Sex Offenders Must Post Signs

Tiny Human Ferret

May 20, 2001, 2:53:37 PM5/20/01
Chad Gore wrote:

> Judge Makes Sex Offenders Post Warning Signs
>
> CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) -- A judge has ordered 21 convicted sex offenders to
> place signs in their front yards reading "Danger! Registered Sex Offender Lives
> Here.''
>
> The signs were given to offenders Friday along with bumper stickers
> reading "Danger! Registered Sex Offender in Vehicle.'' State District Judge J.
> Manuel Banales ordered them posted immediately.

Damn!

Being the anarchist from hell that I am, I think I will immediately start
producing perfect counterfeits of these stickers.

Anyone who doesn't like someone, anyone, for any or for no reason, can
simply sneak over in the middle of the night and put this bumper sticker
onto the target's vehicle.

Hell, sneak over and put it on their bumper while they are at work, in the
employee parking lot!

Now, thanks to a Texas Judge, you can get anyone fired, and beaten half to
death by their co-workers before they figure out it's just a prank! They,
and not you, will go to jail, after beating your target within an inch of
his life at his workplace!

Think of how much fun you can have ruining the lives of anyone in Texas!
Now, available by mail-order or off of the InterNet for _only_ $9.95!

> Authorities will conduct spot checks on offenders' homes and vehicles,
> said Iris D. Davila, supervisor of the probation department's specialized
> services for Nueces County.
>
> Gerald Rogen, president of the Corpus Christi Criminal Defense Lawyers'
> Organization, said the signs are unconstitutional.

Oh, WHO CARES! The important thing is that you can get your enemies beaten
nearly to death for JUST $9.95 -- order now!

> "It's a return to the days of the scarlet letter,'' Rogen said. "This is
> just madness. We will have vigilantes out destroying property.''
>
> Rogen said he's contemplating what can be done legally to block Banales'
> action.
>
> Banales called about 55 registered sex offenders to court to be given new
> conditions of their probation. Forty showed up, and 21 were given the bumper
> stickers and 18-by-24 inch signs.
>
> "The whole idea is that everybody is looking at you,'' Banales told the
> 20 men and one woman. "You have no one else to blame but yourself.''

Or anyone who downloads one of our SPECIAL PERVO "kick me" STICKERS! Only
$9.95 -- they look JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!

> The offenders who were not made to display signs were ordered to send
> letters to each neighbor within three blocks of their homes.

Hey! Your intended prank victim doesn't have a CAR? You can't put our bumper
stickers on a bumper if they don't have a car.

So, just DOWNLOAD our SPECIAL NEIGHBORHOOD NOTIFICATION KIT for only $9.95
-- it has official-looking stationary. Just mail it to everyone EXCEPT the
prank victim. HE'LL NEVER KNOW WHY HIS HOUSE GOT BURNED!

And it's legal! A Judge in Texas says so!

> Each of the offenders had previously been given a long probation term
> instead of prison time for offenses ranging from aggravated sexual assault to
> indecency with a child.
>
> District Attorney Carlos Valdez said Banales' action is a practical way
> of implementing what the state's sexual offender registration act is supposed
> to do.
>
> Texas law requires offenders to register with local law enforcement
> agencies and have their names and photos posted on the Internet. The Department
> of Public Safety also sends postcards to neighbors of offenders considered high
> risk.
>
> Valdez said the law doesn't go far enough.

It definitely doesn't! That's why we encourage and aid and abet absolute
abuses of a credulous public anxious to PURGE THE PERVOS!

There's NO WAY for the public to check and see if these are FAKE bumper
stickers or neighborhood notifications, or if they're legitimate. FOOL THE
PUBLIC INTO DESTROYING YOUR ENEMIES! download our PERVO POINTER KITS today,
for only $9.95!

Our PERVO POINTER KITS will tell you how to do really cool things like:

- If the State puts up a phone number to permit public authentication of
identities of PERVOS, use your computer's modem to redial that number and
keep it busy forever!

- Use your computer to create Denial-of-Service attacks preventing
authentication of offender identity if the State puts up a website to
prevent misidentification!

> "What the legislators were afraid to do, this judge is doing,'' he said.

And we're just helping thousands take justice INTO THEIR OWN HANDS --
download our FAKE FELON IDENTIFICATION BUMPER STICKERS today! Only $9.95

> "The question for public officials is a balancing test, balancing the rights of
> the defendants and the safety of the community. I would rather err on the side
> of the community.''

Woot! endorsed by public officials no less! Only $9.95

> Defense attorneys and civil libertarians called the judge's new
> requirements unfair and dangerous.

DAMNED LEFTY LIBERALS! They need to be teh FIRST get a sticker on their
bumper! Order today! Only $9.95!

> Diana Philip of the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas said the
> signs will lead to harassment of sexual offenders and relatives.

And anyone else you don't like, thanks to our FAKE FELON ID BUMPER STICKER!

Order today! Only $9.95

> "This particular form of sentencing doesn't do any good for the community
> and could create a volatile situation for offenders,'' she said.

Damn Straight! download toady, only $9.95

> Gilbert Garza Canales, who received 10 years probation for aggravated
> sexual assault of a child in 1992, was among those told to place a sign in his
> front yard.
>
> "What about my family? What if someone attacks me or my wife?'' Canales
> said. "I'm the one on probation, not my wife.''

And thanks to our new FAKE FELON ID BUMPER STICKERS, _anyone you want to
target_ is on probation, too!

<this has been a public service parody by TJH Internet SP. No such product
is offered BY US though we suspect that lots of imitators will soon be
selling the real thing! We do not in any way sanction any such actions or
products which are inherently fiendishly abusive and probably violate dozens
of laws.>

--
Non-UseNet re-transmission of this article is a willful violation of US
Copyright Law and the Berne Convention. Statutory damages are $250,000.00

IHCOYC XPICTOC

May 20, 2001, 3:43:08 PM5/20/01
Tiny Human Ferret quoth:

> > The signs were given to offenders Friday along with bumper
stickers
> > reading "Danger! Registered Sex Offender in Vehicle.'' State District
Judge J.
> > Manuel Banales ordered them posted immediately.

> Damn!

> Being the anarchist from hell that I am, I think I will immediately start
> producing perfect counterfeits of these stickers.

> Anyone who doesn't like someone, anyone, for any or for no reason, can
> simply sneak over in the middle of the night and put this bumper sticker
> onto the target's vehicle.

Well, let me know when you get them. I want one myself. Let's make it a
fad. . . .

--
IHCOYC XPICTOC D.G. IMP. LAURASIAE ET GONDWANALANDIAE
http://members.iglou.com/gustavus

We will take timely counsel, whether we wish to leave this mad friarlet and
privy-minded rascal with his ragings and ravings, with his filth and dung,
shitting and beshitted.
--- Saint Sir Thomas More

mapanari

May 20, 2001, 3:45:20 PM5/20/01
I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
law and upon penalty of incarceration.
I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.

Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
can't happen here".

First they came for the "reds". Then they came for the Militia Members,
then the wacky Waco religious fanatics, then the holed-up Idahoan families
who try to sell firearms the government deemed illegal, then the "sex"
offenders.
Are you next?
No?
Why not?

mapi

"Tiny Human Ferret" <kla...@clark.net> wrote in message

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 20, 2001, 7:13:18 PM5/20/01
mapanari wrote:

> I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
> law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
>
> Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> can't happen here".

I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
the Holocaust to child molesters.

--
Vital chemtrail information you need to know:
http://www.watchingyou.com/kooktrails.html

The Pervert

May 20, 2001, 8:14:42 PM5/20/01
Lou Minattiâ„¢ wrote:

> mapanari wrote:
> >
> > I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> > some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
> > law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> > I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> > thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
> >
> > Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> > can't happen here".
>
> I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> the Holocaust to child molesters.

Actually, it's not the Jews he's comparing. But that's obvious. It's
the mentality that would require others to be branded. There, he's not
too far off in the comparison. Those so branded were identified
allegedly to protect the greater public good. Not so different than
what is proposed for sex offenders.

I have a feeling that there are several serious (and fairly obvious)
Constitutional problems with the idea and the ACLU is correct in taking
up the issue. (There goes my membership in the GOP.)

Of course, if you don't have any use for the Constitution and its
protections, that's a different kettle of fish.

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 20, 2001, 9:58:19 PM5/20/01
The Pervert wrote:

> Lou Minattiâ„¢ wrote:
> >
> > mapanari wrote:
> > >
> > > I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> > > some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
> > > law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> > > I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> > > thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
> > >
> > > Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> > > can't happen here".
> >
> > I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> > the Holocaust to child molesters.
>
> Actually, it's not the Jews he's comparing.

Actually, it is.

Nyx

May 20, 2001, 10:17:33 PM5/20/01
"IHCOYC XPICTOC" <ihcoyc...@aye.net> wrote in
<sfVN6.181559$8D.99...@e420r-sjo2.usenetserver.com>:

>Well, let me know when you get them. I want one myself. Let's make it a
>fad. . . .

I saw the article in the newspaper this morning and as soon as I got home I
started setting up a store for them at www.cafepress.com/bleedpretty as
soon as I got home.

I have t-shirts, coffee mugs, and a even a mousepad.

Nyx

--
"The more I watch television the more I wonder why I'm not already supreme
ruler of the Earth." Dogbert

Nyx

May 20, 2001, 10:25:33 PM5/20/01
n...@bleedingprettycolours.com (Nyx) wrote in
<Xns90A7D85F...@207.126.101.100>:

>I have t-shirts, coffee mugs, and a even a mousepad.

Well, t-shirts, at least. Didn't feel like messing with the coffee mugs and
mousepad. Too bad they don't have bumperstickers.

Dodger

May 20, 2001, 11:11:25 PM5/20/01
"Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The Pervert wrote:

> > Lou MinattiT wrote:

It

> > > I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> > > the Holocaust to child molesters.
> >
> > Actually, it's not the Jews he's comparing.
>
> Actually, it is.

No, it isn't. It's the Nazis he's comparing to the judge in Texas.

But you'll probably just say 'yes, it is,' again, proving your daftness.

--
Dodger
www.dodger.org

Adam Weiss

May 20, 2001, 11:20:27 PM5/20/01
"Lou Minattiâ„¢" wrote:

> The Pervert wrote:
> >
> > Lou Minattiâ„¢ wrote:

> > > I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> > > the Holocaust to child molesters.

What he was saying was essentially what a quote from a holocaust
survivor said. (I'll paraphrase) "When they came for the mentally ill,
I was silent. When they came for the elderly, I was silent. When they
came for the Jews, I was silent. Then they came for me, and I could no
longer be silent."

Today we require registration and the equivalent of scarlet letters on
sexual predators. Fine by me. Tomorrow it might be all criminals.
Maybe they'll require bumper stickers for speeders: a big round white
sticker that says 74/35 or somesuch -- illegal to remove the bumper
stickers. Eventually it could be gun owners, they are trying to have
guns registered, after all. Would you like that?

The problem isn't that some child molesters might be attacked by
vigilantes or shunned by society. They deserve that. The problem is
that this sets a nasty precedent. When they made for the perverts wear
signs, we were silent. When they make the murderers wear signs, we will
be silent. But when they make you and I wear signs, will we remain
silent?

> > Actually, it's not the Jews he's comparing.
>
> Actually, it is.

No. It isn't a comparison of child molesters to Jews in the Holocaust.
It's the PRECEDENT that these things set.

--

Adam Weiss
w...@whazo.com

--

"It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out, or until you see
the blue lights in the mirror"

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 12:12:57 AM5/21/01
Damn! Do you know how long I've been looking for long sleeved turtle necked
teeshirt? The best cold weather first undergarmet there is.

How much for two plain?

( hint hint, internet newsgroup deal and all you know?
What? I can't help it I'm so cheap)

mapi

"Nyx" <n...@bleedingprettycolours.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 12:14:15 AM5/21/01
You, like most of your ill-educated and stupid masses of recently graduated
dumbasses from local public schools and universities have completely missed
the point, again.

When you figure it out, let me know.

mapi

"Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 12:14:55 AM5/21/01
Actually, you're a moron.

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 12:21:54 AM5/21/01

"Adam Weiss" <aw...@pdq.net> wrote in message

> "Lou MinattiT" wrote:
> >
> > The Pervert wrote:

> What he was saying was essentially what a quote from a holocaust
> survivor said. (I'll paraphrase) "When they came for the mentally ill,
> I was silent. When they came for the elderly, I was silent. When they
> came for the Jews, I was silent. Then they came for me, and I could no
> longer be silent."

Exactly. But then again, I thought that quote was common knowledge, and lo
and behold, the shining example of our fine Democratically-liberal destroyed
public school system has yet again proven that any two-headed,
addled-brained sub-level chimpanze can get a degree yet to this day without
opening a book or reading anything beyond the first page of the manual of
the new 1st person shooter-upper game like Doom. Thanks Lou Minetti for
helping Bush prove that testing is desperatly needed before more idiots and
comic book reading college graduates like you are let loose to infest our
airwaves.

> Today we require registration and the equivalent of scarlet letters on
> sexual predators. Fine by me. Tomorrow it might be all criminals.
> Maybe they'll require bumper stickers for speeders: a big round white
> sticker that says 74/35 or somesuch -- illegal to remove the bumper
> stickers. Eventually it could be gun owners, they are trying to have
> guns registered, after all. Would you like that?

Camera at traffic lights to "Get those damn red light runners". Can anyone
be so stupid that pretty soon it will be " To get those child molestors and
tax evaders" next?

Already they've destroyed the bill of rights by denying anyone who's been
convicted, accused or in the justice system for "spousal abuse".
Which means, any women can acuse any man of slapping her, and he will never
be able to own a gun again.
What next? Anyone convicted of jaywalking in an "aggressive and hostile
manner that induces fear in gays, homosexuals, people of diferent
nationalities and poeple who wet their beds"?

> The problem isn't that some child molesters might be attacked by
> vigilantes or shunned by society. They deserve that. The problem is
> that this sets a nasty precedent. When they made for the perverts wear
> signs, we were silent. When they make the murderers wear signs, we will
> be silent. But when they make you and I wear signs, will we remain
> silent?

It's nice to see literate intelligent people who can actually understand
these points.

Import Car Fan

May 21, 2001, 4:01:28 AM5/21/01

> mapanari wrote:
> >
> > I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd
ordering
> > some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under
order of
> > law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> > I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> > thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
> >
> > Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> > can't happen here".
>
> I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> the Holocaust to child molesters.

If they're child molesters, then why aren't they still
in prison? Child molesters shouldn't be walking the
streets.

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 4:39:41 AM5/21/01

"Import Car Fan" <dsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<sigh> every few years it's a different group the powers-that-be whip up
the masses into a frenzy of hate so they can pass still more freedom
restricting laws.
And you bite the hook, line and sinker.

Don't you understand that when they use an excuse, any excuse against an
easily hated minority group to abridge your basic rights you all lose?
And if you come back and start asking me about what rights have we lost I
don't even really want to hear anything more you have to say.

I suppose if some ranting politician like that Republican asshole Texas
state senator from some hick town up north who wanted to castrate all sex
offenders suggested instead that we dispense with trials because they're
expensive and an un necessary nuisance and too many guilty rapists get off
on technicalities, you'd be standing out in front of the court house with
your tobaccy chewing friends with gimmie hats on and holding a length of
rope?

Or, what would really set you off?
They really want to know.
That way you'll agree to just about any violation of the constitution in
order to have "law and order" and "not let those guilty ones free to walk
the streets and abuse our innocent children."

We already lost a lot of our basic rights when the hysteria about wife abuse
was rampaging through our system a few years ago.
Then it was child molesters.
Who is it next?
Who do you want it to be?
Please tell us so I can pass it on to a wanna-be Hitler clone sitting right
now in the Texas Legislature, dreaming his secret sick little dreams of
total control. He really wants to know.

If you tell him then he'll know how to appeal to your most stupid basic
instincts and you'll march off like good little sheep into the voting booth.
Just give him a sample of your DNA, a retinal scan and a body implant
microchip while you vote and that way he can make sure you vote his way the
next time, or else.

mapi

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 21, 2001, 6:32:17 AM5/21/01
Dodger wrote:

> "Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > The Pervert wrote:

> ordering
> order of
> such a
> also.

> It

> > > Actually, it's not the Jews he's comparing.
> >
> > Actually, it is.
>
> No, it isn't.
>
> It's the Nazis he's comparing to the judge in Texas.

That's also assinine.

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 21, 2001, 6:33:27 AM5/21/01
mapanari wrote:

> You, like most of your ill-educated and stupid masses of recently graduated
> dumbasses from local public schools and universities have completely missed
> the point, again.
>
> When you figure it out, let me know.

You're a tad high-strung, aren't you?

pam johnson

May 21, 2001, 7:06:58 AM5/21/01
for any jew it is a lil close to home, and what about the violence imposed
on these "offender" seems like a lot of innocent people in jails these days,
what about the offender who is killed by his own neigborhood not knowing his
own innocence, if not beatin to death by the same mob who actually commited
the crime....???
eat that..

"Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jack Tyler

May 21, 2001, 9:55:06 AM5/21/01

mapanari <mapa...@home.org> wrote in message

They make fundamentalist Christians put bumper stickers on their cars, don't
they? Surely, they don't do that of their own volition.

Jack Tyler

Clay Colwell

May 21, 2001, 12:18:47 PM5/21/01
Import Car Fan <dsh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If they're child molesters, then why aren't they still
> in prison? Child molesters shouldn't be walking the
> streets.

It's called the concept of paying one's debt to society
by completing one's prison sentence.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 21, 2001, 12:56:24 PM5/21/01
Nyx wrote:

> "IHCOYC XPICTOC" <ihcoyc...@aye.net> wrote in
> <sfVN6.181559$8D.99...@e420r-sjo2.usenetserver.com>:
>
> >Well, let me know when you get them. I want one myself. Let's make it a
> >fad. . . .
>
> I saw the article in the newspaper this morning and as soon as I got home I
> started setting up a store for them at www.cafepress.com/bleedpretty as
> soon as I got home.
>
> I have t-shirts, coffee mugs, and a even a mousepad.

Oh my GODS what have I done.

Somewhere there is a nice corner of hell with its own little devil piling up
the coals and getting ready to throw me on the barby.

> Nyx
>
> --
> "The more I watch television the more I wonder why I'm not already supreme
> ruler of the Earth." Dogbert
> aim: nyxxxxx yahoo: nyxxxx icq: 9744630

--
Be kind to your neighbors, even though they be transgenic chimerae.

Tiny Human Ferret

May 21, 2001, 12:59:03 PM5/21/01
"Lou Minatti?" wrote:

> mapanari wrote:
> >
> > I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> > some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
> > law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> > I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> > thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
> >
> > Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> > can't happen here".
>
> I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> the Holocaust to child molesters.

But isn't that how Hitler started out? Saying Jews were child-molesters?

Remember the old 'Blood Slander' that constantly circulated and was
guaranteed to start a Pogrom? Antisemites _always_ brought up the rumor that
Jews sacrificed Christian children in terrible sexual rituals so as to make
their Passover Matzoh.

It's rumors exactly like this that brought Hitler and the Nazis to power.

> --
> Vital chemtrail information you need to know:
> http://www.watchingyou.com/kooktrails.html

--

Be kind to your neighbors, even though they be transgenic chimerae.

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 3:10:20 PM5/21/01
Yes, and for you death penalty raving low class fanatics, don't forget the
11 people executed in Oklahoma based on faulty and misleading and
intentionally wrong evidence by that affirmative action county forensics lab
chief and her pal and mentor, the local DA.

When hysteria and idiots start ruling, then innocent people suffer.

mapi

"pam johnson" <pjoh...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 3:12:55 PM5/21/01
Bzzzzzzzt. You have a hard time reading?

I said, "when you figure it out, let me know".

Until then, be quiet or go play with yourself. I don't have time to play
with morons.

"Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 3:19:00 PM5/21/01

"Clay Colwell" <er...@io.com> wrote in message

Yes, except due process and the constitutional protection of having a trial
by jury, or just any trial has been thrown out the window in the hysteria
about kiddy touchers.

You can now serve your sentence for playing with some 12 year old boy's
dick, then be sent right back to prison without trial, without appeal
without anything for life, if they want.
You see, a board of old women, frustrated men who are themselves hiding the
fact that they have KP on their own computers at home, sit in judgment and
decide if you're going to be a "continuing threat to society".
If they do, you stay in prison for life. No trial. No legal appeals.
Nothing.

Even spies, traitors, murderers, Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh and Henry
Lee Lucas had or have more legal protections than kiddie fiddlers.

When one group loses their rights for expediency's sake then we all do.
It's just a matter of time that's all.

mapi

Oh, but don't forget if you're Don Henly or Michael Jackson or a
Congressman, that doesn't apply.

Al and Sharon Amabile

May 21, 2001, 3:42:53 PM5/21/01
Worshipping God in a specific manner via a specific religion is not the same
as rape or paedophilia or incest etc.

I don't see how you can compare them.

"mapanari" <mapa...@home.org> wrote in message

Marlene Powell

May 21, 2001, 4:42:27 PM5/21/01

"Lou Minattiâ„¢" wrote:

> mapanari wrote:
> >
> > I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> > some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order of
> > law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> > I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> > thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
> >
> > Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> > can't happen here".
>
> I think it's pretty disgusting that you're comparing Jews murdered in
> the Holocaust to child molesters.

I agree.
The fundamental difference between the two is that the sexual molesters pose a
very real threat to those that would live near him/her whereas the threats that
the Jews posed was merely a figment of the imagination which was the product of
merciless propaganda.
And that propaganda was only a way to cover the tracks of the bungling Germans in
World War I.

Marlené
--------------------

Earl Cooley III

May 21, 2001, 5:10:09 PM5/21/01
On Mon, 21 May 2001 14:42:53 -0500, "Al and Sharon Amabile"
<ama...@airmail.net> wrote:

>Worshipping God in a specific manner via a specific religion is not the same
>as rape or paedophilia or incest etc.
>
>I don't see how you can compare them.

It does, however, definitely encourage murder in the name of religious
orthodoxy:

<http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010521/wl/pakistan_killings_1.html>
--
\ | Earl Cooley III * sh...@io.com * <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/>
\| Fandom Association of Central Texas: <url:http://www.fact.org/>

Star...@negativespam.ev1.net

May 21, 2001, 5:19:26 PM5/21/01
The reason these sex offenders are required to register and post signs
is to alert the locals that they are there.. of course the catch 22 is
before they move into a neighborhood they have to ask the locals if
its OK... and if the OK is given should that NOT be the notice
required? After all, if a judge requires them to seek admittance from
the people before moving in, then at that time they can allow or
DIS-ALLOW them to live there...

Scott Moseman

May 21, 2001, 5:21:56 PM5/21/01

On Mon, 21 May 2001, mapanari wrote:

: Yes, and for you death penalty raving low class fanatics, don't

: forget the 11 people executed in Oklahoma based on faulty and
: misleading and intentionally wrong evidence by that affirmative
: action county forensics lab chief and her pal and mentor, the
: local DA.

:

I am not really following this thread, but this comment caught
my attention. I have heard this argument before, and I do not
find it very valid -- it fails upon technical inspection.

There are two phases to a trial. Determining guilt, then giving
the appropriate sentence. You are somehow trying to relate one
of the available punishments to a problem in the previous phase.

If there are problems in the trial (eg- corrupt judges, racist
topical experts, whatever), you can hardly make a valid case to
blame the death penalty as the problem. It is merely one of the
available punishments for a given subset of crimes.

Let me ask you this. Do you feel it is OKAY to send someone to
jail for LIFE if they are falsely found guilty? I doubt it, so
why blame capital punishment? Is that the easy way out?

People tend to quickly point fingers at capital punishment when
they have no idea how to solve the REAL problem with the system.

Sure, banish capital punishment. Then what? All the anti death
penalty people will start being anti life sentence people. Why?
Because now you will have people getting LIFE who are innocent.

Put the duct tape away and solve the real problem.

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 5:49:58 PM5/21/01

"Scott Moseman" <sco...@hemicuda.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 21 May 2001, mapanari wrote:
>
> : Yes, and for you death penalty raving low class fanatics, don't
> : forget the 11 people executed in Oklahoma based on faulty and
> : misleading and intentionally wrong evidence by that affirmative
> : action county forensics lab chief and her pal and mentor, the
> : local DA.
> :
>
> I am not really following this thread, but this comment caught
> my attention. I have heard this argument before, and I do not
> find it very valid -- it fails upon technical inspection.
>
> There are two phases to a trial. Determining guilt, then giving
> the appropriate sentence. You are somehow trying to relate one
> of the available punishments to a problem in the previous phase.
>
> If there are problems in the trial (eg- corrupt judges, racist
> topical experts, whatever), you can hardly make a valid case to
> blame the death penalty as the problem. It is merely one of the
> available punishments for a given subset of crimes.

Yes I do. Because the DA in question, a redneck Okie born again Christian
got re-elected year after year on the platform of being tough on crime and
favoring the death penalty. Therefor politics and corruption is a
political, social and legal problem as relates to the death penalty.
My other grip with the death penalty is that it's a religious penalty. The
Christians, Muslims and Jews seem to love the death penalty based on that
strange bloodthirsty contradictory compilation of diseased minds called "the
Bible". The buddists and other major religions and enlightened poeple who
don't chew tobacco and handle snakes for their communing with God don't seem
so bloodthirsty.

> Let me ask you this. Do you feel it is OKAY to send someone to
> jail for LIFE if they are falsely found guilty? I doubt it, so
> why blame capital punishment? Is that the easy way out?

Huh? I'd much rather send someone to jail for life, and then find out we
made a mistake and set him free than drug him up and kill him on a gurny,
firing squad, hang him, gas him or electrocute him, all of which are still
options in our grand Yewnited States.
Capital punishement is kind of final, wouldn't you say?

I believe that woman forensic chief should take the place of the next death
row inmate scheduled to die.

> People tend to quickly point fingers at capital punishment when
> they have no idea how to solve the REAL problem with the system.

Even though many studies by both left and right have failed to prove that
capital punishment is a deterent, yet we still murder people, on the
streets, at Waco and in our death row anti-septic slaughter houses.

> Sure, banish capital punishment. Then what? All the anti death
> penalty people will start being anti life sentence people. Why?
> Because now you will have people getting LIFE who are innocent.

That is so silly it's ludicrous. All Americans want a fair and just legal
system. Almost all Americans want to be protected from the wolves and
killers.
Almost all anti-death penalty proponents advocate life in prison as an
alternative.
You're going down a strange and illogical path in an attempt to make some
point, of which I've yet to detirmine.

> Put the duct tape away and solve the real problem.
>
> Scott Moseman
> sco...@hemicuda.com

I can solve the problem today, right now.
No death penalty.
Life in prison.
Any prosecutor, person who works with or for or has anything to do with
bearing false witness and causes an innocent person to be falsely
imprisoned, shall take that prisoner's place and serve out the remainder of
the sentence.
All those person's property will be taken to compensate the wrongly
imprisoned person.
Then add the 3 strikes-yr-out provision to all other crimes, and most career
criminals are history. ( 3 strikes for similar crimes, not stealing a pack
of cigarettes).

As it stands right now, there are nothing but immense rewards for falsely
putting a man to death and practically no penalties.

Is it any wonder this is happening?

mapanari

mapanari

May 21, 2001, 5:58:26 PM5/21/01
You people still seem to have a hard time reading and understanding the main
point.

I'll spell it out for you.

Simply put; every totalitarian government or government that's sliding
towards dictatorship needs scapegoats.
The scapegoats are for the easily led sheeple to get hysterical about and
therfor be complacent when the government then uses the excuse to abridge
your freedoms.

Hitler tried other people and other groups before he hit on the Jews. He
also went after the gays after he was in power, the cripples, the blacks,
the gypsies and many others. But he needed an easy scapegoat and pandered
to people like you and your fears.

Our government periodically stirs up the masses along with their cohorts,
the big time religion businessmen and big corporations and pander to your
fears.

So, after a succesful campaign of indoctrination over the last 20 years,
you're now willing to give up every right you hold dear, just to get those
damn child molestors.

Do I have to spell out how many rights we've lost in the last 20 years just
becuase of the terrible child molestors, the dreaded bloody fanged drug
dealer, the satanic cults, the wacky waco religious fanatics and the
leave-me-alone separitists?

What is it tommorow? Have you ever read "The Handmaiden's Tale"? Is it so
hard for you to imagine what with Bush and his right wing religious fanatics
in office that pretty soon you women will have no access to abortions, legal
rights concerning your own children, the raising thereof and over your own
body?

Do you really want to live in Taliban America or Congolese Texas?

Are you so eager to give up all my rights just so you can feel comfortable
knowing if a child molester might or might not live near you?

Give up your own rights. Move to place like Iran if you want to feel more
comfortable.

mapi

"Marlene Powell" <mar...@techgallery.com> wrote in message

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 21, 2001, 8:05:53 PM5/21/01
pam johnson wrote:

> for any jew it is a lil close to home, and what about the violence imposed
> on these "offender" seems like a lot of innocent people in jails these days,
> what about the offender who is killed by his own neigborhood not knowing his
> own innocence, if not beatin to death by the same mob who actually commited
> the crime....???
> eat that..

It's also likely that many of these people are living with their parents
when they get out of prison. That's not fair to the offender's parents.

I still think comparing them to Jews murdered in the Holocaust out of
line, though.

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 21, 2001, 8:14:34 PM5/21/01
mapanari wrote:

> Bzzzzzzzt. You have a hard time reading?
>
> I said, "when you figure it out, let me know".
>
> Until then, be quiet or go play with yourself. I don't have time to play
> with morons.

Like I said, you sure are tightly wound.

Lou Minattiâ„¢

May 21, 2001, 8:15:58 PM5/21/01
mapanari wrote:

> You people still seem to have a hard time reading and understanding the main
> point.
>
> I'll spell it out for you.
>
> Simply put; every totalitarian government or government that's sliding
> towards dictatorship needs scapegoats.
> The scapegoats are for the easily led sheeple to get hysterical about and
> therfor be complacent when the government then uses the excuse to abridge
> your freedoms.
>
> Hitler tried other people and other groups before he hit on the Jews. He
> also went after the gays after he was in power, the cripples, the blacks,
> the gypsies and many others. But he needed an easy scapegoat and pandered
> to people like you and your fears.

Godwin invoked.

Jeffrey E Salzberg

May 21, 2001, 10:14:45 PM5/21/01
mapanari wrote:

> > The scapegoats are for the easily led sheeple to get hysterical about and
> > therfor be complacent when the government then uses the excuse to abridge
> > your freedoms.

Sort of like your claim that the Chinese were raping our female military
personnel.
--
*-=-=-=-=-=-*-=-=-=-=-=-*
Jeffrey E. Salzberg, Lighting Designer

Earl Cooley III

May 21, 2001, 10:54:22 PM5/21/01
On 22 May 2001 00:15:58 GMT, Lou Minattiâ„¢ <loumi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>mapanari wrote:
>>
>> You people still seem to have a hard time reading and understanding the main
>> point.
>>
>> I'll spell it out for you.
>>
>> Simply put; every totalitarian government or government that's sliding
>> towards dictatorship needs scapegoats.
>> The scapegoats are for the easily led sheeple to get hysterical about and
>> therfor be complacent when the government then uses the excuse to abridge
>> your freedoms.
>>
>> Hitler tried other people and other groups before he hit on the Jews. He
>> also went after the gays after he was in power, the cripples, the blacks,
>> the gypsies and many others. But he needed an easy scapegoat and pandered
>> to people like you and your fears.
>
>Godwin invoked.

Not this time. I know Mike Godwin. Mike Godwin is a friend of mine.
Senator, you're no Mike Godwin.

Mapi's points are particularly apt, although if I'd have said it, I
would have taken the time to rant a bit about how the RICO law has
torn bloody chunks out of our Bill of Rights.

mapanari

May 22, 2001, 1:11:30 AM5/22/01
At the time, how would we have known?
And speaking of which, do you know they didn't destroy hardly any of the
coding and secret machines at all, and in fact didn't destroy most of the
secret paperwork that they were supposed to?

Then they're all given medals and treated as heroes and what should have
happened is the commander and his co-pilot and the senior intelligence
officer should all have been court-martialed.

Anyway, I doubt that they were, but how will we ever know? The military
constantly lies to us and steals billions and billions of taxpayers dollars,
and we do nothing.
After the Gulf war when it was safe to say so and the story leaked out, it
seems two of the women captured by the Iraqi's were raped.
Never heard that did you?

Now, how long do you think it will be before you hear the real story of the
"Spy" plane?

When China falls? When American businessman would rather have trade, even
if it's deficit trade with China than do what's right for America?

Don't hold your breath.

You probably still believe Clinton didn't rape Anita Broderick and have one
of the State troopers in Arkansas who testified against him killed. You
probably also believe Hillary just got really lucky investing $1,000 in
cattle futures and making $100,000.

mapi
"Jeffrey E Salzberg" <salz...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 22, 2001, 1:12:48 AM5/22/01

"Earl Cooley III" <sh...@io.com> wrote in message

> Mapi's points are particularly apt, although if I'd have said it, I
> would have taken the time to rant a bit about how the RICO law has
> torn bloody chunks out of our Bill of Rights.
> --
> \ | Earl Cooley III * sh...@io.com * <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/>

http://www.io.com/~shiva/lrFAQ.html>

Just so, except to sit down and list all the rights I personally have lost
as a white male since I was born would take up hours of my time and pages of
usenet postings.

mapi

acid church

May 22, 2001, 2:57:24 AM5/22/01
"Tiny Human Ferret" <kla...@clark.net> wrote:
> Nyx wrote:
> > "IHCOYC XPICTOC" <ihcoyc...@aye.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Well, let me know when you get them. I want one myself. Let's make it
> > >fad. . . .
> >
> > I saw the article in the newspaper this morning and as soon as I got
home I
> > started setting up a store for them at www.cafepress.com/bleedpretty as
> > soon as I got home.
> >
> > I have t-shirts, coffee mugs, and a even a mousepad.
>
> Oh my GODS what have I done.
>
> Somewhere there is a nice corner of hell with its own little devil piling
up
> the coals and getting ready to throw me on the barby.

Well, at least it's bloody difficult put a shirt on someone else
surreptitiously. Hmm... unless they've passed out. And anyone who'd buy
that for themself is truly asking for it. So hopefully you'll just be
lightly toasted.

a c i d c h u r c h

--
In hell, treason is the work of angels.
Thoughtcrime for the new millennium:

Jeffrey E Salzberg

May 22, 2001, 6:58:45 AM5/22/01
In article <kzmO6.21140$bv2.6...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>,
mapa...@home.org says...

> Just so, except to sit down and list all the rights I personally have lost
> as a white male since I was born would take up hours of my time and pages of
> usenet postings.

So would typing in Moby Dick, but it's at least an *entertaining* piece
of fiction.

Scott Moseman

May 22, 2001, 10:36:28 AM5/22/01

: My other grip with the death penalty is that it's a

: religious penalty. The Christians, Muslims and Jews
: seem to love the death penalty based on that strange
: bloodthirsty contradictory compilation of diseased
: minds called "the Bible". The buddists and other
: major religions and enlightened poeple who don't chew
: tobacco and handle snakes for their communing with
: God don't seem so bloodthirsty.

So your real problem with the death penalty is not the
fact innocent people may die, but the fact that you are
just against the penalty of death in general. Nothing
wrong with that argument, you can believe what you want.

In my mind, it has nothing to do with religion. Serial
killers, robbers/murderers, rapists/murderers, and all
the other capital crimes certainly deserve death, IMHO.

What use to society is someone who goes around killing?
Save the jail space for crimes that deserve jail time.

: Huh? I'd much rather send someone to jail for life, and

: then find out we made a mistake and set him free than drug
: him up and kill him on a gurny, firing squad, hang him, gas
: him or electrocute him, all of which are still options in
: our grand Yewnited States. Capital punishement is kind of
: final, wouldn't you say?

Exactly. They are final and very severe. That is the point!
So your only real gripe is the INNOCENT people getting death?
Fight against legal corruption. That is the real problem.

: I believe that woman forensic chief should take the place

: of the next death row inmate scheduled to die.

If she intentionally contributed to an innocent person dying,
I very much agree with you on that, too.

: Even though many studies by both left and right have failed to

: prove that capital punishment is a deterent, yet we still murder
: people, on the streets, at Waco and in our death row anti-septic
: slaughter houses.

Capital punishment is not a proper deterent because it is not used
as effectively as possible. Every capital crime should get death,
in order for it to provide the consistency that is necessary. I do
agree that it is not a good enough deterent, but I disagree in how
we solve that issue. Use it as frequently as possible.

: That is so silly it's ludicrous. All Americans want a fair and

: just legal system. Almost all Americans want to be protected from
: the wolves and killers. Almost all anti-death penalty proponents
: advocate life in prison as an alternative. You're going down a
: strange and illogical path in an attempt to make some point, of
: which I've yet to detirmine.

Strange and illogical path? I beg to differ. My point is that if
you want to cure the "problem" in our justice system, do not simply
point your finger at the death penalty. The death penalty works.
It is the legal trial system that has the flaws that need repair.

: As it stands right now, there are nothing but immense rewards for

: falsely putting a man to death and practically no penalties.

Obviously, your problem is with people bearing false witness. Fix
the trial system, add some better checks/balances in capital crime
appeals, and get the system back on track. Do not point your finger
at the death penalty as the problem. Take a few steps back.

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

Earl Cooley III

May 22, 2001, 11:42:29 AM5/22/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 07:36:28 -0700, Scott Moseman
<sco...@hemicuda.com> wrote:

>Obviously, your problem is with people bearing false witness. Fix
>the trial system, add some better checks/balances in capital crime
>appeals, and get the system back on track. Do not point your finger
>at the death penalty as the problem. Take a few steps back.
>
>Scott Moseman
>sco...@hemicuda.com

That's something I've always wondered about: if someone enters a plea
of Not Guilty, and especially if the accused personally testifies to
that, why don't they have perjury penalties slapped on them if the
jury finds them guilty?

--
\ | Earl Cooley III * sh...@io.com * <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/>

Scott Moseman

May 22, 2001, 1:22:44 PM5/22/01

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Earl Cooley III wrote:

: That's something I've always wondered about: if someone enters

: a plea of Not Guilty, and especially if the accused personally
: testifies to that, why don't they have perjury penalties slapped
: on them if the jury finds them guilty?

You know, I never thought about that, but it makes a valid point.
If you plead innocent and are found guilty, you committed perjury.

As a possible solution to this, I suggest allowing these options:
Guilty, Not Guilty, and the new option of "Prove It". And when
you plead Not Guilty and end up being Guilty, you get another X
years added on to your sentence for perjury.

Although, that is basically like having the Guilty and No Contest
pleas for traffic tickets. No one is going to say Guilty...

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

Morgoth's Cat

May 22, 2001, 2:23:52 PM5/22/01
On Mon, 21 May 2001 19:12:55 GMT, "mapanari" <mapa...@home.org>
scribed:

>Bzzzzzzzt. You have a hard time reading?
>
>I said, "when you figure it out, let me know".
>
>Until then, be quiet or go play with yourself. I don't have time to play
>with morons.

Aren't you making a wonderful impression eh? A masterful command of
detail, logical arguments, and politeness personified.

NOT.

Best Regards,
Dave

WWW: http://www.valinor.freeserve.co.uk

"Love is the law, love under will." - Aleister Crowley

Clay Colwell

May 22, 2001, 2:27:38 PM5/22/01
In austin.general Earl Cooley III <sh...@io.com> wrote:

> That's something I've always wondered about: if someone enters a plea
> of Not Guilty, and especially if the accused personally testifies to
> that, why don't they have perjury penalties slapped on them if the
> jury finds them guilty?

Because, in some cases, the issue is not whether Nasty Action A
was performed by Defendant B; the issue is whether Defendant
B committed a crime by performing Nasty Action A (look at any
murder-in-self-defense trial -- the killer may feel perfectly
justified and wouldn't have [knowingly] lied about actions
taken).

Jeffrey E Salzberg

May 22, 2001, 3:22:49 PM5/22/01
In article <Pine.BSI.4.30.0105221015110.5735-
100...@fingers.shocking.com>, sco...@hemicuda.com says...

> You know, I never thought about that, but it makes a valid point.
> If you plead innocent and are found guilty, you committed perjury.

But you incriminated yourself, which the fifth anendment prohibits the
state from using against you.

> As a possible solution to this, I suggest allowing these options:
> Guilty, Not Guilty, and the new option of "Prove It".

Under our system, a plea of "not guilty" *is* a plea of "prove it".

Al

May 22, 2001, 3:50:34 PM5/22/01
Merriam-Webster defines the act of murder as "to kill (a human being)
unlawfully and with premeditated malice"

There is no "murder-in-self-defense"

Al

"Clay Colwell" <er...@io.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 22, 2001, 4:23:26 PM5/22/01

> So your real problem with the death penalty is not the
> fact innocent people may die, but the fact that you are
> just against the penalty of death in general. Nothing
> wrong with that argument, you can believe what you want.

My problem with the death penalty is multifold, which I'm trying to tell
you.

> In my mind, it has nothing to do with religion. Serial
> killers, robbers/murderers, rapists/murderers, and all
> the other capital crimes certainly deserve death, IMHO.

"Rapists"? deserve to die? You mean, a man who has forced sex with a women
deserves to die for it? Strange philosophy you have there. Who else do you
want to include in your capitol crimes spree?

> What use to society is someone who goes around killing?
> Save the jail space for crimes that deserve jail time.

That's your opinion. It's not the opinion of most of the world.
Except Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Congo, Kenya, Morocco, Algeria, Malaysia
and other wonderful enlightened societies brimming with learning and fair
juriprudence.

> : Huh? I'd much rather send someone to jail for life, and
> : then find out we made a mistake and set him free than drug
> : him up and kill him on a gurny, firing squad, hang him, gas
> : him or electrocute him, all of which are still options in
> : our grand Yewnited States. Capital punishement is kind of
> : final, wouldn't you say?
>
> Exactly. They are final and very severe. That is the point!
> So your only real gripe is the INNOCENT people getting death?
> Fight against legal corruption. That is the real problem.

Like I said before, I have many problems with the death penalty and a few
innocent people who get murdered by the state every year is part of it.

> If she intentionally contributed to an innocent person dying,
> I very much agree with you on that, too.

*If* I beleived in a death penalty, we would be in agreement there.

> : Even though many studies by both left and right have failed to
> : prove that capital punishment is a deterent, yet we still murder
> : people, on the streets, at Waco and in our death row anti-septic
> : slaughter houses.
>
> Capital punishment is not a proper deterent because it is not used
> as effectively as possible. Every capital crime should get death,
> in order for it to provide the consistency that is necessary. I do
> agree that it is not a good enough deterent, but I disagree in how
> we solve that issue. Use it as frequently as possible.

In Britain during the horrible phases of massive amounts of capitol
punishement and very public executions done as a "warning" to the public,
the crime rate was so high that people did not vernture out at night on
streets and roads.
After Britian abolished public executions, enforced civil liberties and fair
trials and then abolished the death penalty, capitol crimes in Britain went
down so far that they have a murder rate 1/100 of ours. Go figure.

In every country that has swift and terrible capital punishment, their
murder rates are far higher than any of the enlightened countries like
France, Germany, Sweden and Spain.

Statistically what you're calling for makes no sense and has no basis in
fact. Cut to the quick and forget all the bullshit and the death penalty is
simple one of two things; an instrument of terror used by the state and a
vengence/retribution action.

Call it what it is and stop mumbling and making up excuses. No statistics
are available for anywhere in the world, and most certainly not here in the
USA to support any of your above stated positions.

You just want to kill people because it will make you feel better and safe.

Throw out the safe aspect of that sentence as being wrong and
inconsequential and we're left with you just wanting to kill to feel good.
Now, what does that make you?

mapanari

mapanari

May 22, 2001, 4:26:10 PM5/22/01

> In article <Pine.BSI.4.30.0105221015110.5735-
> 100...@fingers.shocking.com>, sco...@hemicuda.com says...
>
> > You know, I never thought about that, but it makes a valid point.
> > If you plead innocent and are found guilty, you committed perjury.
>
> But you incriminated yourself, which the fifth anendment prohibits the
> state from using against you.

Except if you volunteered the information. You've been read your rights.
Anything you say, will be used against you in a court of law.

The court automatically enters a plea of Not Guilty if you refuse to do so.
Prosecuting you for perjury therefor would make no sense as you didn't
testify, or if you did, it was under duress.

Not Me

May 22, 2001, 4:41:41 PM5/22/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 19:22:49 GMT, Jeffrey E Salzberg
<salz...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In article <Pine.BSI.4.30.0105221015110.5735-
>100...@fingers.shocking.com>, sco...@hemicuda.com says...
>
>> You know, I never thought about that, but it makes a valid point.
>> If you plead innocent and are found guilty, you committed perjury.
>
>But you incriminated yourself, which the fifth anendment prohibits the
>state from using against you.

Besides, the plea isn't normally done under oath, is it.

Not Me

May 22, 2001, 4:42:35 PM5/22/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 14:50:34 -0500, "Al" <al_ca...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Merriam-Webster defines the act of murder as "to kill (a human being)
>unlawfully and with premeditated malice"
>
>There is no "murder-in-self-defense"
>
>Al

He should have used the term "homicide" rather than murder.

Craig Becker

May 22, 2001, 8:05:58 PM5/22/01
In austin.general mapanari <mapa...@home.org> wrote:
> "Scott Moseman" <sco...@hemicuda.com> wrote in message
>> In my mind, it has nothing to do with religion. Serial
>> killers, robbers/murderers, rapists/murderers, and all
>> the other capital crimes certainly deserve death, IMHO.

> "Rapists"? deserve to die? You mean, a man who has forced sex with a women
> deserves to die for it? Strange philosophy you have there. Who else do you
> want to include in your capitol crimes spree?

Ummm, from the context of "robbers/murderers, rapists/murderers",
I believe he's referring to someone who rapes, then kills, the
victim.

Craig (do I look good with a hook in my mouth or what?!)
--
-- Craig Becker http://www.perpendicular.com/becker/ Austin, TX USA --
-- HTML Consulting & Publishing Services - http://www.perpendicular.com/ --

mapanari

May 22, 2001, 8:26:39 PM5/22/01

"Craig Becker" <jlpi...@serv1.jump.net> wrote in message

Oh. Ok then. That makes more logical sense.

Btw; is there such a thing as "illogical" sense?

mapi

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:02:36 PM5/22/01

> Except if you volunteered the information. You've been read your rights.
> Anything you say, will be used against you in a court of law.

I've been arrested, but I was never read my Miranda rights. However, I was
hoping for it. I was prepared, as soon as they said 'Anyting you say can and
will be used against you kin a court of law,' to say 'I didn't do it. Use
that.'

I mean, it's really an illogican line. 'Anything you say can be used against
you and will be used against you.' -- but there's plenty you can say that
can't, thus disproving their claim.

I mean, if you were to burst out 'rubber baby buggy bumpers' -- they
couldnt' use that (unless you were on trial for insanity, which is a
different sort of case anyway). And I bet they wouldnt' use that, either.

The phrase SHOULD read:
'You have the right to remain silent, or to say nothing to incriminate
yourself. Anything you say that can incriminate you will be used against you
in a court of law.'

--
Dodger
www.dodger.org

Adam Weiss

May 22, 2001, 10:04:16 PM5/22/01
This is really chilling.

Not the US and making dirty perverts wear signs.

The Taleban in Afganistan is planning to make its Hindus wear
identification badges.

This is EXACTLY what Hitler did. Hindus did nothing besides worship God
in their own way, just like the Jews in Germany. The Taleban is saying
furthermore that its plans to make Hindus wear ID badges are to protect
the Hindus from the thought/religion police. Anyone who believes that
should be exiled to Afganistan to live with these dictators.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/05/22/afghanistan.hindu.03/index.html

--

Adam Weiss
w...@whazo.com

--

"It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out, or until you see
the blue lights in the mirror"

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:05:45 PM5/22/01
"Clay Colwell" <er...@io.com> wrote in message

> Because, in some cases, the issue is not whether Nasty Action A

> was performed by Defendant B; the issue is whether Defendant
> B committed a crime by performing Nasty Action A (look at any
> murder-in-self-defense trial -- the killer may feel perfectly
> justified and wouldn't have [knowingly] lied about actions
> taken).

In many states you can be pulled from a jury if you in any way indicate that
you know about the jury's right to override a law. I believe Maryland
requires the jury to know about this, but most other states actively
discourage knowledge of this capacity -- that a jury can, in effect, say 'He
did it, but it's okay. We don't consider it a crime.' or 'We find the
defendant Not Guilty because the law is Stupid.'

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:07:10 PM5/22/01
"Al" <al_ca...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Merriam-Webster defines the act of murder as "to kill (a human being)
> unlawfully and with premeditated malice"

Merriam-Webster does not always live in the same reality tunnel as the jury
or the judge.

Deviancy

May 22, 2001, 10:07:09 PM5/22/01

Dodger <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote in message

> The phrase SHOULD read:
> 'You have the right to remain silent, or to say nothing to incriminate
> yourself. Anything you say that can incriminate you will be used against
you
> in a court of law.'

I think they are just trying to get you to shut up tho ;)

It's better then a muzzle

I'm sure you've seen at least one episode of Cops

Everytime they arrest someone they just keep going on and on,

"But I dint do nuffin"

"what the fuck"

"what i do"

"this is bullshit man, fucking bullshit man cmon man, man, man this is
bullshit"

Poor cops

I think we should make some kind of gag for people who get arrested. :)

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:08:23 PM5/22/01

> Btw; is there such a thing as "illogical" sense?

Yes, but it's usually impossible to form into words.

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:11:38 PM5/22/01
"Lou MinattiT" <loumi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No, it isn't.
> >
> > It's the Nazis he's comparing to the judge in Texas.
>
> That's also assinine.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010522/wl/afghan_taliban_dc_2.html

I suppose the Taliban shouldn't be compared to Nazis, either. <sarcasm>After
all, it's only Hindus they're really cracking down on...</sarcasm>

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:13:38 PM5/22/01
"mapanari" <mapa...@home.org> wrote in message
> I seem to remember an out of control hysterical law-n-order crowd ordering
> some of it's citizenry to wear yellow stars on their clothes, under order
of
> law and upon penalty of incarceration.
> I'm sure if most of the Jews in Germany owned cars and there was such a
> thing as bumper sitckers, they'd have had to put a yellow star on also.
>
> Sometimes people just seem to forget history and sit around saying " It
> can't happen here".
>
> First they came for the "reds". Then they came for the Militia Members,
> then the wacky Waco religious fanatics, then the holed-up Idahoan families
> who try to sell firearms the government deemed illegal, then the "sex"
> offenders.
> Are you next?
> No?
> Why not?

It's happening right now.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010522/wl/afghan_taliban_dc_2.html

Dodger

May 22, 2001, 10:34:12 PM5/22/01
"Deviancy" <nit...@haha.com> wrote in message

> Dodger <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote in message
> > The phrase SHOULD read:
> > 'You have the right to remain silent, or to say nothing to incriminate
> > yourself. Anything you say that can incriminate you will be used against
> you
> > in a court of law.'
>
> I think they are just trying to get you to shut up tho ;)
>
> It's better then a muzzle

Well, the right is the right to remain silent. They didn't actually ever say
you had the right to the opposite. While you might argue that disallowing it
would be a violation of the person's right to freedom of speech, many rights
are abridged whilst under arrest, such as, for instance the right to have a
trial before being imprisoned (a holding cell is imprisonment), and the
right to go where you will, and the right to not harbour troops where you
live. The right to bear arms...

Hmm.. wonder is anyone ever tried that -- argued that, since they were
required to live in jail, the guards must leave because it violates their
rights...

--
It's happening again.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010522/wl/afghan_taliban_dc_2.html

Dodger
www.dodger.org
www.necrosoft.net
www.gothic-classifieds.com

Bubzug

May 22, 2001, 10:51:43 PM5/22/01
Even better than that, I have the address's from everyone over at
alt.politics.liberalism, once you purchase your merchandise from Nyx!

--
See ya in the GCL,
Bubzug
> n...@bleedingprettycolours.com (Nyx) wrote in
> <Xns90A7D85F...@207.126.101.100>:

> >I have t-shirts, coffee mugs, and a even a mousepad.
>

> Well, t-shirts, at least. Didn't feel like messing with the coffee mugs
and
> mousepad. Too bad they don't have bumperstickers.
>
> Nyx
>

> --
> "The more I watch television the more I wonder why I'm not already supreme
> ruler of the Earth." Dogbert
> aim: nyxxxxx yahoo: nyxxxx icq: 9744630

Larry Kessler

May 22, 2001, 11:28:49 PM5/22/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 10:58:45 GMT, Jeffrey E Salzberg
<salz...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In article <kzmO6.21140$bv2.6...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>,
>mapa...@home.org says...
>
>> Just so, except to sit down and list all the rights I personally have lost
>> as a white male since I was born would take up hours of my time and pages of
>> usenet postings.
>
>So would typing in Moby Dick, but it's at least an *entertaining* piece
>of fiction.

I would be VERY INTERESTED in learning which rights mapi has
personally lost as a white male since he was born. I can't think of
ANY legitimate rights which he may have lost AS A WHITE MALE; on the
other hand, he may have lost several privileges over women and people
of color which never should have qualified as rights: the "right" to
go to a white-only school and urinate in a white-only bathroom, if
he's old enough; the "right" to have his vote not be diluted by those
of women (if he's REALLY old) or minorities...the "right" to get
preference in hiring over women and minorities...those kinds of
"rights," mapi?

--
"Although we may never know with complete certainty the identity of the
winner of this year's Presidential election, the identity of the loser

Grey d'Miyu

May 22, 2001, 11:38:33 PM5/22/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 03:28:49 GMT, Larry Kessler <l_k_e_s_s_l_e_r@w_t_._n_e_t>
wrote:

>of women (if he's REALLY old) or minorities...the "right" to get
>preference in hiring over women and minorities...those kinds of
>"rights," mapi?

Uhm, that last one was never a right. And now we have reverse-racism in
the hiring sector. There is one thing to say "No, don't do that" and entirely
another to set quotas.

--
Grey d'Miyu | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
Not just another pretty color | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

Hardrock Llewynyth

May 23, 2001, 12:13:46 AM5/23/01
On Sun, 20 May 2001 15:43:08 -0400, "IHCOYC XPICTOC"
<ihcoyc...@aye.net> wrote:

>> Anyone who doesn't like someone, anyone, for any or for no reason, can
>> simply sneak over in the middle of the night and put this bumper sticker
>> onto the target's vehicle.
>
>Well, let me know when you get them. I want one myself. Let's make it a
>fad. . . .

I think they should be printed up by the hundreds and pasted on the
car of every police officer and elected official in the city.

hardrock

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 1:44:04 AM5/23/01
It's called "Jury nullification".

I really wish they'd call me. I'd play dumb and stupid because that's what
the lawyer want, and then I'd nullify the hell out of them.

mapi

"Dodger" <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote in message

Rev. Carroll D. Kraston

May 23, 2001, 3:10:24 AM5/23/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 21:04:16 -0500, Adam Weiss <aw...@pdq.net> wrote:

>This is really chilling.
>
>Not the US and making dirty perverts wear signs.
>
>The Taleban in Afganistan is planning to make its Hindus wear
>identification badges.
>
>This is EXACTLY what Hitler did. Hindus did nothing besides worship God
>in their own way, just like the Jews in Germany. The Taleban is saying
>furthermore that its plans to make Hindus wear ID badges are to protect
>the Hindus from the thought/religion police. Anyone who believes that
>should be exiled to Afganistan to live with these dictators.
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/05/22/afghanistan.hindu.03/index.html

Amen.
It's truly pathetic.
Next, the hindus will have to"register"
Then they will be sent to camps for "their own protection"....
And then....well....I don't even want to think about it. My prayers
are with the hindus though.

Michelle

May 23, 2001, 4:09:44 AM5/23/01
believe illogical sense is called chaos theory.
Michelle

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

Dodger <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote in message

Canticle

May 23, 2001, 4:33:33 AM5/23/01

"Rev. Carroll D. Kraston" <revca...@myemailwashacked.net> wrote in message

> Amen.
> It's truly pathetic.
> Next, the hindus will have to"register"
> Then they will be sent to camps for "their own protection"....
> And then....well....I don't even want to think about it. My prayers
> are with the hindus though.

Just remember why the Taliban is in power.

After the Soviets pulled out, the Taliban were not very organized and
incapable of mounting any kind of assault on the government forces in
Afghanistan. The fighting raged on, but the Taliban were no where close to
being able to win the war. Pakistan and the United States wanted to run an
oil pipeline from Southern Pakistan through to Turkmenistan. Pakistan began
feeding arms, equipment and cash through to the Taliban, while the United
States viewed the emerging conflict as a chance to get back at Iran, which
supported the forces of the Afghan government. If the Iranians managed to
garner influence in Kabul with the new government, no oil pipeline for Uncle
Sam and his allies.

After three years, as old captured and abandoned Russians tanks and
equipment broke down, the Taliban were desperate for heavier firepower.
Enter more US allies, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, who
recognized the Taliban as the legitimate government of Afghanistan and
kicked in a few tanks.

With the tacit support of the United States, Pakistan began feeding even
more support to the Taliban, which is pretty much about the time they took
control of the majority of Afghanistan.

If you really want to do something for the Hindus, tell your fucking
government to make fucking amends for what they caused.

Jeff-boy, Eater of Worlds
"No flesh shall be spared"

RazorJAK, the Once & Future Crankygoth

May 23, 2001, 5:00:56 AM5/23/01
<l_k_e_s_s_l_e_r@w_t_._n_e_t> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 May 2001 10:58:45 GMT, Jeffrey E Salzberg
><salz...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <kzmO6.21140$bv2.6...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>,
>>mapa...@home.org says...
>>
>>> Just so, except to sit down and list all the rights I personally have lost
>>> as a white male since I was born would take up hours of my time and pages of
>>> usenet postings.
>>
>>So would typing in Moby Dick, but it's at least an *entertaining* piece
>>of fiction.
>
>I would be VERY INTERESTED in learning which rights mapi has
>personally lost as a white male since he was born. I can't think of
>ANY legitimate rights which he may have lost AS A WHITE MALE; on the
>other hand, he may have lost several privileges over women and people
>of color which never should have qualified as rights: the "right" to
>go to a white-only school and urinate in a white-only bathroom, if
>he's old enough; the "right" to have his vote not be diluted by those
>of women (if he's REALLY old) or minorities...the "right" to get
>preference in hiring over women and minorities...those kinds of
>"rights," mapi?

mapi - just list them to shut Larry and the other fucktards up okay?

RazorJAK
--
Lie down you lie down... (Allen Ginsberg)

arw

May 23, 2001, 5:32:00 AM5/23/01
"Rev. Carroll D. Kraston" <revca...@myemailwashacked.net> wrote in message

What's really awful about all of this is that we (the United States of
America) practically put these bastards into power by defending Afghanistan
against the evil Soviet Union. Yeah, we were right to do that, but Jeez did
this turn out screwed, or what? Unfortunately, only an insane idiot would
get into a land war in Afghanistan. Time for the CIA to destabilize the
sons of bitches ....

Alan

Professor Vonroach

May 23, 2001, 6:38:49 AM5/23/01
On Tue, 22 May 2001 21:04:16 -0500, Adam Weiss <aw...@pdq.net> wrote:

>This is really chilling.
>
>Not the US and making dirty perverts wear signs.
>
>The Taleban in Afganistan is planning to make its Hindus wear
>identification badges.
>
>This is EXACTLY what Hitler did. Hindus did nothing besides worship God
>in their own way, just like the Jews in Germany. The Taleban is saying
>furthermore that its plans to make Hindus wear ID badges are to protect
>the Hindus from the thought/religion police. Anyone who believes that
>should be exiled to Afganistan to live with these dictators.

Yes it is unfortunate that prejudiced people act in this manner.
Reminds one of the conflict between brother bedouin tribes in Israel,
fellow chinese across the Formosa straits, fellow celts in Northern
Ireland, and of course the green cards that visitors to the US must
obtain for anything but a brief visit, for a few other examples.

Professor Vonroach

May 23, 2001, 6:45:08 AM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 03:33:33 -0500, "Canticle" <cant...@escape.ca>
wrote:

>Just remember why the Taliban is in power.
>
>After the Soviets pulled out, the Taliban were not very organized and
>incapable of mounting any kind of assault on the government forces in
>Afghanistan. The fighting raged on, but the Taliban were no where close to
>being able to win the war. Pakistan and the United States wanted to run an
>oil pipeline from Southern Pakistan through to Turkmenistan. Pakistan began
>feeding arms, equipment and cash through to the Taliban, while the United
>States viewed the emerging conflict as a chance to get back at Iran, which
>supported the forces of the Afghan government. If the Iranians managed to
>garner influence in Kabul with the new government, no oil pipeline for Uncle
>Sam and his allies.

Gee Rev, do you recommend that we should have aided the communist
imperialists or the religious fanatic tyrants? What a grim choice. Do
you use electricity or own a car Rev? Maybe you belong in California
where they also place no value on these things.

Professor Vonroach

May 23, 2001, 6:47:30 AM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 09:32:00 GMT, "arw" <AWE...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Yeah, we were right to do that, but Jeez did
>this turn out screwed, or what? Unfortunately, only an insane idiot would
>get into a land war in Afghanistan. Time for the CIA to destabilize the
>sons of bitches ....
>
>Alan

Jeez, is that the sort of screwed up thinking they teach you little
SOBs in Austin?

Canticle

May 23, 2001, 6:55:13 AM5/23/01

"Professor Vonroach" <vonr...@popd.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

1): I am not the Rev, dillweed.
2): No, I don't own a car, and all the electricity I use is from a
Hydroelectric company. No Natural Gas here. You see, I live in a country
where you have alternatives, and which has an energy surplus.
3): You didn't have to aid either of them.

Now, try again only this time using both of your firing neurons.

Canticle

May 23, 2001, 6:58:09 AM5/23/01

"arw" <AWE...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> What's really awful about all of this is that we (the United States of
> America) practically put these bastards into power by defending
Afghanistan
> against the evil Soviet Union. Yeah, we were right to do that, but Jeez
did
> this turn out screwed, or what? Unfortunately, only an insane idiot would
> get into a land war in Afghanistan. Time for the CIA to destabilize the
> sons of bitches ....

Actually, not entirely accurate.

When the Soviets pulled out of Afghanistan, the government originally in
place was a wee bit more stable in the moral and ethics department than the
Taliban. They were, however, allied with Iran.

That made the Taliban a more appealing choice for the United States at the
time, who encouraged the Pakistani's in their support of the Taliban. The
resulting war was, in effect, a proxy war between Iran and Pakistan with
Iran backing the Afghan government and the Taliban backed by Pakistan, and
later US allies Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. With this
backing, the Taliban prevailed.

So yes, the US did put them into power, just not the way you think.

Al

May 23, 2001, 9:07:38 AM5/23/01
> > You know, I never thought about that, but it makes a valid point.
> > If you plead innocent and are found guilty, you committed perjury.
>
> But you incriminated yourself, which the fifth anendment prohibits the
> state from using against you.

The Fifth Amendment gives you the right to NOT incriminate yourself, it
doesn't protect you should you be dumb enough to actually incriminate
yourself. If you take the stand and give testimony "Yes I did it" or even
more subtly by giving testimony that can be proven false and leads to your
conviction, there is no law (state or federal) that prohibits the courts
from using that testimony and you can be sure that they will.

Al

Scott Moseman

May 23, 2001, 10:14:49 AM5/23/01

: My problem with the death penalty is multifold, which I'm
: trying to tell you.

That is absolutely fine, I have no problems with you having
problems with the death penalty. Agreement is never 100%.

I was initially just stating that the reason you gave for
being against the death penalty had nothing to do with the
death penalty, and everything to do with the trial process.

: > In my mind, it has nothing to do with religion. Serial
: > killers, robbers/murderers, rapists/murderers, and all
: > the other capital crimes certainly deserve death, IMHO.
:
: "Rapists"? deserve to die? You mean, a man who has forced sex
: with a women deserves to die for it? Strange philosophy you
: have there.

I am sure many women may think that rape alone deserves death!
But, alas, that is a hard case to truly prove, especially to be
giving death as the punishment. But, reading my text again, we
see that I mean robbers/rapes in conjunction with a murder, as
is necessary to make a capital crime (among others).

I hope both the recent cop killers get death, as they should.

: > What use to society is someone who goes around killing?
: > Save the jail space for crimes that deserve jail time.
:
: That's your opinion. It's not the opinion of most of the world.
: Except Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Congo, Kenya, Morocco, Algeria,
: Malaysia and other wonderful enlightened societies brimming with
: learning and fair juriprudence.

If some pathetic animalistic member of society feels that it is
his duty to brutally rape and murder a young, innocent woman, I
hardly see how death would not be considered "fair". That type
of individual is not going to do any good for the society, and
the gene pool would only be better with him removed.

: Like I said before, I have many problems with the death penalty
: and a few innocent people who get murdered by the state every year
: is part of it.

Agreed. I have a problem with innocent people dying, too. Maybe
we differ in the fact that I believe ANY sentence (death or prison
time) for an innocent person is WRONG.

The solution is not to get rid of the death penalty. The solution
is to fix our justice system and improve the efficiency and accuracy
of the trial system.

: Statistically what you're calling for makes no sense and has no basis
: in fact. Cut to the quick and forget all the bullshit and the death
: penalty is simple one of two things; an instrument of terror used by
: the state and a vengence/retribution action.

The death penalty is a much needed punishment and deterent. The issue
is that we need to use it more frequently when it is necessary, and to
clean up the trial system to make it more accurate.

Banning the death penalty and throwing innocent people in jail for 50
years or life sentences is NOT a very "fair" system. I would rather
live in a country that punishes the truly deserving with death, than
the one that incarcerates the innocent due to a flawed system.

: You just want to kill people because it will make you feel better
: and safe.

Incorrect, the death penalty does not make me feel safer. Although it
does make me feel better knowing that I live in a state where we take
proper justice on with violent criminals who drain our society.

Killing does not make me feel good, nor most anyone else. That has
very little to do with this topic (as enlightened folks may follow).

If you think we want the death penalty to make us "feel better", you
are seriously going the WRONG way with your arguement. And I do not
care to stoop down to that level of argument. Someone who believes
in enlightenment surely should have more educated reasoning?

The real problem: corruption/inaccuracy in the trial system. Taking
away certain punishments is only a way to skirt the real issue here.

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

Earl Cooley III

May 23, 2001, 10:16:42 AM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 05:44:04 GMT, "mapanari" <mapa...@home.org>
wrote:

>It's called "Jury nullification".
>
>I really wish they'd call me. I'd play dumb and stupid because that's what
>the lawyer want, and then I'd nullify the hell out of them.
>
>mapi

You be up front with your opinions about jury nullification, otherwise
you could be accused of jury tampering.
--
\ | Earl Cooley III * sh...@io.com * <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/>
\| Fandom Association of Central Texas: <url:http://www.fact.org/>
/| The SF Conventions WebRing: <url:http://www.io.com/~lsc2/sfcons.html>
/ | The Virtual SMOF-BBS: <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/SMOF-BBS.html>
\ | alt.fan.lynne-russell FAQ: <url:http://www.io.com/~shiva/lrFAQ.html>

jennie

May 23, 2001, 1:11:32 PM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 02:34:12 GMT, Dodger <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote:
>Well, the right is the right to remain silent. They didn't actually ever say
>you had the right to the opposite. While you might argue that disallowing it
>would be a violation of the person's right to freedom of speech, many rights
>are abridged whilst under arrest

The right to silence has been removed in the UK. Arrestees are
now advised that failure to mention something which they later rely on for
their defence in a court of law may be mentioned and used against them.

Jennie

--
Jennie Kermode jen...@innocent.com
Webpages at: http://www.triffid.demon.co.uk/jennie

The Pervert

May 23, 2001, 1:44:07 PM5/23/01
Scott Moseman wrote:

> The death penalty is a much needed punishment and deterent. The issue
> is that we need to use it more frequently when it is necessary, and to
> clean up the trial system to make it more accurate.

I believe that studies have shown the death penalty to in fact *not* be
an effective deterent. No, I cannot recall the study or studies. Be
that as it may, one can argue the punishment value.

> Banning the death penalty and throwing innocent people in jail for 50
> years or life sentences is NOT a very "fair" system. I would rather
> live in a country that punishes the truly deserving with death, than
> the one that incarcerates the innocent due to a flawed system.

Wouldn't we all?

> : You just want to kill people because it will make you feel better
> : and safe.
>
> Incorrect, the death penalty does not make me feel safer. Although it
> does make me feel better knowing that I live in a state where we take
> proper justice on with violent criminals who drain our society.
>
> Killing does not make me feel good, nor most anyone else. That has
> very little to do with this topic (as enlightened folks may follow).

Killing bad guys has an effect of righteous vengence. Playing God, if
you will. Not saying that's all that good, of course.

And I'd advise against calling your own position 'enlightened' and any
opposing opinion 'unenlightened.' Sounds patronizing, and not a way to
sway differing perspectives.

> If you think we want the death penalty to make us "feel better", you
> are seriously going the WRONG way with your arguement. And I do not
> care to stoop down to that level of argument. Someone who believes
> in enlightenment surely should have more educated reasoning?

In a way I think it does make us feel better as a society, for better or
worse. Is that good? Probably not.

> The real problem: corruption/inaccuracy in the trial system. Taking
> away certain punishments is only a way to skirt the real issue here.

I'm not so sure about that, although I'd certainly agree on the desire
to correct flaws in any societal system, criminal justice or otherwise.

But then again, don't we all want to correct injustices?

The Pervert

May 23, 2001, 2:03:43 PM5/23/01
Earl Cooley III wrote:

> That's something I've always wondered about: if someone enters a plea
> of Not Guilty, and especially if the accused personally testifies to
> that, why don't they have perjury penalties slapped on them if the
> jury finds them guilty?

I've wondered the same thing. But there is a difference between
believing somebody to have given false testimony, and having that belief
be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Anyway, the charge would then have
to be entered separately in order for the attorneys to mount a defense,
since the alleged offense was committed after the fact of the original
charge. Anything else would violate the defendant's right to due
process.

d...@cheetah.net

May 23, 2001, 2:08:10 PM5/23/01
On Wed, 23 May 2001 17:11:32 GMT, jen...@triffid.demon.co.uk (jennie)
wrote:

>On Wed, 23 May 2001 02:34:12 GMT, Dodger <dod...@necrosoft.net> wrote:
>>Well, the right is the right to remain silent. They didn't actually ever say
>>you had the right to the opposite. While you might argue that disallowing it
>>would be a violation of the person's right to freedom of speech, many rights
>>are abridged whilst under arrest
>
> The right to silence has been removed in the UK. Arrestees are
>now advised that failure to mention something which they later rely on for
>their defence in a court of law may be mentioned and used against them.
>
> Jennie

Interesting. In the mind of an
] innocent person, not all things
at any given moment seem significant.
Recall and realization do have a
relationship.

Could you provide an example to
illustrate what you mean.

DCI

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 2:07:35 PM5/23/01
Very interesting observation. Sounds "logical" to me, therefore not
chaotic, huh?

"Michelle" <rule...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 2:08:59 PM5/23/01
Jury tampering? Isn't that the girl with cart that comes in dispensing
sanitary items to female jurors?

"Earl Cooley III" <sh...@io.com> wrote in message

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 2:12:20 PM5/23/01
He already knows exactly what I'm talking about and is just lonely and
desperatly needs a resonse to his asinine post.
It's sometimes smarter to just let some species go extinct but <sigh>, the
red-bellied socialist mocking liberal bird is one that just seems to refuse
to go belly up in the grand scheme of things.

mapi

"RazorJAK, the Once & Future Crankygoth" <razo...@codpiece.adelphia.net>
wrote in message news:knumgt0c1cm81d3ju...@4ax.com...

> mapi - just list them to shut Larry and the other fucktards up okay?
>
> RazorJAK

> --> --
> http://www.pagans.org/~razorjak

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 2:13:28 PM5/23/01
And every politician's car. They all do it; they just get away with it.
One law for us, one law for them.

mapi

"Hardrock Llewynyth" <hard...@speakeasy.org> wrote in message

Dodger

May 23, 2001, 2:29:41 PM5/23/01
"The Pervert" <perv...@spambad.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I've wondered the same thing. But there is a difference between
> believing somebody to have given false testimony, and having that belief
> be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Anyway, the charge would then have
> to be entered separately in order for the attorneys to mount a defense,
> since the alleged offense was committed after the fact of the original
> charge. Anything else would violate the defendant's right to due
> process.

One could argue that the plea of Not Guilty is always given under duress (of
incarceration -- if you say you did it you will go to jail, if you say you
didn't, you might not), and therefore cannot be considered a basis for a
perjury charge.

Dodger

May 23, 2001, 2:34:00 PM5/23/01
"Scott Moseman" <sco...@hemicuda.com> wrote in message

> I hope both the recent cop killers get death, as they should.

I don't see any reason for a cop's death to be any more of a reason to kill
people than other, more intelligent people's deaths are.

Dodger

May 23, 2001, 2:42:08 PM5/23/01
"Larry Kessler" <l_k_e_s_s_l_e_r@w_t_._n_e_t> wrote in message

> I would be VERY INTERESTED in learning which rights mapi has
> personally lost as a white male since he was born. I can't think of
> ANY legitimate rights which he may have lost AS A WHITE MALE; on the
> other hand, he may have lost several privileges over women and people
> of color which never should have qualified as rights: the "right" to
> go to a white-only school and urinate in a white-only bathroom, if
> he's old enough; the "right" to have his vote not be diluted by those
> of women (if he's REALLY old) or minorities...the "right" to get
> preference in hiring over women and minorities...those kinds of
> "rights," mapi?

I think the right to have an equal chance to be hired, regardless at how
up-to-the quota the company is would be a nice one.

But here's a right I'll gladly give up:
I can do without the 'right' to have my wife/girlfriend break up with me,
TAKE MY CHILD FROM ME, and, with PLENTY of assistance form the government,
FORCE me to PAY for the privilege of suddenly finding myself companionless
and childless.

Take that right -- that only males seem to have (if the woman in question
isn't abusive, the male has no chance to win a custody fight) -- and shove
it up your conceptual uterus. Thanks.

mapanari

May 23, 2001, 2:29:52 PM5/23/01

"Scott Moseman" <sco...@hemicuda.com> wrote in message

> I hope both the recent cop killers get death, as they should.

So, you agree that there should be some people more special than others, and
that a whole new set of laws and penalties should be enacted to protect
these special people; so that the vast majority of Americans have to suffer
under one set of laws and protections and a priveledged protected minority
of American get greater protection under our own laws?

So you agree that a poor black woman or a middle class white guy living in a
mobil home deserve less protection under the law than a minion or
stormtrooper of state?

> If some pathetic animalistic member of society feels that it is
> his duty to brutally rape and murder a young, innocent woman, I
> hardly see how death would not be considered "fair". That type
> of individual is not going to do any good for the society, and
> the gene pool would only be better with him removed.

For one thing, there is no such thing as a young, innocent woman. All
females are born with a lot more cunning than you and I were. They have to
be; since they are smaller and weaker than most of us men.
While I agree with you about the gene pool, then you will segue with me into
the argument therefor that some members of society should be removed because
they have bad genes.
I also think it's not "fair" that old sick people, who "is not going to do
any good for the society" should be removed, or liquidated also.

> : Like I said before, I have many problems with the death penalty
> : and a few innocent people who get murdered by the state every year
> : is part of it.
>
> Agreed. I have a problem with innocent people dying, too. Maybe
> we differ in the fact that I believe ANY sentence (death or prison
> time) for an innocent person is WRONG.

Sure.

> The solution is not to get rid of the death penalty. The solution
> is to fix our justice system and improve the efficiency and accuracy
> of the trial system.

If you would be willing to be executed yourself, after you've set up the
perfect system that would guaruntee that no innocent person or any person
wrongly convicted would ever suffer the permant solution, if you would be
willing to pay the price yourself if somehow another crooked DA or lazy
stupid forensic pathologist who wants to secretly be a cop falsifies DNA
evidence, then lets do it.

> : Statistically what you're calling for makes no sense and has no basis
> : in fact. Cut to the quick and forget all the bullshit and the death
> : penalty is simple one of two things; an instrument of terror used by
> : the state and a vengence/retribution action.
>
> The death penalty is a much needed punishment and deterent. The issue
> is that we need to use it more frequently when it is necessary, and to
> clean up the trial system to make it more accurate.

I have already told you that there is not one single instance of proof that
the death penalty is a deterance. In fact, just the opposite. So quit using
that lame excuse, ok?

> Banning the death penalty and throwing innocent people in jail for 50
> years or life sentences is NOT a very "fair" system. I would rather
> live in a country that punishes the truly deserving with death, than
> the one that incarcerates the innocent due to a flawed system.

Now you're talking pie-in-the-sky dreams. Lets get down to reality. No
matter what you do and how many years go by and what scientific advances we
make, unless you want to throw out the whole Bill of Rights, we'll never
have a fool-proof system. So sitting around dreaming of a time that only
the truly evil get executed is farcical and silly.
Since the system will never be fair ( we'll always execute the poor and the
minorities more than the rich, the white and the well-connected) and we'll
always have corrupt policemen and DAs, then ergo the system will never be
fair.

> : You just want to kill people because it will make you feel better
> : and safe.
>
> Incorrect, the death penalty does not make me feel safer. Although it
> does make me feel better knowing that I live in a state where we take
> proper justice on with violent criminals who drain our society.

You sound suspisiously like someone who would like us all to submit DNA
samples for a eugenics program, and brain scans to see if we're lying and
more.
I myself find people who beleive that murdering poor black people on death
row to be a drain on our society.

> The real problem: corruption/inaccuracy in the trial system. Taking
> away certain punishments is only a way to skirt the real issue here.

Well, I lead you down a few garden paths but you refuse to see that you
already opened the gate and stepped through it.

> Scott Moseman
> sco...@hemicuda.com

Jason Green

May 23, 2001, 3:21:04 PM5/23/01
Pardon me for butting in, but apparently fate is looking over my shoulder
today. I received an email from my wife today asking me about the policy of
the Taliban towards women. Apparently, there is a letter floating around
saying that they are forcing the women in Afghanistan to basically live in
seclusion, and have stripped all their rights as of 1996, and are committing
horrible atrocities against them. I've tried finding some sources about
this, but have so far been unsuccesful. Do any of you educated folks have
any links or information about this? I'd repost the letter here, but it's
extremely long and I don't want to take up any more bandwidth than is
absolutely necessary.

On that note, please accept my apologies for continuing the cross post, but
I wasn't sure where these folks would see my reply.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Professor Vonroach <vonr...@popd.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Scott Moseman

May 23, 2001, 3:28:36 PM5/23/01

: > I hope both the recent cop killers get death, as they should.

:
: So, you agree that there should be some people more special than
: others, and that a whole new set of laws and penalties should be
: enacted to protect these special people; so that the vast majority
: of Americans have to suffer under one set of laws and protections
: and a priveledged protected minority of American get greater
: protection under our own laws?

I think you are very much misunderstanding the intent of having cop
killing as a capital crime. Law enforcement is a special case when
it comes to murders for a very important reason. They have a VERY
dangerous job, which includes confronting the worst scum our society
has to offer. They have to confront these people to protect YOU.

Being placed in such a dangerous position, there must be some kind
of incentive (or deterent) in order to make these criminals think
twice before pulling that trigger. A police office is the ONLY line
between you and the criminals themselves.

This special case for cops should be *blatantly* obvious!

: So you agree that a poor black woman or a middle class white guy

: living in a mobil home deserve less protection under the law than
: a minion or stormtrooper of state?

Yes, I certainly do. But I place myself, you, and even Bill Gates
into the same category as that poor black woman and middle class
white guy from the mobile home. There are 2 categories: civilians
and the police. I have no problem stating that fact.

I am not above anyone in terms of the law's reach, neither are you.
(Unless you happen to be in law enforcement, which I would doubt.)

: For one thing, there is no such thing as a young, innocent woman.

I disagree with you, but this fight is not worth arguing. Maybe
these types of comments are why you provide a fake email address?

: I also think it's not "fair" that old sick people, who "is not going

: to do any good for the society" should be removed, or liquidated also.

I do not think that old, sick people should be remove either. Unless,
of course, that old, sick person commits a capital crime and deserves
to be eliminated accordingly. Do not try to expand my statement beyond
the scope of our discussion (criminals).

Being old and sick is certainly not a crime, obviously.

: If you would be willing to be executed yourself, after you've set up

: the perfect system that would guaruntee that no innocent person or any
: person wrongly convicted would ever suffer the permant solution, if
: you would be willing to pay the price yourself if somehow another
: crooked DA or lazy stupid forensic pathologist who wants to secretly
: be a cop falsifies DNA evidence, then lets do it.

What the heck are you talking about? If there was a "perfect" system,
you could not have that crooked DA or lazy pathologist. There probably
never will be a perfect system (we are all human), but there certainly
is room for improvement in the capital crime appeals process.

: Now you're talking pie-in-the-sky dreams. Lets get down to reality.

: No matter what you do and how many years go by and what scientific
: advances we make, unless you want to throw out the whole Bill of
: Rights, we'll never have a fool-proof system.

Sitting around in jail for 50 years (even tho you are innocent) is a
much better system? I do not agree. I have often heard that prison,
especially a life sentence, can be much worse than death. Of course,
I do not have any cites for that, but I am sure many people agree.

: You sound suspisiously like someone who would like us all to submit

: DNA samples for a eugenics program, and brain scans to see if we're
: lying and more. I myself find people who beleive that murdering poor
: black people on death row to be a drain on our society.

If submitting DNS samples and brain scans can prove guilt or innocence,
than by all means, that should be the norm.

Murdering poor black people? More whites are killed than blacks.

Arguing back and forth about the death penalty has no conclusion. We
can disagree forever and never reach common ground. That is why it is
such a controversial topic, because people have very different views.

But you know what? Let the voters decide.

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

Scott Moseman

May 23, 2001, 3:31:09 PM5/23/01

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Dodger wrote:

: > I hope both the recent cop killers get death, as they should.

:
: I don't see any reason for a cop's death to be any more of a reason
: to kill people than other, more intelligent people's deaths are.

:

So you are saying that laws should be based by level of intelligence?
Sorry to hear that, as it seems you would be pretty low on the chain.

Scott Moseman
sco...@hemicuda.com

Fernando

May 23, 2001, 3:28:13 PM5/23/01
In article <TFMO6.3196$gg2....@news1.mts.net>, Canticle

<cant...@escape.ca> wrote:
> 2): No, I don't own a car, and all the electricity I use is from a
> Hydroelectric company. No Natural Gas here. You see, I live in a country
> where you have alternatives, and which has an energy surplus.

Just out of curiousity how did the clothes you are wearing get to
the store you bought them from? What was the manufacturing process for
those clothes? How did the food in your refrigerator make it to your
grocery store? How did your refrigerator/computer/television/radio/air
conditioner/bed/chairs/tables/lamps get manufactured? How did the
materials your home is made from get from the factory/sawmill to your
area? What was used to put those materials together. How did the
construction crew that built your house or apartment get to work?

Like it or not you're knee deep in the need for cheap oil and will be
as long as you are a part of civilization.

> 3): You didn't have to aid either of them.

Agreed.

Canticle

May 23, 2001, 3:56:56 PM5/23/01

"Fernando" <derf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Like it or not you're knee deep in the need for cheap oil and will be
> as long as you are a part of civilization.

Oh, I'm aware of it, but I'm in a country swimming in oil that your country
wants to obtain.

I still find it amusing that big time oil man Bush had to be educated on
what exactly Tar Sands were by a Prime Minister who has no background in the
oil business at all.

(for those who are unaware, the Alberta Tar Sands contain more oil reserves
estimated to be more than what can be found in all of Saudi
Arabia/Kuwait/Iraq)

Dodger

May 23, 2001, 4:07:20 PM5/23/01

> I think you are very much misunderstanding the intent of having cop
> killing as a capital crime. Law enforcement is a special case when
> it comes to murders for a very important reason. They have a VERY
> dangerous job, which includes confronting the worst scum our society
> has to offer. They have to confront these people to protect YOU.
>
> Being placed in such a dangerous position, there must be some kind
> of incentive (or deterent) in order to make these criminals think
> twice before pulling that trigger. A police office is the ONLY line
> between you and the criminals themselves.
>
> This special case for cops should be *blatantly* obvious!

But it doesn't work. I doubt you'll ever see that, though.

> Yes, I certainly do. But I place myself, you, and even Bill Gates
> into the same category as that poor black woman and middle class
> white guy from the mobile home. There are 2 categories: civilians
> and the police. I have no problem stating that fact.

That's fine. That just needs to be done away with. Personally, I wish
someone somewhere should put out a ten thousand dollar bounty per cop,
evening up the rewards to match the potential punishments.

Actually, you are wrong -- there are three categories. But I don't see any
special degrees of punishment for killing people in the military --
actually, in times of war, that's what they're there for, it seems.

You're forgetting something -- the pigs are the soldiers of the state. They
are there to impose law, however stupid or vile the law. Just like the
Gestapo. Just like the Taliban Vice and Virtues squads. And they get away
with murder -- I'm not just using that as a metaphor. When a fucking cop can
raid some homeless kid's squat and kick his head in for no crime more than
being a homeless teenager (yeah, seriously. Try living on the street
sometime) -- when a cop can pull you over and demand sex or money if you
want to get out of a ticket that will raise your insurance and cost you
money, even when you weren't doing anything wrong... when these things
happen, it becomes apparent that the pigs should be done away with, or at
least cut back. Why not itemise evey hour every cop spends sitting in
fucking Dunkin' Donuts waiting for something to happen. When you're done,
figure out how many cop-hours we pay for and don't need.

Cops are one of the ways this government makes sure it can never be
replaced. The centurions of new Rome.

> I am not above anyone in terms of the law's reach, neither are you.
> (Unless you happen to be in law enforcement, which I would doubt.)

And see -- that's the big problem. Whether or not there are aditional
punishments for killing pigs in place, the fact that there are people in
uniforms who can kill a person and usually get out of it with a 'he was
coming right for me' type argument and a lot of paperwork disgusts and
frightens me. And when you take into account that the average policeman has
an IQ about 20 point lower than the national average...

Yeah, I'm damn scared of the bastards. Convictions cause convicts.

> Sitting around in jail for 50 years (even tho you are innocent) is a
> much better system? I do not agree. I have often heard that prison,
> especially a life sentence, can be much worse than death. Of course,
> I do not have any cites for that, but I am sure many people agree.

So give them a choice. Make a cpital level of punishment wherein the person
is told that they have the option of life in prison till the day they die or
a quick and easy, painless euthanasia. Then it's not murder by the state.

> If submitting DNS samples and brain scans can prove guilt or innocence,
> than by all means, that should be the norm.

Any society that has gotten big enough to require the use of ID cards has
gotten too big, and should be taken down a notch. he best form of government
is elbow room.

It is loading more messages.