i hear the chronicle is it

Lanegrit

Jul 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/20/95
can anyone e-mail me the austin chronicles address- sf based alt country
pop
band would like to make our way to your lovely town some time soon we know
we'll need press and i hear this is the rag help me bring my music to you

lane...@aol.com

ps any other info about yer town is appreciated

Jay Patrick Howard

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
Bill Huston (bhu...@eden.com) wrote:

: Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way
: to hot and there's not much to do at night. I've really been
: thinking about moving to Seattle. Now *that's* a happenin' spot!

Gee. I've heard alot of things said about Austin, but never *that*.

Stuart McDow

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95

It's all TRUE. There's NOTHING here. Nothing. It's a VAST waistland.

No one in their right mind would want to move here!!

--
Stuart McDow Applied Research Laboratories
smc...@arlut.utexas.edu The University of Texas at Austin

[[ think that'll work? ]]

BSey

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
In article <3uoh0l$q...@ns1.arlut.utexas.edu>, smc...@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart McDow) says:

>jho...@cs.utexas.edu (Jay Patrick Howard) writes:
>
>It's all TRUE. There's NOTHING here. Nothing. It's a VAST waistland.
> ^^^^^^^^^

Must come from eating too much Mexican food...8-)

BSey

Leo Maurer

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95

Stuart McDow <smc...@arlut.utexas.edu> wrote:
>jho...@cs.utexas.edu (Jay Patrick Howard) writes:
>> Bill Huston (bhu...@eden.com) wrote:
>>
>> : Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way
>> : to hot and there's not much to do at night. I've really been
>> : thinking about moving to Seattle. Now *that's* a happenin' spot!
>>
>> Gee. I've heard alot of things said about Austin, but never *that*.
>
>It's all TRUE. There's NOTHING here. Nothing. It's a VAST waistland.

Yup, it's the land of lots of waists alright. NICE waists!

(Hello Stuart, long time no hear...)

>No one in their right mind would want to move here!!

I know...I hear the Ebola is particularly bad here. Makes me itch
just thinking about it...uh...uh-oh...OH SHIT! I gotta go. Bye...

--
Leo Maurer Home: lma...@eden.com
Web: http://www.eden.com/~lmaurer/

Bill Huston

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95
Lanegrit (lane...@aol.com) wrote:
: can anyone e-mail me the austin chronicles address- sf based alt country

: pop
: band would like to make our way to your lovely town some time soon we know
: we'll need press and i hear this is the rag help me bring my music to you

ma...@auschron.com or http://www.auschron.com . I hope this is what
kind of address you needed. (I've heard there are other types of
address that are slower to use!)

: lane...@aol.com

: ps any other info about yer town is appreciated

Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way

Tomtex2

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
True, true. If you live out of town....don't even consider it. The sun
shines everyday, the water is cold and clear, the food is terrific, and
the music is the soul of the community. I would suggest a rainy, wet
climate.

Eric Leikam

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
>>> : Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way

>>> : to hot and there's not much to do at night. I've really been
>>> : thinking about moving to Seattle. Now *that's* a happenin' spot!
>>>
>>> Gee. I've heard alot of things said about Austin, but never *that*.
>>
>>It's all TRUE. There's NOTHING here. Nothing. It's a VAST waistland.
>
>Yup, it's the land of lots of waists alright. NICE waists!
>

>>No one in their right mind would want to move here!!
>>

>I know...I hear the Ebola is particularly bad here. Makes me itch
>just thinking about it...uh...uh-oh...OH SHIT! I gotta go. Bye...

Try Houston. I hear it's lovely this time of year, especially at night
around Pasadena.

Doorblower

Jul 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/23/95
Don't let the door hit you in the ass...
doorb...@aol.com

Ted Samsel

Jul 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/23/95
Jay Patrick Howard (jho...@cs.utexas.edu) wrote:
: Bill Huston (bhu...@eden.com) wrote:

: : Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way

: : to hot and there's not much to do at night. I've really been
: : thinking about moving to Seattle. Now *that's* a happenin' spot!

: Gee. I've heard alot of things said about Austin, but never *that*.

It's a pit! Especially when cretins move in and jack up the price of
things, forcing people who have lived there for 20-30 years to move
so they can support their families.

Move to Oregon. They really want newcomers there. Especially from Las
Califas. Or Indianawfulous. It's nearly as flat as Lubbock and the home
town of Jim Jones & Charles Manson.

There is no NASCAR in Austin, either. So stay in Chapel Hill. And our
barbecue ain't good.

--
Ted Samsel....tejas@infi.net
"driving a Hudson Hornet on the disinformation triple bypass:

Steven Bradley Burger

Aug 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/2/95
: Lanegrit (lane...@aol.com) wrote:

: Life really sucks here, so no one should move here. It's way
: to hot and there's not much to do at night. I've really been
: thinking about moving to Seattle. Now *that's* a happenin' spot!

Yea, and the local's are really rude to folks from out of town. Especially if
your license plate says that you are from East of the Sabine, or North of the Red
River.

Then there are the Fire Ants, Killer Bees, Scorpions, and Rattlesnakes. I tell
most newcomers that if you get bit or stung, and remember *not* to panic (even if
you are getting swarmed) so that you still have a good chance of surviving.

I oughtta know, I'm a local... I still carry the little card that says I was born
an Austinite and a Texan.

BTW, you can spot me on the highway, I have the bumper sticker that says, "Welcome
to Texas, now go home!".

Steve Burger

Ted Samsel

Aug 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/3/95
Steven Bradley Burger (ste...@bga.com) wrote:

Back in the '70's we had a bumper sticker that had the pre-high rise Austin
skyline (ja ja ja) with NO VACANCY emblazoned on it....