Automapper and Mono

jd

May 30, 2011, 8:59:29 AM5/30/11
to AutoMapper-users
Hi all,

Does automapper support mono? I am wanting to use it in a project
which will be run under mono.

MoMA advises the following:

Calling Method Method with [MonoTodo] Reason
void .ctor (string, string, string) bool EventLog.SourceExists
(string, string) remote machine is not supported
void .ctor (string, string, string) void EventLog.CreateEventSource
(EventSourceCreationData) remote machine is not supported

I notice on the main page that the 'next major release' aims to
include mono compatibility, how far away are we and how can I
contribute to help get there?

Thanks,

James

James Darbyshire

May 30, 2011, 9:03:54 AM5/30/11
to AutoMapper-users
I have successfully run this under Mac OSX with Mono 2.10 using .NET 4 profile and a simple mapping works.

Please advise of any pitfalls in using this under mono.
--
Regards,

James Darbyshire
jamesda...@gmail.com

Jimmy Bogard

Jun 8, 2011, 9:05:59 AM6/8/11
to automapp...@googlegroups.com
You could try running the tests, perhaps?

Honestly, to help, I just need folks to 1) tell me what doesn't work and 2) figure out how the best way to actually support this in the codebase would be.