Sprite3D and Fustrum Clipping

xcx

Mar 24, 2011, 4:55:50 AM3/24/11
to Away3D.dev
I need particles for my demo and I would like to render particles with
sprites. However I also need Fustrum Clipping and sprites are gone if
I turn clipping on. However there is work around by turning
objectCulling off, but this cause some problems with clipping.

In this example I have turn objectCulling off so sprites are rendered,
but submarine now has some clipping problems.
http://www.verajankorva.com/liquid/code/build006b/code/build006/bin/Liquid.swf

Any ways to get those sprites working with clipping?

Stephen Hopkins

Mar 24, 2011, 5:44:15 AM3/24/11
to Away3D.dev
I had clipping/Sprite3D problems on a particular project many months
ago and I don't think I ever found a solution. No one responded to my
post either except you about 9 months later :( Sprite3Ds also had/have
an interesting behavior with wireColor materials in that the sprite
square will get a wire outline if it is visibly in front of a
wireframe material mesh.

Actually to be perfectly honest, a lot of my posts here have no
replies and the only accepted bugs are ones that the away3d developers
posted. I know they are busy and everything, but I wouldn't mind going
through the bug reports and at least confirming them. I am not saying
that I would know how to fix them though.

I wish Away3D had an actual forum rather than this mailing list thing
so we could at least tell if people read the posts...
http://groups.google.com/group/away3d-dev/browse_thread/thread/1fed012dafd7cbf/082ce98ae4fc979f?lnk=gst&q=camera+lookAt+0#082ce98ae4fc979f
http://groups.google.com/group/away3d-dev/browse_thread/thread/097f7f439a321873

On Mar 24, 1:55 am, xcx <x...@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> I need particles for my demo and I would like to render particles with
> sprites. However I also need Fustrum Clipping and sprites are gone if
> I turn clipping on. However there is work around by turning
> objectCulling off, but this cause some problems with clipping.
>
> In this example I have turn objectCulling off so sprites are rendered,
> but submarine now has some clipping problems.http://www.verajankorva.com/liquid/code/build006b/code/build006/bin/L...

xcx

Mar 24, 2011, 6:43:43 AM3/24/11
to Away3D.dev
I agree, mailing list isn't very nice to use, I would also prefer
forum as well.