Registering Generic Interface to Closing Types

Keith

Dec 15, 2009, 10:52:16 AM12/15/09
to Autofac
Is it possible to register a generic interface so that it will
automatically wire up to its closing types. For example, in
StructureMap, you can do this:

Scan(x =>
{
x.ConnectImplementationsToTypesClosing(typeof
(IScreen<>));
});

This basically scans the assembly and wires up all closed types to the
Open Generic so if I have this:

public class TestScreen : IScreen<Test>

it would automatically give me TestScreen when I request IScreen<Test>

Nicholas Blumhardt

Dec 16, 2009, 4:25:51 PM12/16/09
to aut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,

We don't have anything exactly equivalent, but Autofac2's RegisterAssemblyTypes() could be used as a basis for implementing it without too much work.

Cheers,
Nick

Alex Meyer-Gleaves

Dec 20, 2009, 4:42:04 AM12/20/09
to Autofac
Hi Keith,

I decided to take a look at this and wrote a blog post about it. It
covers handling the scenario you described.

http://alexmg.com/post/2009/12/19/Registering-open-generic-interface-types-in-Autofac.aspx

Cheers,

Alex.