What they are not telling you about HD Radio

1 view

Mel Lerner

Mar 30, 2007, 12:22:23 AM3/30/07
It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one
pay cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron
financed it.

st...@chooseone.net

Mar 30, 2007, 12:27:50 AM3/30/07

So, if I pay cash, I won't be tracked?

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 12:35:27 AM3/30/07
In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:

And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
sneak into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a
secret radio transmission?

And...once they have this information, what are they going to do to you?

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

Mel Lerner

Mar 30, 2007, 12:35:03 AM3/30/07

they will still know what you listen to and when but will not know
who you are.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 12:39:21 AM3/30/07
In article <Xr0Ph.78$w41...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,
Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:

> they will still know what you listen to and when but will not know
> who you are.

But how does it send the information?

Mel Lerner

Mar 30, 2007, 12:42:48 AM3/30/07
John Higdon wrote:
> In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
> Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
>> It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one
>> pay cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron
>> financed it.
>
> And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
> sneak into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a
> secret radio transmission?

A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio

> And...once they have this information, what are they going to do to you?

Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
listeners get mail from hispanic firms. With credit card they have name
and addy so flood your mailbox.
After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO
and suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left
on classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret
investor in HD.

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 12:52:36 AM3/30/07

"Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message

> It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one pay
> cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron financed
> it.

Gee. Three sentences, three lies.

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 12:53:12 AM3/30/07

<st...@chooseone.net> wrote in message

It has no tracking ability, as I think you guessed.

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 12:53:37 AM3/30/07

"Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message

Another lie.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 12:55:35 AM3/30/07
In article <cz0Ph.3232$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:

> A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio

To where? What picks it up? What frequency? What is the transmission
mode? I'm fascinated; clue us in...please!

> Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
> opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> listeners get mail from hispanic firms. With credit card they have name
> and addy so flood your mailbox.

How do they get your email address?

> After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO
> and suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left
> on classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
> Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret
> investor in HD.

That's amazing. I'll certainly help you spread the word if it will scare
people away from the radios!

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 12:55:36 AM3/30/07

> John Higdon wrote:
>> In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
>> Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one
>>> pay cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron
>>> financed it.
>>
>> And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone sneak
>> into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a secret
>> radio transmission?
>

> A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
>>
>> And...once they have this information, what are they going to do to you?
>>

> Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
> opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> listeners get mail from hispanic firms.

There are no Mexican HD stations; Mexico has not authorized HD

>With credit card they have name and addy so flood your mailbox.
> After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO and
> suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left on
> classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
> Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret investor
> in HD.

Are you Chuckie(tm)?

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 1:18:29 AM3/30/07
In article <mJ0Ph.902$Q23...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net>,
"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote:

> "Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message

> > they will still know what you listen to and when but will not know who
> > you are.
>
> Another lie.

That's what I thought. "They" know who your are no matter what!

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Mar 30, 2007, 3:26:35 AM3/30/07
Guy's on meth. Stupid thing couldn't cut through all the $$$$ put out
by appliances, much less the hash being sent to it.

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Mar 30, 2007, 3:28:07 AM3/30/07
On Mar 29, 9:55 pm, "David Eduardo" <amda...@pacbell.com> wrote:
> "Mel Lerner" <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message

> > John Higdon wrote:

> >> And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone sneak
> >> into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a secret
> >> radio transmission?
>
> > A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
>
> >> And...once they have this information, what are they going to do to you?
>
> > Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
> > opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> > listeners get mail from hispanic firms.
>
> There are no Mexican HD stations; Mexico has not authorized HD
>
> >With credit card they have name and addy so flood your mailbox.
> > After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO and
> > suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left on
> > classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
> > Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret investor
> > in HD.
>
> Are you Chuckie(tm)?- Hide quoted text -

He just wanted the cat to move on to Wal-mart.

leansto...@democrat.com

Mar 30, 2007, 3:56:49 AM3/30/07
On Mar 29, 9:42 pm, Mel Lerner <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
> John Higdon wrote:
> > In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5.1...@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,

Perhaps the HD chip talks to the implant in your buttocks, which in
turns relays the information to the prison-industrial complex.

I'd suggest contacting Art Bell and exposing this scheme.

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Mar 30, 2007, 4:22:38 AM3/30/07
On Mar 30, 12:56 am, "leanstothel...@democrat.com"

Shhhhh! He'll likely be targeted by Truth Control squads and they
don't screw it up!

st...@chooseone.net

Mar 30, 2007, 4:33:20 AM3/30/07
On Mar 30, 12:22 am, "Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)"

This story sounds pretty far out. But sometimes far out stories are
real. Watch out, big brother is listening!

Charles Newman

Mar 30, 2007, 6:49:55 AM3/30/07

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.com> wrote in message

> "Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message
> > John Higdon wrote:

> >> And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
sneak
> >> into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a secret
> >> radio transmission?
> >

> > A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
> >>
> >> And...once they have this information, what are they going to do to
you?

> > Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
> > opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> > listeners get mail from hispanic firms.
>
> There are no Mexican HD stations; Mexico has not authorized HD

I think he means the generic term for Hispanic
stations in general in the USA. Just like some
radio guides will use the term "Spanish" for any
Spanish language format station in America.

Phil Keller

Mar 30, 2007, 8:07:09 AM3/30/07
We may well be witnessing the birth of an Urban Legend. Your radio
reports on your listening habits. Don't you think that the government
will soon be able to use the radio to listen to every word you say and
use the chip to broadcast it to the CIA-FBI?

If the radio can listen to and report what your listening habits, why
can't it listen to what you say when the radio is off, and report that?
Is it best to keep the radio on all the time to keep them from knowing
what you are saying? Perhaps it is best to keep it unplugged all the
time. Maybe you should throw out all your radios. What about HD TVs, do
they contain chips?

As the rumor spreads responsible authorities will deny it. Many will see
the denial as proof of the truth of the rumor.

It will be interesting to see if this takes off or dies a quiet death on
ba.broadcast.
phil

Mike Ward

Mar 30, 2007, 8:58:28 AM3/30/07
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:55:35 -0700, John Higdon
<curmu...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:

>How do they get your email address?

A cord sneaks out of the radio, plugs itself into the nearest computer
via USB connection, and taps into your E-Mail program.

;)

illega...@dncliars.org

Mar 30, 2007, 10:14:43 AM3/30/07
It figures that Chuckie would be the one explaining this to us.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 10:20:09 AM3/30/07

"Charles Newman"
<ch...@backtalkradio.spammers.will.hung.by.the.neck.until.dead.backtalkradio.net>
wrote in message news:CtCdnVMmPLfKdpHb...@comcast.com...

Confirmation that Mel = Chuckie.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 10:38:26 AM3/30/07
In article <1175243600....@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
st...@chooseone.net wrote:

> This story sounds pretty far out. But sometimes far out stories are
> real. Watch out, big brother is listening!

And they're pulling it off right under the noses of a lot of very snoopy
engineers!

Sometimes people, particularly far-out conspiracy advocates, forget that
there *are* those of us who actually know how it works.

JC

Mar 30, 2007, 10:48:18 AM3/30/07

Yeah, but the chip has a GPS receiver that transmits your
coordinates back to the mother ship.

Message has been deleted

Cubit

Mar 30, 2007, 12:39:02 PM3/30/07
While I agree that the story is bogus, but it is an interesting concept.
Chips might be polled from within a few hundred feet. Obviously, the chips
need to include a tiny transmitter. It could be something like an RFID chip
concept with a boost from the power of the radio. I'm not sure what the
maximum RFID chip range is. I suppose it would depend on the power of the
exciting/polling transmission.

"John Higdon" <curmu...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote in message

David Eduardo

Mar 30, 2007, 11:40:51 AM3/30/07

"JimK" <1al...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:35:27 -0700, John Higdon
> <curmu...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
>> Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one
>>> pay cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron
>>> financed it.
>>
>>And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
>>sneak into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a
>>secret radio transmission?
>>

> Maybe Bluetooth link to PPM and at the end of the day, the meter is
> placed in a docking station that extracts the codes and sends them to
> a central computer.
>
> The Arbitron Portable People Meter is a state of the art audience
> measurement system that uses a passive audience measurement device -
> about the size of a small cell phone - to track consumer exposure to
> media and entertainment, including broadcast, cable and satellite
> television; terrestrial, satellite and online radio as well as cinema
> advertising and many types of place-based electronic media.

Except that only a tiny sample of any market (like under 4000 for San
Francisco) will have the meters... not much of a consumer base. I don't
think Chuckie thought this one out too well, as it has not been explained in
themotel guides he uses as his source data.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 11:44:16 AM3/30/07
In article <l1bq035juc1gpn2q4...@4ax.com>,
JimK <1al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe Bluetooth link to PPM and at the end of the day, the meter is
> placed in a docking station that extracts the codes and sends them to
> a central computer.

Wait a minute. You've changed the subject. I know about the people
meter; that's old news. We're talking about the IBOC sending information
about itself back to a mother ship.

> The Arbitron Portable People Meter is a state of the art audience
> measurement system that uses a passive audience measurement device -
> about the size of a small cell phone - to track consumer exposure to
> media and entertainment, including broadcast, cable and satellite
> television; terrestrial, satellite and online radio as well as cinema
> advertising and many types of place-based electronic media.

And what, exactly, does this have to do with "HD Radio" per se?
Again...old news.

I want to know more about the conspiracy involving IBOC and the
MotherShip.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 11:50:45 AM3/30/07
In article <R9aPh.1787$H_5...@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net>,
"Cubit" <n...@not.not> wrote:

> While I agree that the story is bogus, but it is an interesting concept.
> Chips might be polled from within a few hundred feet. Obviously, the chips
> need to include a tiny transmitter. It could be something like an RFID chip
> concept with a boost from the power of the radio. I'm not sure what the
> maximum RFID chip range is. I suppose it would depend on the power of the
> exciting/polling transmission.

When people come up with this stuff, they usually give short shrift to
the receiving end in their scenario. You put out a signal that can be
received from more than a few feet, and people are going to notice
it...not to mention create all kinds of RF noise. Put your cell phone
near your computer or radio and listen to the RF racket it makes.

So we would have to be talking about a very, very low power transmitter
in the radio. That means that there would have to be receiving antennae
everywhere. Oh, sure, it could use some yet unknown technique, but that
stuff is reserved for space alien fantasies. This thing has to work in
the real world of today.

Mel Lerner

Mar 30, 2007, 12:31:43 PM3/30/07

I meant snail mail, not email. Buy HD on credit card and you physcical
address and phone# go to third parties.Do not call law does not affect
US mail.

The sales clerk at an unnamed store ( don't want to get him fired)
told me about this and said it is an industry secret. Don;t take my word
for it. If you put one on a credit card go out one day and leave it on
classical music. See how long before SF Opera sends you a brochure. Next
time keep it on KCBS and watch offers for newspaper come flooding in.
Finally do the same for a Spanish language station and watch ads come in
for Hispanic services. Yesterday when I said "Mexican stations" I meant
Spanish language.

Hate to tell you "pros" but you do not know everything about radio.
There is knowledge and then there is secret knowledge.

I can not say any more about this due to patent infringement laws.

Al Kossow

Mar 30, 2007, 12:39:52 PM3/30/07

> The Arbitron Portable People Meter is a state of the art audience
> measurement system that uses a passive audience measurement device

You forgot warn people about its very distictive color.

It is a PURPLE People Meter.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 12:50:48 PM3/30/07
In article <PXaPh.12385$Um6....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net>,
Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:

> I meant snail mail, not email. Buy HD on credit card and you physcical
> address and phone# go to third parties.Do not call law does not affect
> US mail.

But postal junk mail rules do.

> The sales clerk at an unnamed store ( don't want to get him fired)
> told me about this and said it is an industry secret. Don;t take my word
> for it. If you put one on a credit card go out one day and leave it on
> classical music. See how long before SF Opera sends you a brochure. Next
> time keep it on KCBS and watch offers for newspaper come flooding in.
> Finally do the same for a Spanish language station and watch ads come in
> for Hispanic services. Yesterday when I said "Mexican stations" I meant
> Spanish language.

Oh, I get it. It is like an elephant repelling device. I have one, and I
can show you that it works perfectly. There hasn't been an elephant in
my front yard since I bought it.

The problem is, I already get junk mail from the SF Opera, and since I
subscribe to four newspapers, I get plenty of other newspaper
solicitations already, and yes, I get Spanish language mail box fillers.
How would I know it was coming from the IBOC Conspiracy?

> Hate to tell you "pros" but you do not know everything about radio.
> There is knowledge and then there is secret knowledge.

Indeed. We "pros" do have secret knowledge...but we don't even hint
about it here. You'll never find out about *our* secret knowledge!

> I can not say any more about this due to patent infringement laws.

As I said to another poster, Chuck, patents are about making inventions
public in return for limited exclusivity. You can't violate a patent by
just talking about it.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 12:51:31 PM3/30/07
In article <460d30d4$0$16266$8826...@free.teranews.com>,
Al Kossow <a...@spies.com> wrote:

> > The Arbitron Portable People Meter is a state of the art audience
> > measurement system that uses a passive audience measurement device
>
> You forgot warn people about its very distictive color.
>
> It is a PURPLE People Meter.

One-eyed, one-horned...oh, damn...I didn't mean to let that slip!

kimm...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2007, 12:54:31 PM3/30/07
I belong to a ham radio club, maybe I can borrow a device (I forgot
what it's called) from on of the members that picks up signals from
devices and test it against the HDT-1. :)

On Mar 29, 9:55 pm, John Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:
> In article <cz0Ph.3232$YL5.1...@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 1:01:40 PM3/30/07
In article <PXaPh.12385$Um6....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net>,
Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:

> Hate to tell you "pros" but you do not know everything about radio.
> There is knowledge and then there is secret knowledge.

But there are no secrets from the FCC, who would have to approve this.
The FCC does not conduct secret proceedings. It's actions appear in the
Federal Register and in published rules and regulations.

Chuck, I think this is a less-sustainable troll than your Republic of
Hawaii project.

But you get an A for effort.

Travis James

Mar 30, 2007, 1:08:06 PM3/30/07
On Mar 30, 9:50 am, John Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:
> In article <PXaPh.12385$Um6.1...@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net>,

> Mel Lerner <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
> Indeed. We "pros" do have secret knowledge...but we don't even hint
> about it here. You'll never find out about *our* secret knowledge!
>
> > I can not say any more about this due to patent infringement laws.
>
> As I said to another poster, Chuck, patents are about making inventions
> public in return for limited exclusivity. You can't violate a patent by
> just talking about it.
>
> --
> John Higdon
> +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

This cat is less Chuck and more Kevin Trudeau. He likes emphasizing
"them" and "our." Either he wants to stir up the paranoid masses or
this is April Fools on the banker's calendar. Go figure.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 1:21:25 PM3/30/07
In article <1175274486.1...@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
"Travis James" <travis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This cat is less Chuck and more Kevin Trudeau. He likes emphasizing
> "them" and "our." Either he wants to stir up the paranoid masses or
> this is April Fools on the banker's calendar. Go figure.

I'm on his team. I *want* to scare the masses away from HD (as if they
need it, judging from the way radios are flying off the store shelves),
but he needs to dress up his credibility a bit. There are no secrets in
engineering. If he were in broadcast engineering, he would understand
what I'm saying. Not everyone knows everything, of course, but everyone
(who's any good) knows where he or she can find out anything about
anything.

That's the context under which he needs to operate. An "IBOC Listener
Monitoring Complex" would not appear by magic; engineers and technicians
would need to implement it. The moment so much as two people know about
a conspiracy, it is on its way to being blown. Many people realize that
faking the moon landings would have been far, far more complex and
difficult to keep under wraps than just doing it.

Engineers are more curious than cats. Anything that appears at our sites
(or within sight of our sites) will be examined and investigated to the
max. The IBOC Listener Monitoring system cannot operate in a parallel
universe (at least not and be credible), so when it comes down to it, it
is going to take an engineering type to even design the conspiracy
theory. It has to fit into reality space, even on paper.

Chuck is going to have to dress up the act, or it will just be a
laughing stock. He needs to not duck on the details.

George Grapman

Mar 30, 2007, 1:25:45 PM3/30/07
I wonder what really happened between Chuckie and the clerk.If, as I
suspect, Chuckie is the same person who annoyed the staff at the
satellite dealership I worked at in the 80's then the staff would have
said anything to get him out of the store so they could deal with real
customers.

Phil Keller

Mar 30, 2007, 1:51:40 PM3/30/07

No, no, no. They "know" that you are part of the conspiracy!
phil

Phil Keller

Mar 30, 2007, 2:02:05 PM3/30/07
John Higdon wrote:
That means that there would have to be receiving antennae
> everywhere.

As a well known member of the conspiracy, (I cite as proof my earlier
email which suggests you are a conspirator, two citations being all the
proof anyone should need.) you must know that the chip will send the
information to the nearest cell phone which relay it to the "conspiracy".

further proof of your involvement is your use of the "alien spelling" of
antennae. Gotcha!
phil

Phil Keller

Mar 30, 2007, 2:11:11 PM3/30/07
John Higdon wrote:
> In article <PXaPh.12385$Um6....@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net>,
> Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
>> Hate to tell you "pros" but you do not know everything about radio.
>> There is knowledge and then there is secret knowledge.
>
> But there are no secrets from the FCC, who would have to approve this.
> The FCC does not conduct secret proceedings.
Who told you that? Phil Kane? The name Phil is how the aliens recognize
each other. Except for the secret ones who use other names. See how it
all fits together!
phil

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 2:23:53 PM3/30/07
In article <3pcPh.4294$Kd3....@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
Phil Keller <p-ke...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Who told you that? Phil Kane? The name Phil is how the aliens recognize
> each other. Except for the secret ones who use other names. See how it
> all fits together!

But, as I pointed out, it can't use "alien technology" to work reliably.

John Higdon

Mar 30, 2007, 2:26:16 PM3/30/07
In article <xgcPh.4293$Kd3....@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
Phil Keller <p-ke...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> As a well known member of the conspiracy, (I cite as proof my earlier
> email which suggests you are a conspirator, two citations being all the
> proof anyone should need.) you must know that the chip will send the
> information to the nearest cell phone which relay it to the "conspiracy".

That's it! That explains why my Treo 650 crashes so often, and why they
have been trying to get me to upgrade to a Treo 700.

OK...now we're cookin'.

> further proof of your involvement is your use of the "alien spelling" of
> antennae. Gotcha!

That's a symptom of four years of Latin.

George Grapman

Mar 30, 2007, 2:48:14 PM3/30/07
Great thread. A combination of alt.conspiracy and Comedy Central.

John T

Mar 30, 2007, 3:07:21 PM3/30/07
In article <curmudgeon-93301...@news.announcetech.com>,
curmu...@ba-broadcast.com says...

Oooh. That giant "Huh??" was the sound of people under a certain age not
getting it!

(I *did* get it. That says something, I guess.)

JT

leansto...@democrat.com

Mar 30, 2007, 4:30:30 PM3/30/07

ZapChecker?
http://www.zapchecker.com/
They work. Not frequency selective unfortunately.

Message has been deleted

Alan

Mar 31, 2007, 2:11:20 AM3/31/07
In article <curmudgeon-252A1...@news.announcetech.com> John Higdon <curmu...@ba-broadcast.com> writes:
>In article <Xr0Ph.78$w41...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net>,

> Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
>> they will still know what you listen to and when but will not know
>> who you are.
>
>But how does it send the information?

In the same way the GPS trackers on various TV programs report back
where the bad guys are in real time.

Alan

John Higdon

Mar 31, 2007, 2:39:32 AM3/31/07
In article <euku28$e23$1...@news.Stanford.EDU>,
nos...@w6yx.stanford.edu (Alan) wrote:

Ah...I forgot about TV shows. That's important information!

Unknown

Mar 31, 2007, 3:03:09 AM3/31/07
In article <euku28$e23$1...@news.Stanford.EDU>,

Yeah, what *was* that about GPS locators in laptop computers on
"NUMB3RS" tonight, anyway??

Patty

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Mar 31, 2007, 5:13:54 AM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 12:03 am, Patty Winter (pat...@wintertime.com) wrote:
> In article <euku28$e2...@news.Stanford.EDU>,
>
> Alan <nos...@w6yx.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >In article <curmudgeon-252A1C.21392129032...@news.announcetech.com> John

> >Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> writes:
>
> >>But how does it send the information?
>
> > In the same way the GPS trackers on various TV programs report back
> >where the bad guys are in real time.
>
> Yeah, what *was* that about GPS locators in laptop computers on
> "NUMB3RS" tonight, anyway??
>
> Patty

Rental cars too!

nsareject...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2007, 8:23:08 AM3/31/07
On Mar 30, 3:55�am, John Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:
> In article <cz0Ph.3232$YL5.1...@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
>  Mel Lerner <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
> >   A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
>
> To where? What picks it up? What frequency? What is the transmission
> mode? I'm fascinated; clue us in...please!
>
> >    Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the
> > opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> > listeners get mail from hispanic firms. With credit card they have name
> > and addy so flood your mailbox.
>
> How do they get your email address?
>
> >    After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO
> > and suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left
> > on classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
> >    Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret
> > investor in HD.
>
> That's amazing. I'll certainly help you spread the word if it will scare
> people away from the radios!
>
> --
> John Higdon
> +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

We've been emailing about ten HD Radio reporters from various major
newspapers, with various HD Radio articles - this certainly would
scare consumers away, not that they need more help. Please, let me
know, if I can help spread the word - you can email me at
nsareject...@yahoo.com... thanks

Robert A. Staton

Mar 31, 2007, 9:56:40 AM3/31/07

> Hate to tell you "pros" but you do not know everything about radio.
> There is knowledge and then there is secret knowledge.
>
> I can not say any more about this due to patent infringement laws.

GRAVITY WAVES are used to transmit the data. There, now I've said it. I'm
as good as dead!

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Mar 31, 2007, 8:58:29 AM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 5:23 am, nsarejectnsarej...@yahoo.com wrote:

> On Mar 30, 3:55?am, John Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> wrote:
>

> > In article <cz0Ph.3232$YL5.1...@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
> > ?Mel Lerner <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
>
> > > ? A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio

> > To where? What picks it up? What frequency? What is the transmission
> > mode? I'm fascinated; clue us in...please!
>
> > > ? ?Marketing. Listen to classical and you will get email for the

> > > opera.Listen to KNBR and teams try to sell tickets. Mexican station
> > > listeners get mail from hispanic firms. With credit card they have name
> > > and addy so flood your mailbox.
>
> > How do they get your email address?
>
> > > ? ?After i got HD radio a forgot to turn it off one day. It was on KGO

> > > and suddenly gor mail for mag subscription. Tried it another time left
> > > on classical. Got mail from museums and theatres.
> > > ? ?Talked to guy at store who admitted it. Said Arbitron is secret

> > > investor in HD.
>
> > That's amazing. I'll certainly help you spread the word if it will scare
> > people away from the radios!
>
> > --
> > John Higdon
> > +1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
>
> We've been emailing about ten HD Radio reporters from various major
> newspapers, with various HD Radio articles - this certainly would
> scare consumers away, not that they need more help. Please, let me
> know, if I can help spread the word - you can email me at
> nsarejectnsarej...@yahoo.com... thanks

Just tell 'em it was created by Hugo Chavez and his minions to disrupt
the US way of life and it tears a big hole in space-time to send these
messages, leading to our collapse into fifty plus unstable parallel
universes, rots teeth quickly and drives less stable listeners to use
methamphetamine. It's a menace to the free world as well as the
enslaved.

Charles Newman

Mar 31, 2007, 7:54:12 PM3/31/07

"Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message
> John Higdon wrote:
> > In article <3g0Ph.3229$YL5....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
> > Mel Lerner <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote:
> >
> >> It has chip inside that monitors what you listen to. If you buy one
> >> pay cash otherwise record matches chip. There is a reason Arbitron
> >> financed it.
> >
> > And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
> > sneak into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a
> > secret radio transmission?

> A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio

Well, I am sure that someone will eventually
come up with a jammer that will prevent the
chip from sending any information back. They
already have them to prevent GPS tracking
devices from sending back their information,
so why not a jammer to prevent the chip in
your HD Radio from sending information
on your listening habits back?

John Higdon

Mar 31, 2007, 8:25:41 PM3/31/07
In article <qJSdnQX4U441aZPb...@comcast.com>,
radio.net> wrote:

> Well, I am sure that someone will eventually
> come up with a jammer that will prevent the
> chip from sending any information back. They
> already have them to prevent GPS tracking
> devices from sending back their information,
> so why not a jammer to prevent the chip in
> your HD Radio from sending information
> on your listening habits back?

I didn't know they had a gravity wave jammer.

George Grapman

Mar 31, 2007, 9:00:47 PM3/31/07
Look like Chuckie is replying to himself.

David Eduardo

Mar 31, 2007, 10:06:29 PM3/31/07

wrote in message news:qJSdnQX4U441aZPb...@comcast.com...

> "Mel Lerner" <mle...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message
>> John Higdon wrote:

>> > And how does it get this information back to Arbitron? Does someone
>> > sneak into your house every night and swap out the chip? Is there a
>> > secret radio transmission?
>>

>> A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
>
> Well, I am sure that someone will eventually
> come up with a jammer that will prevent the
> chip from sending any information back.

Covering your head with aluminum foil will definitely help, but it is
important to keep the shiny side, which is reflective, on the outside.
Otherwise, the dull side will cause the electrons to be captured in its
rough surface, generating heat, and will cook you to death.

leansto...@democrat.com

Mar 31, 2007, 10:12:01 PM3/31/07
On Mar 31, 7:06 pm, "David Eduardo" <amda...@pacbell.com> wrote:
> "Charles Newman"
> <c...@backtalkradio.spammers.will.hung.by.the.neck.until.dead.backtalkradio.net>
> wrote in messagenews:qJSdnQX4U441aZPb...@comcast.com...
>

> > "Mel Lerner" <mler...@palpubtelex.com> wrote in message

> >> A chip in the radio transmits info unique to your radio
>
> > Well, I am sure that someone will eventually
> > come up with a jammer that will prevent the
> > chip from sending any information back.
>
> Covering your head with aluminum foil will definitely help, but it is
> important to keep the shiny side, which is reflective, on the outside.
> Otherwise, the dull side will cause the electrons to be captured in its
> rough surface, generating heat, and will cook you to death.

You realize MIT did a study that shows that foil over your head
increases the signal delivered to your brain. The foil hat is a
government plot.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

George Grapman

Mar 31, 2007, 10:52:19 PM3/31/07
Many years ago I knew a New York cop. He told me once about dealing
with crackpots. If someone called up the precinct to complain about
radio waves they world be tole: just do what we do at the station and
what I do at home, cover the windows with foil and you will be fine"
About 20 years later I saw a similar script on a tv show.

George Grapman

Mar 31, 2007, 10:59:12 PM3/31/07
Woodbine Race Track in Canada equips each horse with a transmitting
device that allows their relative positions to be seen as colored dots
on the bottom of the screen corresponding to the saddle numbers on each
horse. Much faster,more complete and accurate than someone in the video
department overlaying the names and numbers of the leaders.Also very
helpful in a large field where horses are bunched together and you can
not hear the announcer.
By the way, Bay Meadows has a rewards card which registers every
visit to the track and tracks all my wagers on local races. "They" know
I lost money today.(actually they say they only record the amount
wagered but we know how "they" lie about things like this.) In addition
my internet wagering account carries a record of every wager,deposit and
withdrawal over the last 60 days. "They" know everything.

Steven (I got a header to paraphrase Jim Croce)

Apr 1, 2007, 3:34:58 AM4/1/07
On Mar 31, 12:03 am, Patty Winter (pat...@wintertime.com) wrote:
> In article <euku28$e2...@news.Stanford.EDU>,
>
> Alan <nos...@w6yx.stanford.edu> wrote:
> >In article <curmudgeon-252A1C.21392129032...@news.announcetech.com> John

> >Higdon <curmudg...@ba-broadcast.com> writes:
>
> >>But how does it send the information?
>
> > In the same way the GPS trackers on various TV programs report back
> >where the bad guys are in real time.
>
> Yeah, what *was* that about GPS locators in laptop computers on
> "NUMB3RS" tonight, anyway??
>
> Patty

I love how any rag-tag bunch of low-rent cops always have better than
NSA gear and instant DNA analysis, then can tell you what poisoned
Laura by the changes in the nail polish above the cuticles. No wonder
Holmes must have committed suicide.

Don't do the crime if they'll try you in prime time (DON'T DO IT)

Phil Kane

Apr 1, 2007, 4:16:07 PM4/1/07
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 02:52:19 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote:

> Many years ago I knew a New York cop. He told me once about dealing
>with crackpots. If someone called up the precinct to complain about
>radio waves they world be tole: just do what we do at the station and
>what I do at home, cover the windows with foil and you will be fine"

He was giving bad advice. New York cops are so dumb.

In SF, they would have been told to call the FCC because it was a
Federal matter. At the FCC they were offered two solutions: use
foil, or get a length of metal chain, wrap it around your waist. and
let the free end drag on the floor. Both solutions worked equally
well.

These people are not crackpots - they are perfectly adjusted to their
own world. It's the outside world that they can't deal with, ... <g>
--
Phil Kane
Beaverton, OR

Phil Kane

Apr 1, 2007, 4:18:32 PM4/1/07
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 02:59:12 GMT, George Grapman
<sfge...@paccbell.net> wrote:

> In addition
>my internet wagering account carries a record of every wager,deposit and
>withdrawal over the last 60 days. "They" know everything.

Just like my late father's bookie......(may they both rest in peace)

George Grapman

Apr 1, 2007, 4:25:41 PM4/1/07

Except I doubt if the bookie bothered with the IRS reporting requirements.