ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable _init is not defined.

Manic

Jul 22, 2011, 6:05:41 AM7/22/11
to Away3D.dev
I've been trying to convert an old project to the latest Away3D using
Flex SDK 4.5.1.21328.

I've managed to adapt everything so I'm getting no compilation errors,
however I get the following trace when I try to run my project;

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable _init is not defined.
at away3d.core.utils::Init/getString()[/away3d/trunk/fp10/Away3D/src/
away3d/core/utils/Init.as:99]
at away3d.core.base::Object3D()[/away3d/trunk/fp10/Away3D/src/away3d/
core/base/Object3D.as:1457]
at away3d.core.base::Mesh()[/away3d/trunk/fp10/Away3D/src/away3d/core/
base/Mesh.as:394]
at away3d.containers::ObjectContainer3D()[/away3d/trunk/fp10/Away3D/
src/away3d/containers/ObjectContainer3D.as:201]
at away3d.containers::Scene3D()[/away3d/trunk/fp10/Away3D/src/away3d/
containers/Scene3D.as:152]
at UCPeopleNew/setupScene()[/Users/10thplanet/Desktop/ucpeoplenew/
UCPeopleNew.as:630]
at UCPeopleNew()[/Users/10thplanet/Desktop/ucpeoplenew/UCPeopleNew.as:
135]

I've tried various different setup methods (not setting up a scene
before sending it to a new View3D obj etc), but I get the same main
error, it just changes whether it errors on getString or getBoolean or
similar.

I've done a bit of searching and there's some talk of this problem a
while back, with the solution of going back to the zip download
version. I figured if there was a problem it would have been fixed by
now. Do I need to go back to another version to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
Martin

Manic

Jul 22, 2011, 6:09:50 AM7/22/11
to Away3D.dev
Sorry, should say that I'm using FP10, not the new Broomstick.

Manic

Jul 22, 2011, 8:22:04 AM7/22/11
to Away3D.dev
Just to confirm, I solved the problem by rolling back to the ZIP
download version.

I am now getting a problem with getting the width of a MovieMaterial,
but I think that's due to the object being created as hidden, I think
it's a bug, but one that I can work around.

ChrisFingaz

Aug 29, 2011, 9:22:43 AM8/29/11
to Away3D.dev
I had this problem when running Away3D 3.6 in Flashbuilder 4.5 with
the latest Flex SDK.

If I went into the properties for the project and changed it to
publishing for FlashPlayer 10.1 and a Flex SDK 4 or lower it compiled
fine.

Going to assume this is updated in Away3D 4 but haven't checked it out
yet.

hsxiaomayi

Aug 31, 2011, 9:40:37 AM8/31/11
to away3...@googlegroups.com

Use the flex4.0sdk to publish fp10,i had the same pl

Rob Bateman

Sep 13, 2011, 8:01:23 AM9/13/11
to Away3D.dev
This issue has had a patch uploaded to github that should fix the
problem. Please let me know if it works!

cheers

Rob