SkinExtrude clipping/culling

savagelook

Sep 28, 2010, 9:00:50 AM9/28/10
to Away3D.dev
Anybody know why whenever I drop my subdivision size below 20 with
SkinExtrude I start losing triangle off the mesh? I've already tested
FrustumClipping and positioning the camera much further away. It
seems to be a limitation of the SkinExtrude or something, but I don't
know the math well enough to troubleshoot it. Ideas?

Vishwas Gagrani

Sep 28, 2010, 10:44:49 AM9/28/10
to away3...@googlegroups.com
not aware about away3d, but in papervision , these two lines help to
avoid clipping.

camera.useCulling = true;
renderer.clipping = new FrustumClipping(FrustumClipping.NEAR);

savagelook

Sep 28, 2010, 1:04:17 PM9/28/10
to Away3D.dev
Like I said, I don't think its a scene/view clipping problem since
moving the camera and trying to use FrustumClipping didn't help at
all.

On Sep 28, 10:44 am, Vishwas Gagrani <vishwas.gagr...@gmail.com>

savagelook

Sep 30, 2010, 9:50:36 AM9/30/10
to Away3D.dev
no takers?

John Brookes

Sep 30, 2010, 12:02:37 PM9/30/10
to away3...@googlegroups.com
No idea, but when its on 20 I lose the corner face and in your class you have

  removeFace(this.faces[0]);
  removeFace(this.faces[1]);

Would be my first "guess".

savagelook

Sep 30, 2010, 1:57:32 PM9/30/10
to Away3D.dev
I'll fix that when I get home, but if it was a problem it should occur
regardless of subdivision size, shouldn't it?