Error #3663: Sampler 0 binds an undefined texture

Vamsi

Jul 25, 2011, 10:34:35 PM7/25/11
to Away3D.dev
I'm working with some 3ds models. I am loading these into a scene.
These models loaded fine using broomstick (from SVN) and molehill
incubator build.

Updated to latest broomstick codebase and got 11beta (Debugger on IE)
installed. I get my app crashed with following error trying to render
Error #3663: Sampler 0 binds an undefined texture

I am sure of having the textures referred by 3ds model in right
location. Can someone help me figure out problem?

Vamsi

Vamsi

Jul 26, 2011, 3:30:19 PM7/26/11
to Away3D.dev
On further testing this found to be an issue with debugging version of
molehill. On installing release version of molehill, my app works with
no crash and all models are loaded with textures.

With debugging build the problem still occurs in MaterialPassBase
class's render function's call, context.drawTriangles (from
playerglobal.swc). I'm using latest playerglobal from molehill beta
site.

Can someone help me please. I'm unable to debug my app. This is a
problem with all debugging versions of molehill on IE, FF, Mac.

Vamsi

richardolsson

Jul 27, 2011, 9:22:57 AM7/27/11
to Away3D.dev
Make sure that you get your Away3D code from GitHub (which always
hosts the most recent version) and that you use the fp11 repository
for the public beta of FP11, or the broomstick repository for the
incubator version of FP11.

The public beta of FP11 has both release (32 and 64 bit) and debugger
versions available.

Cheers
/R

Vamsi

Jul 27, 2011, 3:08:47 PM7/27/11
to Away3D.dev
Richard,

Thank you for the reply. I got away3D code from Github 1day ago. And
I'm using 32 bit version of molehill beta.

I started getting this problem only with debug version of molehill
beta using latest away3d beta codebase (and latest playerglobal).

I don't see this problem with non-debug molehill beta build with same
code base.
Also, this problem doesn't exist with broomstick version. I can run
with incubator build(debug version) without a problem.

Tried on different machines and browsers with same result (problem).

Vamsi

lefroy tom

Jul 27, 2011, 9:49:23 PM7/27/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com
i had same problem some days ago,

i think you must load 3ds file format.So,i suggest you clear up the
3ds's texture and material infomation ,and do below steps in 3dMax :

1. Open "Maxscript Listener" by click F11;
2. Copy the Max Script "for i in selection do try i.material =
undefined catch()" in there;
3. Choose it,and push "Shift + Enter" to run the scripte;

And then,the 3ds should be given the texture again,i hope it works.

richardolsson

Jul 28, 2011, 9:37:18 AM7/28/11
to Away3D.dev
@Vamsi:
Can you send me your code and/or your model files?

Cheers
/R

Vamsi

Jul 28, 2011, 5:02:59 PM7/28/11
to Away3D.dev
Richard,

Sure, This is part of huge codebase. I will separate this out and send
to you.

@Tom, I will try your suggestion. Thank you for reply

Vamsi

hemgui

Aug 19, 2011, 6:07:43 AM8/19/11
to Away3D.dev
Hi Vamsi

Any news on this issue. I have the same problem with my 3ds models
(http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/444/)

Guillaume