Los Gatos cyclist killed

danme...@yahoo.com

Feb 29, 2008, 1:32:08 PM2/29/08
http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0756

Other papers report that a minivan ran a red light. Photos in the
above link show severe damage to the van. The face of the minivan
driver and the license plate seems to be fuzzed out in one image.

This stuff is scary but I suppose you could get killed this way in a
car too.

sally

Feb 29, 2008, 1:52:04 PM2/29/08
danme...@yahoo.com wrote in news:d5e3c87d-b8ca-425a-a0cd-
e1115d...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0756
>
> Other papers report that a minivan ran a red light. Photos in the
> above link show severe damage to the van. The face of the minivan
> driver and the license plate seems to be fuzzed out in one image.

Which papers report that the minivan ran the red light? I'm just trying to
understand the facts. Thanks.

Murali

Feb 29, 2008, 6:59:41 PM2/29/08
On Feb 29, 10:52 am, sally <sa...@sally.com> wrote:
> danmerr...@yahoo.com wrote in news:d5e3c87d-b8ca-425a-a0cd-
> e1115d485...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> >http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0756
>
> > Other papers report that a minivan ran a red light. Photos in the
> > above link show severe damage to the van. The face of the minivan
> > driver and the license plate seems to be fuzzed out in one image.
>
> Which papers report that the minivan ran the red light? I'm just trying to
> understand the facts. Thanks.

The Mercury News reported that the CYCLIST ran the red light.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_8405426

Jym Dyer

Mar 1, 2008, 2:58:43 AM3/1/08
> The Mercury News reported that the CYCLIST ran the red light.

=v= Indeed they did. However, they also reported that the
police are seeking witnesses to the collision, which indicates
that the investigation is ongoing. So the police should *not*
be claming one thing or another, nor should the _Mercury_News_
be printing unfounded conclusions.
<_Jym_>

danme...@yahoo.com

Mar 1, 2008, 4:56:08 AM3/1/08
On Feb 29, 10:52 am, sally <sa...@sally.com> wrote:
> danmerr...@yahoo.com wrote in news:d5e3c87d-b8ca-425a-a0cd-
> e1115d485...@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
>
> >http://losgatosobserver.com/los-gatos/Article.php?article_id=0756
>
> > Other papers report that a minivan ran a red light. Photos in the
> > above link show severe damage to the van. The face of the minivan
> > driver and the license plate seems to be fuzzed out in one image.
>
> Which papers report that the minivan ran the red light?  I'm just trying to
> understand the facts.  Thanks.

I misquoted, as everyone seems to have figured out. Mercury News sez:
"Investigators say Hale was hit by the van after entering the
intersection against a red light"

Dan Connelly

Mar 1, 2008, 8:41:39 AM3/1/08

I fully agree.

In contrast, CBS reports:
<http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=VICTIM-BICYCLE>
The preliminary investigation of the crash indicates that Hale may have
entered the intersection on his bicycle against a red light and was
subsequently struck by a van driven by Los Gatos resident Beth Grime
who was proceeding southbound on Los Gatos Boulevard.

Well, I'm not sure what "may have" means. The driver "may have" intentionally
run Hale down, too. But it's better than the Mercury. Sloppy reporting from
the Merc. I'm shocked.

danme...@yahoo.com

Mar 1, 2008, 5:36:42 PM3/1/08
On Mar 1, 5:41 am, Dan Connelly <d_j_c_o_n_n_e_l@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m>