IED on Central Expressway

gordon....@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2010, 1:49:30 PM7/8/10
It was like venturing outside the Green Zone last night, on my commute
home at 7 PM. Westbound on Central Expressway just before Lawrence I
heard a whoosh and a splat. A water balloon burst to my right.

Just as I was congratulating myself on evading the attack of the
Improvised, Errant Device, a van passed me with it's windshield washer
running, giving me a small drink from its fluid reservoir.

It was just a few drops, and I was congratulating myself on not
getting hit, staring into the setting sun, when I whacked a low tree
branch.

Be careful out there.