Audio Files Voice of Peace

keitha

Apr 29, 2007, 1:26:40 PM4/29/07
to australia.radio.broadcast.moderated
Hi all,

today, it's Abie's 80th birthday.

You might send your birthday wishes to Noam Tal who is taking care of
Abie:

noa...@post.tau.ac.il

By the way Gil Katzir reported yesterday:

--------------------

I'm not sure whether you know , but tomorrow - Sunday, 29/4 , it's
Abie's 80th birthday, and "Radius 100fm" (local radio station,
located
in Rosh haayin- about 15 miles north- east to Tel Aviv), will
celebrate
the event by having a special "V.o.p day"... on 100 fm...of course.
All day long- 07:00 am till 06:00 pm, the station will broadcast the
original programs format, used on the v.o.p,with participation of
some
v.o.p names: Tim Sheperd , Steve Williams, Jimmy jonson, Gad Biton,
Yakir Aviv, Ruven Levi, Ofer Nachshon and myself.
Among the programes tomorrow: The breakfast show ,All time greatest
hits
,Drive time ,Twilight time...
Here is the station address on the web, on the front page just click
on
"Live radio".

http://www.100fm.co.il

--------------------

And here are some downloads for you all:

Voice of Peace - History until 1978
http://www.offshore-radio.de/Sounds/VoP-history1978.mp3

Voice of Peace - Don Stevens - summer 1995 (studio recordings)
http://www.offshore-radio.de/Sounds/VoP-DonStevens-summer1985.mp3

John MacDonald (ex-Voice of Peace) in discussion with Hans Knot
http://www.offshore-radio.de/temp/SunnyGovanRadio-JohnMcDonald-HansKnot-27thApril2007.mp3

VoP - Spring1977 - 1800-1930 - Tony Mandell
http://rapidshare.com/files/23853725/VoP-Spring1977-1800-1930-TonyMandell.mp3.html

VoP - 3rdJuly1985 - 1500-1545 - Keith York
http://rapidshare.com/files/23848577/VoP-3rdJuly1985-1500-1545-KeithYork.mp3.html

VoP - 3rdJuly1985 - 1200-1245 - Sally Kahn
http://rapidshare.com/files/23844550/VoP-3rdJuly1985-1200-1245-SallyKahn.mp3.html

Enjoy

Martin

--

Dr. Martin van der Ven
Meppen/Germany

vand...@offshore-radio.de

The Offshore Radio Guide
http://www.offshore-radio.de

Radio Day in Amsterdam
http://www.offshore-radio.de/radioday/

---------------------------------

Message Sent

Abe may you have a special day
you mirror all our hopes

Happy Birthday !!!

Keith Ashton
Sydney Australia

Isaw

May 3, 2007, 2:23:39 PM5/3/07

On Apr 30, 3:26 am, keitha <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today, it's Abie's 80th birthday.
>
> You might send your birthday wishes to Noam Tal who is taking care of
> Abie:
>

> noam...@post.tau.ac.il

> By the way Gil Katzir reported yesterday:

Hi All,

Don't know if you received the original message from yesterday, so I
am resending it

Some articles about Abie's 80th birthday - some in Hebrew I'm afraid.
But one has a video in it (also in Hebrew!)

As you can see, there is a new "VOP CD" that has been released, with
the best of the songs played on the station, plus some rare
recordings.

All the best

Mike

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3393735,00.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3393527,00.html

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/spages/853584.html

Mike Brand

Producer and Presenter

RAM FM

Mobile : 972-50-7363191

m...@bezeqint.net

93.6 RAMFM
Middle East Eyewitness News on the all new 93.6 RAM FM provides fast,
accurate and balanced news. We have an editorial code of conduct that
guarantees all ...
www.ramfm.net/

> --------------------
>
> I'm not sure whether you know , but tomorrow - Sunday, 29/4 , it's
> Abie's 80th birthday, and "Radius 100fm" (local radio station,
> located
> in Rosh haayin- about 15 miles north- east to Tel Aviv), will
> celebrate
> the event by having a special "V.o.p day"... on 100 fm...of course.
> All day long- 07:00 am till 06:00 pm, the station will broadcast the
> original programs format, used on the v.o.p,with participation of
> some
> v.o.p names: Tim Sheperd , Steve Williams, Jimmy jonson, Gad Biton,
> Yakir Aviv, Ruven Levi, Ofer Nachshon and myself.
> Among the programes tomorrow: The breakfast show ,All time greatest
> hits
> ,Drive time ,Twilight time...
> Here is the station address on the web, on the front page just click
> on
> "Live radio".
>
> http://www.100fm.co.il
>
> --------------------
>
> And here are some downloads for you all:
>

> Voice of Peace - History until 1978http://www.offshore-radio.de/Sounds/VoP-history1978.mp3
>
> Voice of Peace - Don Stevens - summer 1995 (studio recordings)http://www.offshore-radio.de/Sounds/VoP-DonStevens-summer1985.mp3
>
> John MacDonald (ex-Voice of Peace) in discussion with Hans Knothttp://www.offshore-radio.de/temp/SunnyGovanRadio-JohnMcDonald-HansKn...
>
> VoP - Spring1977 - 1800-1930 - Tony Mandellhttp://rapidshare.com/files/23853725/VoP-Spring1977-1800-1930-TonyMan...
>
> VoP - 3rdJuly1985 - 1500-1545 - Keith Yorkhttp://rapidshare.com/files/23848577/VoP-3rdJuly1985-1500-1545-KeithY...
>
> VoP - 3rdJuly1985 - 1200-1245 - Sally Kahnhttp://rapidshare.com/files/23844550/VoP-3rdJuly1985-1200-1245-SallyK...

> Enjoy
>
> Martin
>
> --
>
> Dr. Martin van der Ven
> Meppen/Germany
>

> vander...@offshore-radio.de
>
> The Offshore Radio Guidehttp://www.offshore-radio.de
>
> Radio Day in Amsterdamhttp://www.offshore-radio.de/radioday/

Scoop

May 17, 2007, 12:02:52 PM5/17/07

On May 4, 4:23 am, Isaw <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 3:26 am, keitha <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > today, it's Abie's 80th birthday.
>
> > You might send your birthday wishes to Noam Tal who is taking care of
> > Abie:

Visit

http://aussieseek.proboards25.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=mediaradiotvpresswww&thread=1154115273&page=1

> >VoiceofPeace- Don Stevens - summer 1995 (studio recordings)http://www.offshore-radio.de/Sounds/VoP-DonStevens-summer1985.mp3
>
> > John MacDonald (ex-VoiceofPeace) in discussion with Hans Knothttp://www.offshore-radio.de/temp/SunnyGovanRadio-JohnMcDonald-HansKn...

moderator

May 17, 2007, 12:22:39 PM5/17/07

On May 18, 2:02 am, Scoop <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 4:23 am, Isaw <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 30, 3:26 am, keitha <nswa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
>
> > > today, it's Abie's 80th birthday.
>
> > > You might send your birthday wishes to Noam Tal who is taking care of
> > > Abie:

Keith - good to read your news. I well remember the "Good Guys" format
at 2SM (Santa Maria): it was a new and exciting sound for us all. As
well as yourself (brilliant and a role model) there was Mad Mel and
the

Duchess of Kerosene and I think Ward Austin. Or was that another
network
in another country or just the now-defunct 2UW? Back then I was at
2GB,
the "Voice of Sydney", with Andrea and Terry Dear and John Pearce and
Pussy & Charlie making the Mavis Bramston Show in the Philip Street
Macquarie Theater, with John Martin at brekkie, and for a while in the
mornings John Laws (whatever did happen to him?) who used to try to
piss
off the newsroom guys, me included, by stunts like setting fire to the
news scripts while we were reading them.

And there was the nationally famous network presenter that took a
great

pleasure in horsing about during the network news by laying his
schlong

on the four-key gong we used to signal station breaks ("This is
Macquarie News..." hit the gong) until we saw him off by striking the
offending (rather small) part vigorously with the gong stick!

And now it's all different, and probably better, and we all moved on
and
did other stuff, and now I live back in NZ where I came from and am
opening my own radio station to play what I like and bugger the
consequences.

Which is not so different from the way we were back then, playing our
own stuff and making our own music: and what joy: the other day
National
Radio featured one of my own songs from way back then, apparently it's
been reissued on a CD called "Get a Haircut", so the world and his dog
and his grilfriend can once again appreciate the joys of Clyde Scott
in

the Gravedigger's Rock.

Hmmm..

I think I should get out more.