Why won't this getsetting code work?

Chuck Gabriel

Aug 28, 2002, 3:42:33 PM8/28/02
I believe GetSetting can only retrieve values from subkeys of
KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings. There are API calls
for more general registry access. Unfortunately, I don't have any
experience with them. I'm sure you could find something if you searched
through past posts, though.

Chuck

"Loki" <jo...@commodorehomes.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to retrieve the default plotter setting from the registry
as follows...
> Pltr1 = GetSetting("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk",
"AutoCAD\R15.0\ACAD-1:409\Profiles\commodore\General", "DefaultConfig",
"NUTTIN")

> I can not get it to return "HP5P" which is the value of that key. It only
returns "NUTTIN" (or "" if getsetting default is removed). What am I doing
wrong?

> P.S. I am a VBA Virgin so be gentle with me!
> John

Robert Farrell

Aug 28, 2002, 7:24:37 PM8/28/02
Same problem with a compile error: