Let met guess: glasses, beard, Birkenstocks.
>
> --
> John Higdon
> +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
Close enough ...
http://bay01.imagebay.com/bay.php?view=18025_GarryOakland.jpg

John Higdon

Aug 2, 2007, 4:11:15 PM8/2/07

David Kaye

Aug 2, 2007, 4:16:38 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 11:53 am, John Higdon <skep...@IBOCisaCrock.org> wrote:

> I didn't go to the page. Let met guess: glasses, beard, Birkenstocks.

In the movies there has long been a "character establishing" shortcut
of putting glasses on the person who is supposed to be the
intellectual. Even Harry Potter wears glasses. Cary Grant wore
glasses in that movie "Bringing Up Baby" where he plays a professor,
and that was back in the 1930s.

While it isn't necessary for an intellectual to wear glasses, it seems
to be such a fashion statement that Sean Penn wears them when he wants
to be taken seriously.

Oddly enough, Robin Williams wears beards when he wants to be taken
seriously and shaves them off for comedies.

Richard Fangnail

Aug 2, 2007, 4:22:33 PM8/2/07
If you heard the show, what does Gary do for a living?

He often has hateful right-wing views so I'm surprised he was
invited. Those other two guys, I don't recognize their names, but
maybe they mostly call Ronn and not the others.

I can't think of that many callers who call so often you get to know
them, except for Les from Cupertino.

Stratum

Aug 2, 2007, 5:07:06 PM8/2/07

Who's Gary of Oakland? How about Sherman?

Also, who's the fat guy in the casual shirts in all the photos?

(Last time I saw him in person, ca. 1977 when he was a new
arrival, he wasn't so fat.)

Buck

Aug 2, 2007, 6:31:32 PM8/2/07

"Richard Fangnail" <richard...@excite.com> wrote in message

> If you heard the show, what does Gary do for a living?

Who knows?

Now Billy from Capitola!

that's a different story.

I've listened to him pontificate for fifteen years.

Originally from Granite Bay, when his wife worked at the Intel facility in
Folsom, and now, I guess, she works at corporate in Santa Clara.

(There was also an overseas tour when he disappeared from the air.)

In short---Billy calls radio stations!

He's a kept man.

We used to call them 'bums'.

Charles, if I'm on to the same guy, is the one who used to call Bill
Wattenberg and remind him that he really didn't know much, because he was
only an ASSISTANT professor at UC Berkeley, and not a FULL professor.

What a suck ass!

Nuff o' dat!

Buck

Steven

Aug 3, 2007, 12:57:02 AM8/3/07
There were TWO cats like that. The trimmed greybeard or the two-tone?

m...@privacy.net

Aug 3, 2007, 6:41:43 AM8/3/07

Goldie Hawn looks like she is ready to jump out of her skin when Ronn Owen
touch's her shoulders.
http://images.radcity.net/5151/1003962.jpg

Steven

Aug 3, 2007, 5:20:17 PM8/3/07

I can't see glasses when any of us post? Let's call the whole thing
off and model for a Dungeons and Dragons revival.

Steven

Aug 3, 2007, 5:22:20 PM8/3/07
On Aug 2, 4:31 pm, "Buck" <Buck@buckaroov...@Cowtown.net> wrote:
> "Richard Fangnail" <richardfangn...@excite.com> wrote in message

> > If you heard the show, what does Gary do for a living?
>
> Who knows?
>
> Now Billy from Capitola!
>
> that's a different story.
>
> I've listened to him pontificate for fifteen years.
>
> Originally from Granite Bay, when his wife worked at the Intel facility in
> Folsom, and now, I guess, she works at corporate in Santa Clara.
>
> (There was also an overseas tour when he disappeared from the air.)
>
> In short---Billy calls radio stations!
>
> He's a kept man.
>
> We used to call them 'bums'.

We used to call them art by Crumb. Pictures from early Soviet Europe
too.

J. Michael Scott

Aug 6, 2007, 4:09:23 AM8/6/07
On Aug 2, 9:58 am, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com>
wrote:

Actually, all three of those guys look the Berzerkely type. I coulda
swore that one was...nope not him. IS this the (in)famous) ba.
braodcast poster Buck-sparring partner Gary Sellani??

Back to whatever waste of bandwith I was previously abusing. :)

J. Michael Scott

Aug 6, 2007, 4:19:41 AM8/6/07
On Aug 3, 3:41 am, m...@privacy.net wrote:

> Goldie Hawn looks like she is ready to jump out of her skin when Ronn Owen
> touch's her shoulders.http://images.radcity.net/5151/1003962.jpg

Funny you mentioned that...as I always notice how he just *kinda* does
that pose where he's standing or leaning over them from the rear.

Observe how the women's hands usually have Sir Ronn blocked from the
nether regions of said ladies. I mean, I wouldn't call him a letch,
like Mancow, L & T, Stern , Ofiicer Vic (& a few PDs) or even Glen
Beck, but still...a few of them females look ready to swat him with
those 30 lob handbags they carry, or in the Commedienne's case, a
studded chain wallet.

I mean, I hear him flirting with Margaux Hemongway (the Jewish
Comedienne he ahd on last week was a scream, and even Len played it
up.

Outstanding, but that's why Sir Ronn of Smarm is #1 mid-days for HOW
many decades now?

paul secic

Aug 6, 2007, 6:52:50 PM8/6/07
On Aug 2, 9:58 am, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com>
wrote:

Cool link! Tnx

christin...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2007, 12:39:48 AM8/11/07
On Aug 2, 9:58 am, Richard Fangnail <richardfangn...@excite.com>
wrote:

FYI, guys-- the picture is labeled incorrectly. The hippie in the
middle is Charles, and the guy on the left is Gary. Trust me. Poor
Charles would be mortified if he knew you thought that was him. Even
though Charles talks too much, so he's got his own battles.

Steven

Aug 11, 2007, 8:45:16 AM8/11/07

Welllll, thank you kindly, stranger.

Obvoiusly you wouldn't give the wrong guy Chai if he wanted a root
beer float.

hxjx.rad...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2007, 9:48:50 AM8/11/07

At least Sir Ronn's not trying to cop a feel. ;)

Steven

Aug 11, 2007, 2:19:01 PM8/11/07
Frasier Crane--"Dear GOD, Roz, we can't get out aged scruffy
intellectuals CONFUSED"!