Machine Screw 12/5@Electric Lounge

Michael Bourland

Dec 3, 1994, 2:18:14 PM12/3/94
Machine Screw, easily one of the most outrageous bands you'll ever
wittness is playing at the Electric Lounge Monday night 12/5/94. Stress
Management along with Eden.Com/Adhesive Media will be doing a live
CU-SeeMe feed from the Electric Lounge. So if you have CU-SEEME tune in
Monday night to eden.com. If u don't have CU-SEEME, come down to the
show and see what the buzz is all about. Machine Screw is rockin tribal
funk and the show borders some sort of pegan ritual complete with almost
nude dancers, and even guy in a plexiglass box grinding a wheel and
sending sparks flying. Also, a viewing box will be available thru the
good guys at INET TV so that you can see what poeple around the world are
seeing with CUSEEME.

Cheers,
Greystoke (Psychadelic-Cyber-Honky-Punk)

wondrboy

Dec 5, 1994, 5:03:29 AM12/5/94
Michael Bourland (grey...@freeside.fc.net) wrote:
: Machine Screw, easily one of the most outrageous bands you'll ever

: Cheers,
: Greystoke (Psychadelic-Cyber-Honky-Punk)

"some sort of pegan ritual..."

Sounds like a load of bullshit.

How can you be a psychedelic punk?

OUTLAW DRUM JAMS
--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Viva Los SkinHeads NorteAmericanos!!!!!

Ray Shea

Dec 5, 1994, 11:13:23 AM12/5/94
In article <3buohh$c...@boris.eden.com> wond...@eden.com (wondrboy) writes:

> How can you be a psychedelic punk?

Some Butthole Surfers shows of yesteryear spring to mind...

--
Ray Shea || sister mary deliver us from flat tires
DoD #372 : '88 Hawk NT650 || sister mary deliver us from loose gravel

Jay Bedsole

Dec 6, 1994, 9:28:51 AM12/6/94
In article <3buohh$c...@boris.eden.com>, wond...@eden.com (wondrboy) wrote:

> Sounds like a load of bullshit.
>
> How can you be a psychedelic punk?

That's Honky Punk, you hockey puck...

Ray Shea

Dec 6, 1994, 4:03:11 PM12/6/94

I went down to the Electric Lounge last night, mostly because some friends
of mine were in the opening band.

Machine Screw struck me as basically a buncha Spin Doctors fans trying to
do the Crash Worship drum ritual thing and missing the point completely.
Cyberhippies. Fuck 'em.

Funniest part of the night was one of the local newscasters (Claire Radecky
or Wendy Erickson, I can never tell them apart) rushing down because she
heard the word "Internet" and thought there was a big story to cover. She
spent most of the night wandering around looking confused.

Oh well. Two people bought me beers, so I actually profited from the deal.

--
Ray Shea || "Those who profess to favor freedom and yet
DoD #372 : '88 Hawk NT650 || deprecate agitation, are men who want

Bob

Dec 7, 1994, 12:08:00 PM12/7/94

On 6 Dec 1994, Ray Shea wrote:
<snip>

> Machine Screw struck me as basically a buncha Spin Doctors fans trying to
> do the Crash Worship drum ritual thing and missing the point completely.
> Cyberhippies. Fuck 'em.

<snip>

> Oh well. Two people bought me beers, so I actually profited from the deal.

Somebody must have slipped something in one of those beers.

I had a really hard time discerning the first band from the second except
that the second band (Machine Screw) had a lot of overblown hulabaloo
happening. ????Spin Doctors???? Not even remotely close. Not by a long
shot. Machine Screw was just Disgruntled Peasant with a healthier dose of
pretention.
Maybe they (machinescrew) were trying to rip off early Psychic TV or
something. ???Spin Doctors??? I hope that bad acid has worn off, Ray.

And the only thing "cyber" about those hippies was the two guys with
computers in the other room... and they weren't even part of the band.
(I guess "cyberhippy" is the buzzword of the week)

(I actually went to see if the computer-CUSEEME deal would really work-
which it kinda did...)

Anybody else puke from all the damn sage smoke?

Michael Bourland

Dec 8, 1994, 1:05:27 AM12/8/94
Hey Bob,

The sage was heavy but I thought Machine Screw had some King Crimson sounds.
And the tribal beats worked for me. I was to busy making sure the
INET TV terminal we are putting into the Electric Lounge full time
starting Thursday night was working to enjoy the show. When I saw them
at the Black Cat there were more poeple, including Guy Forsyth, and they
all seemed to really dig the show (alot less sage too).

The CU-SeeMe did work as best it can at 28.8. ISDN will improve that.

Later
Greystoke