[Away3d] Explode bug when unique meshes false, temp fix inside

Stephen Hopkins

Aug 16, 2010, 8:25:51 PM8/16/10
to Away3D.dev
I've been trying to get the explode class to work with unique meshes
turned off. I cannot move the vertices after exploding an object. They
actually change their values but do not update on the view and I think
I found the problem is that the geometry is not set in the new
vertices of the exploded mesh. If you add the lines below in Explode
class, It works.
//Explode.as lines 86-95
for(i=0;i<loop;++i){
face = obj.faces[i];
va = new Vertex(face.v0.x, face.v0.y, face.v0.z);
vb = new Vertex(face.v1.x, face.v1.y, face.v1.z);
vc = new Vertex(face.v2.x, face.v2.y, face.v2.z);
v.push(va, vb, vc);
va.geometry = obj.geometry; //new code
vb.geometry = obj.geometry; // new code
vc.geometry = obj.geometry; //new code
}

I've recently posted 2 other bugs in the issue section. Would be
helpful if someone could tell me whats going on with Sprite3D and
WireColorMaterials. The other bug isn't that important but just a
little annoying that I have to have something visible in the scene for
the fog filter to not crash the player (thats how it seems).

Hope this helps anyone. I am going to be making a SphereTree collision
demo with source code later. Might be helpful for people making games.