Bad News: Randalls at 45th and Guad

Chris Ring

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

Just got wind of a new Randalls mega-store going in at the undeveloped
triangle NW of 45th and Guadalupe.

Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?

They have a real nice web-page at http://www.randalls.com visit their site
let them know what you think.

E-mail me, or neig...@internetnow.com for information on where to sign
a petition opposing the plan.

Norman Richards

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

In article <5lvus2$l8j$2...@quest.ccsi.com>, Chris Ring <kris...@ccsi.com> wrote:
>Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?

Not really. There is already a randalls about half a mile up
the road. Is this one moving? Or will they both be there? That
would be quite an overkill, especially incredibly lame Randalls
is in the first place. They don't have half the selection that
HEB or Fiesta does and the prices are much higher. Plus, if you
aren't a regular shopper and don't have their "remarkable" card,
then you feel cheated each time you walk in. That's not the way
to attract new customers.

o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria

David...

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

Chris Ring wrote:

> Just got wind of a new Randalls mega-store going in at the undeveloped
> triangle NW of 45th and Guadalupe.
>
> Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?
>
> They have a real nice web-page at http://www.randalls.com visit their site
> let them know what you think.

HEY! Dont stop Randalls. Listen to what I have to say prior to
mailing a complaint to them!

I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans. I would also
like to suggest that a Randalls store in your area will help, not hinder
your property values should you decide to sell. These stores are fine
indeed. You will pay just a bit more for the fine atmosphere of
americana, but once you shop there, you'll never want to shop anywhere
else.

I have no stock in Randalls, but I just want you to know that they are
clean and neat, and their stores are so highly valued by customers, that
the upscale nature of them will help maintain any neighborhood on a
higher standard making it difficult for the undesireables in the area.

David...

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97
to Norman Richards

Norman Richards wrote:

> In article <5lvus2$l8j$2...@quest.ccsi.com>, Chris Ring <kris...@ccsi.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?
>
> Not really. There is already a randalls about half a mile up
> the road. Is this one moving? Or will they both be there? That
> would be quite an overkill, especially incredibly lame Randalls
> is in the first place. They don't have half the selection that
> HEB or Fiesta does and the prices are much higher. Plus, if you
> aren't a regular shopper and don't have their "remarkable" card,
> then you feel cheated each time you walk in. That's not the way
> to attract new customers.

Thats a laugh. I suspect that Randalls is opening a Flagship Randalls
at that intersection. That would mean there are a large number of
upscale people in the area! Good for you guys! A Flagship Randalls is
many times better and more complete than any HEB, or Fiesta!
And, when you go into a Randalls, everyone there will speak to you in
ENGLISH! You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains. These lowly stores help to
decrease the value of a neighorhood. Believe me, at Randalls stores,you
will not see a mexican side-show on the sidewalk where they sell junk
out in the open with loud music in a foreign tongue! Thats the kind of
crap that brings down the entire area!

GO GET'EM RANDALLS!

Norman Richards

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

In article <3383A5...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>[...] The people are nice. They are all US citizens!

If there is a point here, I'm failing to see it.

>The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
>unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans.

*gasp* You mean, by actually selling a variety of food? How dare
they?!?!?!?! Actually, this was my biggest disappointemnet with
Randalls. I live near the Koenig/N. Lamar Randalls and was very
disappointed the first time I went there. I wasn't able to find a
single variety of asian rice nor any selection of asian vegetables.
Maybe I just hit at the wrong times, but I never seem to see anything
that even resembles a variety there. I end up going to the HEB on
Burnett most of the time. Even though they can't beat the R.R. HEB or
Fiesta, it's a nice step. Fiesta is always my favorite - their
"international" section is the best. I wish they were openning up on
45th!

>[...] but once you shop there, you'll never want to shop anywhere else.

Hahaha. This is a joke, right? The only area grocery store around here
I'd want to be at LESS is Albertsons. Now there is a sorry store.

Norman Richards

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

In article <3383AA...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
> You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
>is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.

Out of curiousity, how does one "craze" fruit?

Olin Murrell

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

David... wrote:

> Chris Ring wrote:
> >
> > Just got wind of a new Randalls mega-store going in at the undeveloped
> > triangle NW of 45th and Guadalupe.
> >
> > Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?
> >
> > They have a real nice web-page at http://www.randalls.com visit their site
> > let them know what you think.
>
> HEY! Dont stop Randalls. Listen to what I have to say prior to
> mailing a complaint to them!
>
> I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
> my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
> They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
> unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans. I would also
> like to suggest that a Randalls store in your area will help, not hinder
> your property values should you decide to sell. These stores are fine
> indeed. You will pay just a bit more for the fine atmosphere of
> americana, but once you shop there, you'll never want to shop anywhere
> else.

Pray tell, would that "non-American" of which you speak, by definition,
have to have been born somewhere other than the continent called
AMERICA? There are plenty of hispanics, and other nationalities who are
naturalized US citizens, but anybody born in Canada, the USA, Mexico,
etc., is already an American.

As for Randalls, I have no opinion on their proposed new store location,
as it's not likely that I'll patronize the store. The last time I went
to a Randalls, the item I was purchasing rang up at more than a dollar
over the posted price, and when I mentioned this to the checker, she
said, in a very un-American manner, that I'd be welcome to take it up
with the manager. I said no, and paid the overcharge, and started to
walk out of the store. I went back to the counter where I'd gotten the
merchandise just to check if I'd been right on the price, and sure
enough I was. I collared a floor manager, showed him the price tag, AND
my sales receipt. He hemmed and hawed for about a minute and a half,
and rather half-heartedly said, "Well, I guess I could refund you the
difference."

At which point I told him, "No, if Randalls needs that dollar that
badly, my advice would be for you to spend it wisely." I haven't been
back since.

> I have no stock in Randalls, but I just want you to know that they are
> clean and neat, and their stores are so highly valued by customers, that
> the upscale nature of them will help maintain any neighborhood on a
> higher standard making it difficult for the undesireables in the area.

Yeah, right. Undesireables.

--
Olin Murrell
Austin, Texas

David...

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

Norman Richards wrote:

> In article <3383AA...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
> > You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
> >is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.

typo! that should read graze as in picking up food and eating it
without paying for it. THis is very popular among illegal aliens/legal
aliens. Most Americans realize that if we all walked up to the fruit
counters and ate the fruit without paying for it, we would be stealing
and the store would suffer.

David...

May 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/21/97

HEHE, right.

I must stop replying to so many in this newsgroup, but I hate to let
something go by when it needs to have information added to it.
Randalls has a policy where that if you find something that rings up
different than the posted price, you get the first item free!
This has happend to me several times both plus, and minus the shelf
price.
Anyone who has this happen to them needs to see a manager and
complain no matter what store you are in. I have had many more problems
at HEB (dont shop there anymore)and Fiesta (a store that is becoming
very expensive! (dont shop there much either)). One place where this
seems to never happen is good ol Walmart! I love Walmart, Randalls, and
Kroger Signature stores!!!

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <3383CF...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> typo! that should read graze as in picking up food and eating it
> without paying for it. THis is very popular among illegal aliens/legal
> aliens

Mostly, I'd guess, in the minds of bigots.

--
Send replies to: JSalzberg[AT]uh.edu
(Substitute "@" for "[AT]")

Visit the Houston Dance Coalition web page at
http://maurice.cph.uh.edu/hdc/hdc.htm.

Ask me about the Texas-Dance, Houston-Performances, and Cichlid mailing
lists.

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

What do I believe concerning both legal and illegal immigration?

My good friend Patrick J. Buchanan has a very nice articule on the
subject. I agree with Pat more often than wonderful Rush Limbaugh, but
understand that I agree with Rush nearly 100% of the time.

Please take the time to read what Pat Buchanan has posted concerning
immigration and our future as a country.

http://www.buchanan.org/timeout.html

Norman Richards

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <3383CF...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>[...] THis is very popular among illegal aliens/legal

>aliens. Most Americans realize that if we all walked up to the fruit
>counters and ate the fruit without paying for it, we would be stealing
>and the store would suffer.

Hey, now I might just start shopping at Randalls. I've got a quick
quick question though. Do they make you wear the white hoods inside the
store? I only ask because I normally ride a bike and that would kinda
hamper my vision. I dunno, make I could put it in my backpack and
just put it on when I walked in the store? Please let me know - I don't
want to look out of place.

Olin Murrell

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

David... wrote:

[snipped]

> HEHE, right.
>
> I must stop replying to so many in this newsgroup, but I hate to let
> something go by when it needs to have information added to it.
> Randalls has a policy where that if you find something that rings up
> different than the posted price, you get the first item free!
> This has happend to me several times both plus, and minus the shelf
> price.

Yep. I'm quite well aware of this policy. The store I was in quite
clearly violated it. And, they had two very clear chances to follow
their policy.

> Anyone who has this happen to them needs to see a manager and
> complain no matter what store you are in. I have had many more problems
> at HEB (dont shop there anymore)and Fiesta (a store that is becoming
> very expensive! (dont shop there much either)). One place where this
> seems to never happen is good ol Walmart! I love Walmart, Randalls, and
> Kroger Signature stores!!!

Don't get me wrong, David. I'm NOT touting the alleged virtue of HEB, or
any other store. I DID complain to a manager, and Randalls did NOT
follow their policy on mis-pricing. Matter of fact they appeared
reluctant to even refund the DIFFERENCE. For that reason, they get no
more of my business.

As for Walmart, you might want to visit some of the websites that
complain loudly about this company, and talk to some of the mom and pop
establishments they've allgedly driven out of business.

So much for "more information."

Lance Hartmann

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <5lvus2$l8j$2...@quest.ccsi.com>, Chris Ring <kris...@ccsi.com> wrote:
>Just got wind of a new Randalls mega-store going in at the undeveloped
>triangle NW of 45th and Guadalupe.
>
>Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?

I can't imagine why, especially with Central Market around the corner.

--
Lance Hartmann (la...@jump.net)

Ted Samsel

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

David... (davi...@flash.net) wrote:
: > let them know what you think.

: HEY! Dont stop Randalls. Listen to what I have to say prior to
: mailing a complaint to them!

: I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
: my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
: They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
: unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans. I would also
: like to suggest that a Randalls store in your area will help, not hinder
: your property values should you decide to sell. These stores are fine
: indeed. You will pay just a bit more for the fine atmosphere of
: americana, but once you shop there, you'll never want to shop anywhere
: else.

Hailfahr! Austin's gonna be as white-bread-honkey as Plano if'n you
don't watch out. Where's a man with a hangover going to be able to
buy a comforting bowl of menudo on a Sunday morning? And they prob-
ably won't sell lard or collards, neither.

I want meat markets with dead critters. Not plastic wrap!

--

Ted Samsel....tejas@infi.net
"do the boogie woogie in the South American way"

Scott Ashcraft

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

| Thats a laugh. I suspect that Randalls is opening a Flagship Randalls
| at that intersection. That would mean there are a large number of
| upscale people in the area! Good for you guys! A Flagship Randalls is
| many times better and more complete than any HEB, or Fiesta!
| And, when you go into a Randalls, everyone there will speak to you in
| ENGLISH! You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
| is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains. These lowly stores help to
| decrease the value of a neighorhood. Believe me, at Randalls stores,you
| will not see a mexican side-show on the sidewalk where they sell junk
| out in the open with loud music in a foreign tongue! Thats the kind of
| crap that brings down the entire area!

How sad. How very, very sad.

scott ashcraft | email: ra4...@email.sps.mot.com
software engineer | ph. : +1.512.933.3916
motorola mos2 cim | team os/2 running wintel-free
| my opinions are my own
anti-spam enabled, remove @NOSPAM from my address when replying

Scott Ashcraft

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

wrote:

| >Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?
|

| Not really. There is already a randalls about half a mile up
| the road. Is this one moving? Or will they both be there? That
| would be quite an overkill, especially incredibly lame Randalls
| is in the first place. They don't have half the selection that
| HEB or Fiesta does and the prices are much higher. Plus, if you
| aren't a regular shopper and don't have their "remarkable" card,
| then you feel cheated each time you walk in. That's not the way
| to attract new customers.

I feel cheated even when I use that Orwellian card. Even with the card,
much of what you buy at Randalls is still more expensive than at HEB.

Stephen Whitis

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Would the person who Emailed me trying to tell me that David
isn't racist please send another Email?

For someone that claims to be a christian, David sure preaches
hatred more than anything else. Come to think of it, I'm not sure
I've seen him in favor of anything except hatred.

On Wed, 21 May 1997 21:06:58 -0500, "David..." <davi...@flash.net>
wrote:

>Norman Richards wrote:
>>
>> In article <5lvus2$l8j$2...@quest.ccsi.com>, Chris Ring <kris...@ccsi.com> wrote:
>> >Does anyone really want a Randalls at 45th and Guad?
>>
>> Not really. There is already a randalls about half a mile up
>> the road. Is this one moving? Or will they both be there? That
>> would be quite an overkill, especially incredibly lame Randalls
>> is in the first place. They don't have half the selection that
>> HEB or Fiesta does and the prices are much higher. Plus, if you
>> aren't a regular shopper and don't have their "remarkable" card,
>> then you feel cheated each time you walk in. That's not the way
>> to attract new customers.
>

> Thats a laugh. I suspect that Randalls is opening a Flagship Randalls
>at that intersection. That would mean there are a large number of
>upscale people in the area! Good for you guys! A Flagship Randalls is
>many times better and more complete than any HEB, or Fiesta!
> And, when you go into a Randalls, everyone there will speak to you in
>ENGLISH! You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
>is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains. These lowly stores help to
>decrease the value of a neighorhood. Believe me, at Randalls stores,you
>will not see a mexican side-show on the sidewalk where they sell junk
>out in the open with loud music in a foreign tongue! Thats the kind of
>crap that brings down the entire area!
>

> GO GET'EM RANDALLS!

step...@airmail.net
http://web2.airmail.net/stephenw/

Don House-SunService

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article ya02408000R22...@newsgate.sps.mot.com, ra4038@NOSPAM@email.sps.mot.com (Scott Ashcraft) writes:

> I feel cheated even when I use that Orwellian card. Even with the card,
> much of what you buy at Randalls is still more expensive than at HEB.
>

> scott ashcraft | email: ra4...@email.sps.mot.com
> software engineer | ph. : +1.512.933.3916
> motorola mos2 cim | team os/2 running wintel-free
> | my opinions are my own
> anti-spam enabled, remove @NOSPAM from my address when replying

HEB may be cheaper but their customer service at the store on Koenig and
Burnet is horrible. Why does Randall's have to build a brand new store instead
of remodeling an old one. They already have two stores in that area. One at
Koenig and Lamar and one at 38th and Kerbey Lane. Both of which they will
probably end up closing when the new store opens.
---
Don House

Dustin Christmann

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

In article <3383CF...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>Norman Richards wrote:
>>
>> In article <3383AA...@flash.net>, David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>> > You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
>> >is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.
>
> typo! that should read graze as in picking up food and eating it
>without paying for it. THis is very popular among illegal aliens/legal

>aliens. Most Americans realize that if we all walked up to the fruit
>counters and ate the fruit without paying for it, we would be stealing
>and the store would suffer.

You know, this newsgroup has convinced me of one thing, if nothing else:
There are people out there that a so obsessed with a single issue, a single
agenda, that they have very few thoughts outside of that issue and could
take a discussion on the price of a haircut and a shave in Billings, Montana
and turn it into a discussion of that issue.

We now return you to this rapidly deteriorating discussion of immigration,
nee a discussion of grocery stores.

(BTW, Randall's and Tom Thumb really suck.)

--
Thanx, = "Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
Dustin Christmann = -- Mark Twain

Rocket Ray

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Norman Richards <o...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> >You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
> >is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.
>
> Out of curiousity, how does one "craze" fruit?

Well, for example, you could point at it and say, "You're ugly and your
mama dresses you funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Rocket "works every time" Ray

...Madness takes its toll. Have exact change ready.

--
in austin, texas <live music capital of the world!>
http://www.io.com/~areray Festina lente.

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Olin Murrell wrote:

> As for Walmart, you might want to visit some of the websites that
> complain loudly about this company, and talk to some of the mom and pop
> establishments they've allgedly driven out of business.
>
> So much for "more information."

Olin, You should have contacted the home office of Randalls in
Houston. Im sure they would love to know the name of any manager who is
offending customers but not refunding money owed to them.

As far as Walmart is concerned, just like Randalls, I absolutely love
them. In the great white northeast, some small towns told Walmart to
not bother building a store there, and Walmart did as they requested,
however, in many other small towns, Walmart has taken over and pushed
out the competition. Those towns people did not unite to warn Walmart,
and once there, they did not decide to stay out of Walmart and support
the mom and pops in the area.
That is the good ol free market at work. In both cases, the towns people
spoke and got what they wanted.

GO GET'EM Walmart!

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Sure that is their normal mode of operation. They will likely build a
fantastic Flagship there and that will be one fine store!

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97
to step...@airmail.net

Stephen Whitis wrote:

> Would the person who Emailed me trying to tell me that David
> isn't racist please send another Email?
>
> For someone that claims to be a christian, David sure preaches
> hatred more than anything else. Come to think of it, I'm not sure
> I've seen him in favor of anything except hatred.
>
> On Wed, 21 May 1997 21:06:58 -0500, "David..." <davi...@flash.net>
> wrote:

Hmm, I guess I would be a good liberal if I accepted the
side-show/mart junk that is common at some nasty stores? The fact is
that they are typical Mexican styled open air marts selling all kinds of
junk with loud music playing in a foreign tongue. Sorry, but as a
"white-bread-honkey", I dislike the sidewalk open air marts in front of
stores. Especially those that have loud music playing in a foreign
tongue. That is why I avoid those stores. I go to wonderful, clean,
neat, and sometimes expensive Randalls. Oh, one thing I forgot to
mention is that Randalls has fantastic meat. Their hamburger is very
high grade! Their steaks and roasts are far above normal quality. But,
the price of beef at Randalls is not much more than anywhere else.
And because they are so CLEAN!, I buy lots of their beef and pork chops!
ALSO, if you ever have a problem with any meat from Randalls, they will,
without question, replace it or refund your money.

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97
to Rocket Ray

Rocket Ray wrote:

> Norman Richards <o...@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> > >You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
> > >is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.
> >
> > Out of curiousity, how does one "craze" fruit?
>
> Well, for example, you could point at it and say, "You're ugly and your
> mama dresses you funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
>
> Rocket "works every time" Ray
>
> ...Madness takes its toll. Have exact change ready.
>
> --
> in austin, texas <live music capital of the world!>
> http://www.io.com/~areray Festina lente.
> [or finger are...@io.com for PGP public key and kewl .plan!]
> "The sun is gonna shine... in our back yard... some day." :) :) :)

HEHEHE!

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Rod Patten wrote:

> In article <5m1heh$e3c$1...@nw001.infi.net>, te...@sl001.infi.net (Ted Samsel) says:

> According to his post to austin.general on May 20th (article # 5969)
> David is a proud Texan and Rebel flag owner/seller.
>
> :(
>
> Rod

Yep, a proud Texan and a Rebel Flag owner/seller. I also sell Texas,
and US flags too. But I love the symbol of the South, though it is
thought of by some dim-whits as a symbol of the KKK when in reality, the
KKK use the flag as a symbol of the South and of battle. I find that
the Ku Klux Klan is a part of American history as are other groups like
La Raza, and the Black Panthers. Yet, I see no reason to hate the flag
that is only a symbol of the South. Many of us Southerners fly the
battle flag proudly never thinking once of the KKK, La Raza, or the
Panthers.

David...

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

Ted Samsel wrote:

> David... (davi...@flash.net) wrote:
> : > let them know what you think.
>
> : HEY! Dont stop Randalls. Listen to what I have to say prior to
> : mailing a complaint to them!
>
> : I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
> : my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
> : They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
> : unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans. I would also
> : like to suggest that a Randalls store in your area will help, not hinder
> : your property values should you decide to sell. These stores are fine
> : indeed. You will pay just a bit more for the fine atmosphere of
> : americana, but once you shop there, you'll never want to shop anywhere
> : else.
>
> Hailfahr! Austin's gonna be as white-bread-honkey as Plano if'n you
> don't watch out. Where's a man with a hangover going to be able to
> buy a comforting bowl of menudo on a Sunday morning? And they prob-
> ably won't sell lard or collards, neither.

> I want meat markets with dead critters. Not plastic wrap!
>
> --
>
> Ted Samsel....tejas@infi.net
> "do the boogie woogie in the South American way"
> Rhumba Boogie- Hank Snow (1955)

Looks like you'll just have to get used to the "white-bread-honkey" way
around here. Its coming down the road: 1836 all over again. The
Mexicans want things one way, and the "white-bread-honkies" want it
another.

Norman Richards

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

> Looks like you'll just have to get used to the "white-bread-honkey" way
>around here. Its coming down the road: 1836 all over again. The
>Mexicans want things one way, and the "white-bread-honkies" want it
>another.

Ok, everybody sing!

If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
If you're a racist and you know it, then your life should surely show it
If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)

Olin Murrell

May 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/22/97

David... wrote:

> Olin Murrell wrote:
>
> > As for Walmart, you might want to visit some of the websites that
> > complain loudly about this company, and talk to some of the mom and pop
> > establishments they've allgedly driven out of business.
> >
> > So much for "more information."
>
> Olin, You should have contacted the home office of Randalls in
> Houston. Im sure they would love to know the name of any manager who is
> offending customers but not refunding money owed to them.

Probably, but for my money, when I'm insulted by a checker, AND a floor
manager, that's about it. There are too many stores for me to continue
doing any kind of business with such. I may well go to ANOTHER Randalls
at some point in the future, but that one will not see my carcass again.

> As far as Walmart is concerned, just like Randalls, I absolutely love
> them. In the great white northeast, some small towns told Walmart to
> not bother building a store there, and Walmart did as they requested,
> however, in many other small towns, Walmart has taken over and pushed
> out the competition. Those towns people did not unite to warn Walmart,
> and once there, they did not decide to stay out of Walmart and support
> the mom and pops in the area.

Oh, I'll grant you the local customer base bears a good bit of the
blame, but having lived through the great Gibson's Discount Store
debacles, where you might purchase a lawnmower with only three wheels,
only to find out that it was YOUR problem, a lot of small towns are just
a wee bit leary of big discount chains.

What the hell does "white" have to do with this discussion?

> That is the good ol free market at work. In both cases, the towns people
> spoke and got what they wanted.

Ah yes, the alleged "free market." This has never been a totally free
market nation, and were it ever to really become one, I have a sneaking
suspicion the ones currently yelling the loudest FOR one would be the
ones yelling the loudest at the abuses of a completely free market.

I have no problem with competition, but Walmart against Joe Bob's
drive-in hardware store hardly seems like "competition." When Joe Bob
has the bulk buying power of Walmart, THEN, and only then, will he have
anything resembling a fair shot at your so-called "free market."

> GO GET'EM Walmart!

I'll just wager old Sam Walton's spinning like a dreidel in his grave
these days, following what's become of his company. Walked into one
Walmart a year or so ago to buy a watch battery. Simple purchase, right?
Wrong! Lady says, "Did you buy your watch here?"

"Well, no," says I.

She then proceeds to tell me she's sorry, but they don't work on watches
they haven't sold. Off we go to the manager, who confirms her ridiculous
statement. Off I go to another store with my $5 or $10.

Maybe that's the niche old Joe Bob can serve... selling watch batteries
to folks who bought their watches somewhere else, INCLUDING Walmart...
or for that matter, Randalls.

Rod Patten

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

In article <5m1heh$e3c$1...@nw001.infi.net>, te...@sl001.infi.net (Ted Samsel) says:

According to his post to austin.general on May 20th (article # 5969)

Olin Murrell

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

David... wrote:

> Yep, a proud Texan and a Rebel Flag owner/seller. I also sell Texas,
> and US flags too. But I love the symbol of the South, though it is
> thought of by some dim-whits as a symbol of the KKK when in reality, the
> KKK use the flag as a symbol of the South and of battle. I find that
> the Ku Klux Klan is a part of American history as are other groups like
> La Raza, and the Black Panthers. Yet, I see no reason to hate the flag
> that is only a symbol of the South. Many of us Southerners fly the
> battle flag proudly never thinking once of the KKK, La Raza, or the
> Panthers.

That's one of the funny things about free speech. Say something, and
somebody, somewhere is bound to disagree with you. Here's a news flash
for you. The South LOST the war! It's over! Kaput! Done with! Scored
Yankees 1, Rebels 0!

Now, I'll grant you that a flag is just a symbol. It means something to
you, but it also means something altogether different to others. Ya
wanna talk about 1836 all over again, and how the "Mexicans" want things
different than "whitey," then you'd do well to READ some Texas history.
'Cause, if you do, you'll find there is a REASON why not a few Texas
locales are named after Hispanics. A boatload of Mexicans fought for
Texas Independence, right along side all those white boys.

And, just so there's no mistake, a whole lot of those white boys came to
Texas no more than a step or two ahead of the local gendarmes in North
Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee and West "By God" Virginia.

It's not real bright to wave a red flag in front of a bull, and then
start whining when the bull charges.

Aaron Evans

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

On Wed, 21 May 1997 20:45:40 -0500, "David..." <davi...@flash.net>
wrote:

> I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
>my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
>They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
>unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans.

Allow me to expand on what American is and why Randalls is not.

First, with an example. I worked for Randalls in high school. The
only thing higher than the employee turnover was that of the
customers. The store couldn't do anything without alienating their
market. You ask, did they respond by cutting prices and improving
selection? No, they bought Ann Landers instead.

What's American is the entrepreneurial spirit. Realizing a market
which has been under utilized, working hard to fill that niche, and
making a lot of money in the progress. Randalls is not an example of
this because they don't offer any product worth buying on it's own
merit. Fiesta, on the other hand, is very American. Someone saw a
market which wasn't being utilized. They made a product, it was good,
people bought it. If Randalls was more like Fiesta it wouldn't suck
so bad.

Aaron Evans (aaron...@mail.utexas.edu)

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer,
or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their
regard to their own interest. - Adam Smith.

Natalie

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

>> Hmm, I guess I would be a good liberal if I accepted the
>side-show/mart junk that is common at some nasty stores? The fact is
>that they are typical Mexican styled open air marts selling all kinds of
>junk with loud music playing in a foreign tongue. Sorry, but as a
>"white-bread-honkey", I dislike the sidewalk open air marts in front of
>stores. Especially those that have loud music playing in a foreign
>tongue. That is why I avoid those stores. I go to wonderful, clean,
>neat, and sometimes expensive Randalls. Oh, one thing I forgot to
>mention is that Randalls has fantastic meat. Their hamburger is very
>high grade! Their steaks and roasts are far above normal quality. But,
>the price of beef at Randalls is not much more than anywhere else.
>And because they are so CLEAN!, I buy lots of their beef and pork chops!
>ALSO, if you ever have a problem with any meat from Randalls, they will,
>without question, replace it or refund your money.

I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?

You are SO predictably white.

Nat.

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97
> --
> Olin Murrell
> Austin, Texas
> http://www.realtime.com/~olin

Well, Sam Walton built his business from the bottom up in rual towns
of the south. Then, once he became a big outfit, he moved in on larger
towns. He initially faced off with K-marts etc too, but he had a growth
plan and a concept of what people liked in store design, and product
line. When you see that now Walmart is the nations largest retailer,
you have to figure ol Sam was right on track. The mom and pop stores
out there have to realize that competition is the name of the game and
there are no absolutes with regard to the future. The stores with the
best prices often win. Who want to pay more just because its a mom and
pop store? If mom and pop did not expand their product line and number
of stores then move into different towns over the years when Walmart was
just growing up, whose to blame?
My reference to the "great white northeast" is a play on the words
"great white north" which means cold and snowy northern regions. But,
in this era of "you white folks are trying to hold us "fill in your
favorite group" down", you have to explain all color references so as to
avoid being called a nazi skin-head Ku Klux Klansman.
A side note: I have recently realized that it is very politically
incorrect for white people to promote the white race. If you are not
white, and you want to promote your race, that is fine and likely Bill
Clinton will grant you several million dollars to help you along the
way. But, if your white, you had better keep your mouth shut!
That realization came after hearing a large group of liberals on TV
recently. They basically said the above words. I guess I have been
living in a cave somewhere. I didnt realize that whites were so
disliked by some leaders of some racial groups. Oh well, just another
bug on the windshield of life.

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Have you taken your Prozac today?

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Olin Murrell wrote:

> Now, I'll grant you that a flag is just a symbol. It means something to
> you, but it also means something altogether different to others.

Yes, I know. I see the hispanic groups marching around the Texas
Capital building because the "whitey" cut out welfare for aliens. They
were carrying the green and white flag with the vulture in the center of
it.

>Ya
> wanna talk about 1836 all over again, and how the "Mexicans" want things
> different than "whitey," then you'd do well to READ some Texas history.

I know Texas history backwards and forwards. I see so many pissed off
hispanics that are saying "we are taking over!!!!!!!" That is what the
Mexican army said before the came to meet Mr Sam Houston. You are right
that there were a few Mexicans who wanted Texas to be free from Mexico,
but when you look around today, you do not see that sentiment reflected
in the attitudes of their descendants.

It Looks like 1836 all over again. Sam Houston must be spinning like a
top in his grave.

> It's not real bright to wave a red flag in front of a bull, and then
> start whining when the bull charges.

I agree, and neither is it real bright to wave a Mexican flag in the
face of a Texan.

Like you said about the South vs the North, the Mexican war is over.

We Won!

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Aaron Evans wrote:

> On Wed, 21 May 1997 20:45:40 -0500, "David..." <davi...@flash.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
> >my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
> >They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
> >unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans.
>
> Allow me to expand on what American is and why Randalls is not.
>
> First, with an example. I worked for Randalls in high school. The
> only thing higher than the employee turnover was that of the
> customers. The store couldn't do anything without alienating their
> market. You ask, did they respond by cutting prices and improving
> selection? No, they bought Ann Landers instead.
>
> What's American is the entrepreneurial spirit. Realizing a market
> which has been under utilized, working hard to fill that niche, and
> making a lot of money in the progress. Randalls is not an example of
> this because they don't offer any product worth buying on it's own
> merit. Fiesta, on the other hand, is very American. Someone saw a
> market which wasn't being utilized. They made a product, it was good,
> people bought it. If Randalls was more like Fiesta it wouldn't suck
> so bad.

Nah, Randalls is opening new stores all the time. Fiesta mart is not
expanding at nearly the same rate.

Randalls will do fine because of people like me. I love Randalls.
I want Randalls to blow away the competition. I will help them do
that by spending my money in their stores.

Scott Ashcraft

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

In article <an7547-2305...@apm0-61.realtime.net>,
an7...@anon.nymserver.com (Natalie) wrote:

| In article <338502...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net wrote:
|
| >> Hmm, I guess I would be a good liberal if I accepted the
| >side-show/mart junk that is common at some nasty stores? The fact is
| >that they are typical Mexican styled open air marts selling all kinds of
| >junk with loud music playing in a foreign tongue. Sorry, but as a
| >"white-bread-honkey", I dislike the sidewalk open air marts in front of
| >stores. Especially those that have loud music playing in a foreign
| >tongue. That is why I avoid those stores. I go to wonderful, clean,
| >neat, and sometimes expensive Randalls. |

| I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?
|
| You are SO predictably white.
|
| Nat.

Apparently, this David guy is not the only racist with ties to Randalls. I
just heard on the radio that Randalls has just made a $2.5M settlement with
the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) for unfair treatment of
prospective Hispanic and African-American hires.

Norman Richards

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

In article <33859E...@flash.net>, Dav. <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>A side note: I have recently realized that it is very politically
>incorrect for white people to promote the white race. [...]

If that includes putting down people of other races, making ignorant
stereotypes, claiming superiority based on your race, etc... then yes,
I'd have to say you are right.

Aaron Evans

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

On 23 May 1997 11:48:45 GMT, an7...@anon.nymserver.com (Natalie)
wrote:

>I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?
>
>You are SO predictably white.

Your message wasn't directed to me, but can you please elaborate on
what 'white' predictably is so that I may act accordingly. I wouldn't
want to buck any of your stereotypes, you sorry pissant race
collectivist.

Lane Wimberley

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Stephen Whitis wrote:
> For someone that claims to be a christian, David sure preaches
> hatred more than anything else. Come to think of it, I'm not sure
> I've seen him in favor of anything except hatred.

I've been trying to figure this one out. I've come up with the
following. Let me know what you think.

1. David is a troller, and a pretty lame one at that.

2. David is trying to fill the slot left by the notably
absent-of-late Chuck Herrick (hey, wait a minute: has anybody
seen the two of them in the same newsgroup at the same time?)
trying to provide the voice of the "Xenophobes are people, too!"
movement.

3. Like me, David questions whether it is really such a good
idea to develop the land between Guadalupe, Lamar and 45th,
which is now a rather nice open space. Posing as a racist
and backing Randalls' effort is his attempt to thwart the
project by building public resentment, etc.

Hope this helps.

Lane Wimberley
int _,__;___(int ____,...){putchar(((_-1)["466627266667276620"]*/*/*/16)
+(____&0x0f/*/obfuscatedsigcc((/*/));}main(){for(;_["].lt.0;/**_<<=\
lsw["];(&(*(&(___))))(_["<Q>%ws@75e;9`CY'.:"],_++-++__,"*/\"/\*"));}

Lane Wimberley

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Dav. wrote:

> Norman Richards wrote:
> >
> > > Looks like you'll just have to get used to the "white-bread-honkey" way
> > >around here. Its coming down the road: 1836 all over again. The
> > >Mexicans want things one way, and the "white-bread-honkies" want it
> > >another.
> >
> > Ok, everybody sing!
> >
> > If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
> > If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
> > If you're a racist and you know it, then your life should surely show it
> > If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)

> > o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria
>
> Have you taken your Prozac today?

Ah ha! Ok, now I know what's going on! You fooled us for a while,
davey, but I'm on to yer white ass. You're not David... at all;
you're Charles HerrIck! Somehow you were able to overcome
your urge to hit the carriage return every fifteen or so characters,
and you learned how to spell "liberal," and voila: a whole new
you! But, the prozac reference blew your cover.

I would say, "nice to see ya, Chuck," but... well, no I wouldn't.

Lane Wimberley

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Dav. wrote:

> Aaron Evans wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 21 May 1997 20:45:40 -0500, "David..." <davi...@flash.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I get to deal in business with Randalls monthly. I know the stores in
> > >my town and in DFW. They are clean, clean, clean! The people are nice.
> > >They are all US citizens! The stores are prime examples of Americanism,
> > >unlike some chains that seem to cater to NON-Americans.
> >
> > Allow me to expand on what American is and why Randalls is not.

I'm sorry, but I guess I still haven't figured out in what sense
a store like Fiesta, which clearly utilizes Hispanic and central
American cultures to style and market itself, caters to NON-Americans.

Davey: think before you type. What does "American" mean?
There are two large continents, filled with countries, named
after that Italian. If you use "America" when you mean "U.S."
then I would remind you of the history and nature of our
country as a melting pot of nationalities and cultures. Subtract
even one of them from the mix and you won't have a U.S.A.

Lane

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Scott Ashcraft wrote:

> In article <an7547-2305...@apm0-61.realtime.net>,
> an7...@anon.nymserver.com (Natalie) wrote:

> | >side-show/mart junk that is common at some nasty stores? The fact is
> | >that they are typical Mexican styled open air marts selling all kinds of
> | >junk with loud music playing in a foreign tongue. Sorry, but as a
> | >"white-bread-honkey", I dislike the sidewalk open air marts in front of
> | >stores. Especially those that have loud music playing in a foreign
> | >tongue. That is why I avoid those stores. I go to wonderful, clean,
> | >neat, and sometimes expensive Randalls. |
> | I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?
> |
> | You are SO predictably white.
> |
> | Nat.
>
> Apparently, this David guy is not the only racist with ties to Randalls. I
> just heard on the radio that Randalls has just made a $2.5M settlement with
> the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) for unfair treatment of
> prospective Hispanic and African-American hires.
>
> scott ashcraft | email: ra4...@email.sps.mot.com
> software engineer | ph. : +1.512.933.3916
> motorola mos2 cim | team os/2 running wintel-free
> | my opinions are my own
> anti-spam enabled, remove @NOSPAM from my address when replying

Hey Scott, if your attempting to be mean, youll have to try a lot
harder. Those knee-jerk reactionist words are typical of liberals who
are not getting what they want. At one time, the word Racist meant
something, today it means you have made a liberal mad! HAHAHA!

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Lane Wimberley wrote:

> Stephen Whitis wrote:
> > For someone that claims to be a christian, David sure preaches
> > hatred more than anything else. Come to think of it, I'm not sure
> > I've seen him in favor of anything except hatred.
>
> I've been trying to figure this one out. I've come up with the
> following. Let me know what you think.
>
> 1. David is a troller, and a pretty lame one at that.
>
> 2. David is trying to fill the slot left by the notably
> absent-of-late Chuck Herrick (hey, wait a minute: has anybody
> seen the two of them in the same newsgroup at the same time?)
> trying to provide the voice of the "Xenophobes are people, too!"
> movement.
>
> 3. Like me, David questions whether it is really such a good
> idea to develop the land between Guadalupe, Lamar and 45th,
> which is now a rather nice open space. Posing as a racist
> and backing Randalls' effort is his attempt to thwart the
> project by building public resentment, etc.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Lane Wimberley

Lane, please take your Prozac.

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Lane Wimberley wrote:
If you use "America" when you mean "U.S."
> then I would remind you of the history and nature of our
> country as a melting pot of nationalities and cultures. Subtract
> even one of them from the mix and you won't have a U.S.A.
>
> Lane

Lane, that is so full of Barbara Striesand. "Subtract even one of
them from the mix and you won't have a U.S.A. Buffalo Biscuits!
In the begining, America was not the melting pot that it is today.
But, it certainly was the U.S.A. Please stop quoting Peter Jennings and
Dan Blather. Thats along the same lines as what an idiotic ABC radio
news reporter said in November of 96. He stated that the Pilgrims were
the first illegal aliens! hahahaha! What a line of B.S.!
Another liberal lie: "Our diversity is our strength". Pure hogwash. Our
strength is our freedom, as in Constitutional Freedom that is.
Freedom seperates the men from the boys in the real world.

Dav.

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Norman Richards wrote:

> In article <33859E...@flash.net>, Dav. <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
> >A side note: I have recently realized that it is very politically
> >incorrect for white people to promote the white race. [...]
>
> If that includes putting down people of other races, making ignorant
> stereotypes, claiming superiority based on your race, etc... then yes,
> I'd have to say you are right.

Im sure you understand that your adding to what I stated.
It is fine and dandy for Black and Brown Americans to promote their
race, i.e. Miss Black America, The United Negro College Fund, The Black
Congressional Caucus, La Raza, NAACP, LULAC, etc.etc.., however, if the
white race promoted similar organizations, the media would absolutely go
crazy over the idea. A funny sterotype: Blacks promoting blacks,
Browns, promoting Browns, and whites sitting in the back of the bus.

Olin Murrell

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

Dav. wrote:

[snipped]

> Well, Sam Walton built his business from the bottom up in rual towns
> of the south. Then, once he became a big outfit, he moved in on larger
> towns. He initially faced off with K-marts etc too, but he had a growth
> plan and a concept of what people liked in store design, and product
> line. When you see that now Walmart is the nations largest retailer,
> you have to figure ol Sam was right on track. The mom and pop stores
> out there have to realize that competition is the name of the game and
> there are no absolutes with regard to the future. The stores with the
> best prices often win. Who want to pay more just because its a mom and
> pop store? If mom and pop did not expand their product line and number
> of stores then move into different towns over the years when Walmart was
> just growing up, whose to blame?

First of all, "old Sam" also had a sense of community his legacy most
obviously does not have. Old Sam recognized that a local business
establishment was an important part of that community in a way that goes
beyond price. He didn't always practice it, but he went a LOT farther
than current Walmart management.

The problem, if it is indeed a problem, goes much deeper than mere
competition. Ever noticed what happens to a small town when the local
businesses dry up? The town often follows suit, and Walmart packs up its
toys and leaves too, leaving the town with little or no business
infrastructure. Take a drive out to some small towns some time. As often
as not, you'll find yourself coming up on some small little struggling
burg with a boarded up business district, AND a boarded up old Walmart
store out at the edge of town.

And, that's GOOD????

> My reference to the "great white northeast" is a play on the words
> "great white north" which means cold and snowy northern regions. But,
> in this era of "you white folks are trying to hold us "fill in your
> favorite group" down", you have to explain all color references so as to
> avoid being called a nazi skin-head Ku Klux Klansman.
> A side note: I have recently realized that it is very politically
> incorrect for white people to promote the white race. If you are not
> white, and you want to promote your race, that is fine and likely Bill
> Clinton will grant you several million dollars to help you along the
> way. But, if your white, you had better keep your mouth shut!
> That realization came after hearing a large group of liberals on TV
> recently. They basically said the above words. I guess I have been
> living in a cave somewhere. I didnt realize that whites were so
> disliked by some leaders of some racial groups. Oh well, just another
> bug on the windshield of life.

I guess I must have missed class that day, but it was "my" understanding
that the alleged race promotion by minorities was merely a very
effective way of pointing out that they'd contributed to our nation's
history too. I don't much see an abiding need for "white" promotion. Do
you, really?

If you do, that's your concern, not mine. I do, however, find it
entertaining to see someone lumping whites against all others, as if
"all others" have somehow done something terribly wrong for simply
wanting to advance THEIR chances for a piece of the pie.

One Non Compos Mentis

May 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/23/97

David... <davi...@flash.net> wrote in article <3383CF...@flash.net>...

wrote:
> > > You will not see customers "crazing" the fruit counters which
> > >is popular in the not-so-Ameircan chains.
>

> typo! that should read graze as in picking up food and eating it
> without paying for it. THis is very popular among illegal aliens/legal
> aliens. Most Americans realize that if we all walked up to the fruit
> counters and ate the fruit without paying for it, we would be stealing
> and the store would suffer.

Oh my God! David, you are so right! Americans know better than to steal
... you would never catch a US citizen breaking any laws like petty theft.
They have too much embezzling and insurance fraud to attend to. :-)

BTW - Those flag waving, bible belching Americans out there graze also ...
I've seen it with my own eyes. (Err ... except for the flag-waving and
bible belching part. I added that purely for my own amusement.)

I have a coupon (below) for a doctor ... he can help you.

===========BEGIN E-COUPON============

** FREE consultation! **
(good for one visit only)

Redeem at the offices of:

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, M.D.

===========END E-COUPON==============

DISCLAIMER: The coupon above is for jocular purposes only. I accept no
responsibility (see the name I post under) for its use or misuse by some of
the intellectually challenged peruse these NG's. (the author)

--
== Sig: this space reserved for bot bait ==

rem...@i4l.com lmcc...@interactivemd.com a...@mary-world.com
a...@02078.com
ab...@cyberpromo.com dom...@cyberpromo.com in...@powerpromo.com
mail.eart...@italy.it.earthlink.net ro...@CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Telec...@Telecoms.com
mark...@megd.com longdi...@theguru.com crea...@planeteer.com
cma...@cyber-mail.com in...@wetland.org club...@megd.com
roc...@ibm.net al...@hotmail.com

May

May 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/24/97

David... wrote:

> Rocket Ray wrote:

> > > Out of curiousity, how does one "craze" fruit?
> >
> > Well, for example, you could point at it and say, "You're ugly and your
> > mama dresses you funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
> >
> > Rocket "works every time" Ray
> >
> > ...Madness takes its toll. Have exact change ready.
> >
> > --
> > in austin, texas <live music capital of the world!>
> > http://www.io.com/~areray Festina lente.
> > [or finger are...@io.com for PGP public key and kewl .plan!]
> > "The sun is gonna shine... in our back yard... some day." :) :) :)
>
> HEHEHE!

BTW did you know that Randall's in Houston refused to sell condoms
after 9 pm? They put it behind lock and key (no kidding) and will not
open them until morning. I guess the prunes think that people will not
have sex if they can't buy condoms at Randall's.

BTW, did you know that Randall's refuses to display the Houston Press,
equivalent of Austin Chronicle, in their stores b/c they carry personals
for *gasp* gay people?

BTW did you know that the founder of Randall's supermarkets was a
born-again Christian from a family marred by alcoholism and swore off
selling beer/wine at his stores? If a grocery store does not sell
alcohol, they are losing a lot of potential profit as well as customner
base. And don't think that narrow-minded racist people like you don't
drink, b/c they do. I thought his forgoing of so much profits was quite
honorable.
Then he died. So his kids decided to sell alcohol and beer in all the
stores after all, but continues to lock up the condoms.

Get the picture. They cater to the upper-middle class of the south, so
of course they have to keep the store white, shiny and devoid of the
richness of culture that the people of Texas contribute. In other words,
you've been suckered in. If they could grab at the ethnic markets that
actually tends to produce more profit, they'd abandon you in a second.

Final BTW, the Randalls in certain areas of Houston carry ethnic foods,
to try and compete for the upper-mid class professional asians.
We do graze our grapes there and the management can't say squat.

Mark Montgomery

May 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/24/97

Just on the off chance that Randall's had some opinion
of what we Austinites thought about their plans, I forwarded
several of the posts on this subject to them. I include
below their position and thoughts in full.
Mark Montgomery

May 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/24/97

Kay was complaining that Randalls will not sell condoms after 2100
hours. I wonder how she discovered this fact?

Kay, the Boy Scouts has a motto you might find helpful:

"Always be prepared".

BSA FOREVER!

David

May 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/24/97

I love Randalls. They cater to my kind of people. As one Natali
called me, I am very much a "white-bread honkey". When I walk into a
beautiful Randalls store, it is clean, clean, clean. And, I am not
worried about my expensive car being stolen in the parking lot, or
contaminated, old beef products on the shelves. Some in this NG say
that Randalls does not reflect some of the cultureal aspects of Texas,
but I cannot agree with that statement. I am a fifth generation Texan
and I feel very much at home in a Randalls store....it is just a very
pleasant experience to see my culture reflected within Randalls stores.
Now, if Randalls does not reflect your culture, and/or you cannot
tolerate seeing all those "white-bread honkies" walking around with
smiles on their faces, there are a number of other stores that may
contain your culture. Check out Fiesta and HEB. Make certain that your
shopping trips are a pleasent experience. I do.

Terry Moore

May 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/24/97

In article <3386F4...@brahms.amd.com>, Mark Montgomery
<ncp...@brahms.amd.com> says:

>Just on the off chance that Randall's had some opinion
>of what we Austinites thought about their plans, I forwarded
>several of the posts on this subject to them. I include
>below their position and thoughts in full.
>Mark Montgomery

This MIGHT be off subject - I don't know for sure.

In yesterday's Houston Chronicle, I saw an article. It concerned
an EEOC settlement with a major grocery chain that is headquartered
in Houston. There was a very large amount of money involved. The
article included an EEOC hotline for persons who were injured
to call to get their share of the money.

As issue: The grocery chain had a long standing policy of not
hiring hispanics, blacks and women regardless of qualifications.

Did any one else see the article? What was the name of the chain?

The Houston Chronicle was for Friday, 23 May 1997. The paper is still
in a cubby hole in my desk at work. If no one can clarify and/or
amplify what I have said here, I will dig out the paper Tuesday
morning when I go back to work and post the facts here.

Cheers.

Terry at Lake Bastrop

Natalie

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

In article <3388d2ad...@news.cc.utexas.edu>,
aaron...@mail.utexas.edu.no.solicitors wrote:

>On 23 May 1997 11:48:45 GMT, an7...@anon.nymserver.com (Natalie)
>wrote:
>

>>I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?
>>
>>You are SO predictably white.
>

>Your message wasn't directed to me, but can you please elaborate on
>what 'white' predictably is so that I may act accordingly. I wouldn't
>want to buck any of your stereotypes, you sorry pissant race
>collectivist.
>
>Aaron Evans (aaron...@mail.utexas.edu)

"Pissant race collectivist"??? Cool phrase but wouldn't racist be easier
to type?

Predictably white - a follower of the Yuppie mentally - the belief and the
behavior which springs from said belief that the more money and status a
person attains the more worth as a human being...ie. The American Dream as
promoted by the current power structure, which is WHITE in racial
majority.

Predictably white - bland, mindless follower of commercialism.

Natalie

ps. FYI, I am white...but not predictably so.

pps. byte me.

David

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

Let me see if I can remember what businesses have been under attack
recently:

Dennys, The Cracker Barrel, Texaco, Randalls, Chevron, and several more
that do not come to mind are prime examples of attacks on businesses by
black people.
Dennys settled out of court for $35 million and the lawyers placed
public ads stating that if you had gone to Dennys to eat, and you were a
person of color who felt he/she did not get proper service because of
your race, come and collect a check.

What is the real reason Jesse Jackson and others are endorsing these
attacks on businesses? Could it be a method to collect "reperations"?

Lets say you own a business and you are hiring. Is it your right to
hire whomever you so desire?
Have you ever been inside a business owned by a minority where all you
could see were other minorities?
Has government gone too far in an attempt to "redistribute the wealth"
(socialism in its most pure form), and force non-minorities to "pay
back" the black race for past descrimination?
Are government mandated hiring quotas being used as a form or
reperations?

Is this web page racist since it promotes the black race?
Would a similar page be racist if it promoted the white race?

http://www.blackworld.com/organ/org.htm

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

In article <33886D...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> What is the real reason Jesse Jackson and others are endorsing these
> attacks on businesses? Could it be a method to collect "reperations"?

Gosh, could it be because they think people should be treated fairly?

Jeff, who doesn't particularly like Jesse Jackson
--
Send replies to: Salzberg[AT]Flash.Net
(Substitute "@" for "[AT]")

Ask me about the Texas-Dance, Houston-Performances, and Cichlid mailing
lists.

David

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

David wrote:

> Let me see if I can remember what businesses have been under attack
> recently:
>
> Dennys, The Cracker Barrel, Texaco, Randalls, Chevron, and several more
> that do not come to mind are prime examples of attacks on businesses by
> black people.
> Dennys settled out of court for $35 million and the lawyers placed
> public ads stating that if you had gone to Dennys to eat, and you were a
> person of color who felt he/she did not get proper service because of
> your race, come and collect a check.
>
> What is the real reason Jesse Jackson and others are endorsing these
> attacks on businesses? Could it be a method to collect "reperations"?
>
> Lets say you own a business and you are hiring. Is it your right to
> hire whomever you so desire?
> Have you ever been inside a business owned by a minority where all you
> could see were other minorities?
> Has government gone too far in an attempt to "redistribute the wealth"
> (socialism in its most pure form), and force non-minorities to "pay
> back" the black race for past descrimination?
> Are government mandated hiring quotas being used as a form or
> reperations?
>
> Is this web page racist since it promotes the black race?
> Would a similar page be racist if it promoted the white race?
>
> http://www.blackworld.com/organ/org.htm

Dear Mr & Mrs Business Owner:

Prepare for possible attack. Someone has declared a war, but most
of us were not told of it.
As of today, another business is under attack. Some black people
are claiming that Disney is hiring too many whites.

David Cathey (Remove MX to mail)

May 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/25/97

Natalie wrote:

> In article <3388d2ad...@news.cc.utexas.edu>,
> aaron...@mail.utexas.edu.no.solicitors wrote:
>
> >On 23 May 1997 11:48:45 GMT, an7...@anon.nymserver.com (Natalie)
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I bet you think McDonald's is a really great restaurant too don't you?
> >>
> >>You are SO predictably white.
> >
> >Your message wasn't directed to me, but can you please elaborate on
> >what 'white' predictably is so that I may act accordingly. I wouldn't
> >want to buck any of your stereotypes, you sorry pissant race
> >collectivist.
> >
> >Aaron Evans (aaron...@mail.utexas.edu)
>
> "Pissant race collectivist"??? Cool phrase but wouldn't racist be easier
> to type?
>
> Predictably white - a follower of the Yuppie mentally - the belief and the
> behavior which springs from said belief that the more money and status a
> person attains the more worth as a human being...ie. The American Dream as
> promoted by the current power structure, which is WHITE in racial
> majority.

Power... Money... Status... Does this make Dennis Rodman
an albino? Does this make the Dallas Cowboys an all-"white" ball team?

Sorry, but your concept that "money, power, status" are "white"
traits seems a little ms. guided. The desire to attain these things
can be seen thoughout the history of all races.

David L. Cathey |Inet: dav...@mx.montagar.com
Montagar Software Concepts |Fone: (972)-578-5036
P. O. Box 260772, Plano, TX 75026 |http://www.montagar.com/~davidc/
Note: E-Mail addresses are altered to avoid SPAM-bots...

lar...@swbell.net

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

David wrote:

> Let me see if I can remember what businesses have been under attack
> recently:
>
> Dennys, The Cracker Barrel, Texaco, Randalls, Chevron, and several more
> that do not come to mind are prime examples of attacks on businesses by
> black people.
> Dennys settled out of court for $35 million and the lawyers placed
> public ads stating that if you had gone to Dennys to eat, and you were a
> person of color who felt he/she did not get proper service because of
> your race, come and collect a check.
>
> What is the real reason Jesse Jackson and others are endorsing these
> attacks on businesses? Could it be a method to collect "reperations"?
>
> Lets say you own a business and you are hiring. Is it your right to
> hire whomever you so desire?
> Have you ever been inside a business owned by a minority where all you
> could see were other minorities?
> Has government gone too far in an attempt to "redistribute the wealth"
> (socialism in its most pure form), and force non-minorities to "pay
> back" the black race for past descrimination?
> Are government mandated hiring quotas being used as a form or
> reperations?
>
> Is this web page racist since it promotes the black race?
> Would a similar page be racist if it promoted the white race?
>
> http://www.blackworld.com/organ/org.htm

This must be DAVID the idiot week to slam blacks.

lar...@swbell.net

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:

> In article <33886D...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...
>
> > What is the real reason Jesse Jackson and others are endorsing these
> > attacks on businesses? Could it be a method to collect "reperations"?
>
> Gosh, could it be because they think people should be treated fairly?
>
> Jeff, who doesn't particularly like Jesse Jackson
> --
> Send replies to: Salzberg[AT]Flash.Net
> (Substitute "@" for "[AT]")

How does Jesse Jackson earn a living? Who pay him?

nedw...@swbell.net

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

David wrote:

> Dear Mr & Mrs Business Owner:
>
> Prepare for possible attack. Someone has declared a war, but most
> of us were not told of it.
> As of today, another business is under attack. Some black people
> are claiming that Disney is hiring too many whites.

What is your problem?

Natalie

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

In article <33880FC3...@mx.montagar.com>, "David Cathey (Remove MX
to mail)" <dav...@mx.montagar.com> wrote:

>Natalie wrote:
>>
>> "Pissant race collectivist"??? Cool phrase but wouldn't racist be easier
>> to type?
>>
>> Predictably white - a follower of the Yuppie mentally - the belief and the
>> behavior which springs from said belief that the more money and status a
>> person attains the more worth as a human being...ie. The American Dream as
>> promoted by the current power structure, which is WHITE in racial
>> majority.
>
> Power... Money... Status... Does this make Dennis Rodman
>an albino? Does this make the Dallas Cowboys an all-"white" ball team?
>
> Sorry, but your concept that "money, power, status" are "white"
>traits seems a little ms. guided. The desire to attain these things
>can be seen thoughout the history of all races.
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>David L. Cathey |Inet: dav...@mx.montagar.com

You're right...I forgot the main ingredient - total devotion to the god of
commercialism.

Nat

David.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97
to Natalie
Natalie, you have got to be a socialist. What with all your posts,
the anti-business, anti-capitalism you have expressed would indicate
that you are. Did you vote for Big Brother Bill Klinton?

Ben La Count

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Like MOST political people, he lives of speaking fees and such. He also
has many book that mainly blacks buy. Louis Farrakhan is another of the
same but with a different twist. I dislike both of these "gentlemen" as
I personally feel they do far more damage than good. Now, there are many
role models for blacks better than them. And before you jump to the
conclusion I'm anti-black, I'm not. I think that if a business is found
to have discriminated against ANY type of person, black, white, asian,
latino, gay, etc...that they should face the music. I ALSO think that a
business should not have to give special treatment TO any of the same.

A good story I heard on this goes like this:

A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
walks into a local builders office and tells him his employee roster
isn't up to snuff. He has 25 employees mixed like this: 15 white, 8
mexican, 2 black. He must at least two more blacks or be faced with a
discrimination lawsuit. The owner looks at this guy, gets his name and
then walks outside and calls the 25 employees over to a group around
them both. He then tells all 25 that he has decided to shut down his
business because Mr. Quota is going to sue him for not having enough
blacks on his payroll and that they are all now laid off. He wished them
well finding another job and told them to be sure to get their 60% of
pay unemployment stated ASAP. The government guy swallowed hard and told
the owner he was mistaken in his "review" and asked REAL nice if the
owner would just continue to run his operation how he saw fit. Of course
having 25 pissed off construction works all looking at you mean like
MIGHT have had something to do with it too....

I know that the above is a generalization but, it is a very real
happening when anti-discrimination is taken TOO far. Not having enough
of it is not quite as bad as having too much. Moderation is the best
course...

My humble opinions...

Ben

--
Send replies to:

Sim...@worldnet.att.net

Reply to changed to stop spammers.

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

In article <3389B7...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> Natalie, you have got to be a socialist. What with all your posts,
> the anti-business, anti-capitalism you have expressed would indicate
> that you are. Did you vote for Big Brother Bill Klinton?

David, has anyone told you today that you're an idiot? If not, please
let me be the first.

David, you're an idiot.

--
Send replies to: Salzberg[AT]Flash.Net
(Substitute "@" for "[AT]")

Karl Chase Sr.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

On Fri, 23 May 1997 08:55:22 -0500, "Dav." <davi...@flash.net> wrote:

>***Olin Murrell wrote:
>***
>***> Now, I'll grant you that a flag is just a symbol. It means something to
>***> you, but it also means something altogether different to others.
>***
>*** Yes, I know. I see the hispanic groups marching around the Texas
>***Capital building because the "whitey" cut out welfare for aliens. They
>***were carrying the green and white flag with the vulture in the center of
>***it.

David, has another good point... Welfare to illegals, why give them anything?
Send them back where they came from, feed the legal americans first. We owe
Mexico nothing why are we allowing them to collect money from out taxes, they
are not paying them...

Karl Chase Sr.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Perhaps your name should have been Lame...

1. He's not a troll, just believes in what is right.
2. Chucky has been here and always the ass...
3. Nah, the store would be great, we have plenty of open green spaces in Austin
we would not miss that ugly space...

On Fri, 23 May 1997 17:08:53 +0000, Lane Wimberley <la...@austin.ibm.com> wrote:

>***Stephen Whitis wrote:
>***> For someone that claims to be a christian, David sure preaches
>***> hatred more than anything else. Come to think of it, I'm not sure
>***> I've seen him in favor of anything except hatred.
>***
>***I've been trying to figure this one out. I've come up with the
>***following. Let me know what you think.
>***
>***1. David is a troller, and a pretty lame one at that.
>***
>***2. David is trying to fill the slot left by the notably
>*** absent-of-late Chuck Herrick (hey, wait a minute: has anybody
>*** seen the two of them in the same newsgroup at the same time?)
>*** trying to provide the voice of the "Xenophobes are people, too!"
>*** movement.
>***
>***3. Like me, David questions whether it is really such a good
>*** idea to develop the land between Guadalupe, Lamar and 45th,
>*** which is now a rather nice open space. Posing as a racist
>*** and backing Randalls' effort is his attempt to thwart the
>*** project by building public resentment, etc.
>***
>***Hope this helps.
>***
>***Lane Wimberley
>***------------------------------------------------------------------------
>***int _,__;___(int ____,...){putchar(((_-1)["466627266667276620"]*/*/*/16)
>***+(____&0x0f/*/obfuscatedsigcc((/*/));}main(){for(;_["].lt.0;/**_<<=\
>***lsw["];(&(*(&(___))))(_["<Q>%ws@75e;9`CY'.:"],_++-++__,"*/\"/\*"));}

Karl Chase Sr.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

On 22 May 1997 23:40:43 -0500, o...@cs.utexas.edu (Norman Richards) wrote:

>***> Looks like you'll just have to get used to the "white-bread-honkey" way
>***>around here. Its coming down the road: 1836 all over again. The
>***>Mexicans want things one way, and the "white-bread-honkies" want it
>***>another.
>***
>*** Ok, everybody sing!
>***
>*** If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
>*** If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
>*** If you're a racist and you know it, then your life should surely show it
>*** If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
>***

Oh shut up, David is correct and you bloody well know it... It's not racist to
believe in and support your own race... And one does not have to like, nor give
preference to other races...
>***___________________________________________________________________________
>***o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria
>***

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

In article <3394d9bc...@news.onr.com>, Ima...@onr.com says...

> 1. He's not a troll, just believes in what is right.

Oh, there's no doubt that David believes he's right (as opposed to
"believes in what's right" - we *all* feel our beliefs are "right").

The sad thing is that he's devoted no thought or intellect to developing
his beliefs; he's merely latched on the some catch phrases (which he
mindlessly parrots hear) that support what he wants to believe.

Karl Chase Sr.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Well stated.... bravo

On Mon, 26 May 1997 11:30:30 -0500, Ben La Count <ro...@cyberpromo.com> wrote:

> [...]
>***business because Mr. Quota is going to sue him for not having enough
>***blacks on his payroll and that they are all now laid off. He wished them
>***well finding another job and told them to be sure to get their 60% of
>***pay unemployment stated ASAP. The government guy swallowed hard and told
>***the owner he was mistaken in his "review" and asked REAL nice if the
>***owner would just continue to run his operation how he saw fit. Of course
>***having 25 pissed off construction works all looking at you mean like
>***MIGHT have had something to do with it too....
>***
>***I know that the above is a generalization but, it is a very real
>***happening when anti-discrimination is taken TOO far. Not having enough
>***of it is not quite as bad as having too much. Moderation is the best

Karl Chase Sr.

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Actually management can "say squat" if you eat their grapes without paying for
them, after all the is stealing...

On Sat, 24 May 1997 04:54:17 -0500, May <sha...@concentric.net> wrote:

> [...]
>***honorable.
>***Then he died. So his kids decided to sell alcohol and beer in all the
>***stores after all, but continues to lock up the condoms.
>***
>***Get the picture. They cater to the upper-middle class of the south, so
>***of course they have to keep the store white, shiny and devoid of the
>***richness of culture that the people of Texas contribute. In other words,
>***you've been suckered in. If they could grab at the ethnic markets that
>***actually tends to produce more profit, they'd abandon you in a second.
>***
>***Final BTW, the Randalls in certain areas of Houston carry ethnic foods,
>***to try and compete for the upper-mid class professional asians.
>***We do graze our grapes there and the management can't say squat.

Olin Murrell

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

No, I'm afraid David has NO point at all. It's all well and good to lay
the blame for this nation's woes on the backs of welfare recipients, and
maybe they do share a LOT of the blame for it. But, it is entirely
another matter to publicly identify ALL hispanics as "foreigners," and
"welfare recipients," as David, and you by extension, have done
repeatedly.

As far as citizenship in the USA is concerned, correct me if I'm wrong
but it seems to be determined by birth. IF a person is born here,
they're entitled to citizenship here. The fact is that many of the
recipients of US welfare are children who were born here. Never mind
that their mothers raced pall mall to get here, and maybe even
illegally. The child had nothing to do with that decision, and I rather
suspect you'd take the same course of action were circumstances
reversed.

While we're on the subject of Mexico though, yeah we do sort of "owe
Mexico" something. We owe them exactly the same respect you would give
to your nextdoor neighbor, and DEMAND in return.

It is the all-or-nothing political rhetoric of both the hard-core left
AND right that's gotten us to this point, my friend... nothing less. The
extremes ARE important, but both are dangerous when we start listening
to them to the exclusion of all others.

Norman Richards

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

In article <3392d812...@news.onr.com>,

Karl Chase Sr. <Ima...@onr.com> wrote:
>>> Looks like you'll just have to get used to the "white-bread-honkey" way
>>>around here. Its coming down the road: 1836 all over again. The
>>>Mexicans want things one way, and the "white-bread-honkies" want it
>>>another.

>> If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
>
> Oh shut up, David is correct and you bloody well know it...

I "bloody well know" David is correct? "1836 all over again"? "The

Mexicans want things one way, and the 'white-bread-honkies' want it

another"?

Hahahaha.... Are you really aligning yourself with David's paranoid
delusions? Is that the sounding of clapping I hear?

> It's not racist to believe in and support your own race...
> And one does not have to like, nor give preference to other races...

To even word these sentences like this makes you sound like a
racist. To even talk about liking or disliking a race is ridiculous.
You like or dislike individuals, not races.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that by "give
preference to other races" you are really meaning "give preference to
anyone on the basis of race". If so, I will agree with you on that.

o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria

David Cathey (Remove MX to mail)

May 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/26/97

Natalie wrote:
> >> Predictably white - a follower of the Yuppie mentally - the belief and the
> >> behavior which springs from said belief that the more money and status a
> >> person attains the more worth as a human being...ie. The American Dream as
> >> promoted by the current power structure, which is WHITE in racial
> >> majority.
> >
> > Power... Money... Status... Does this make Dennis Rodman
> >an albino? Does this make the Dallas Cowboys an all-"white" ball team?
> >
> > Sorry, but your concept that "money, power, status" are "white"
> >traits seems a little ms. guided. The desire to attain these things
> >can be seen thoughout the history of all races.
>
> You're right...I forgot the main ingredient - total devotion to the god of
> commercialism.

Money, Power, Status, but wait there's more? Commercialism now?
So you completely evaded the question, but now want to include
commercialism
as some "predictibly white" trait in order to pretend that blacks and
other
races aren't happily involved? I'd say that Rodman's endorsements are
pretty much worshiping the God of Commercialism, so the "main
ingredient"
doesn't seem to provide the distinction.

Why does this have to be a "white"/"non-white" thing for you?
How do you forsee a non-commercialist society working (some working
examples would be nice, too)?

David L. Cathey |Inet: dav...@mx.montagar.com

Natalie

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

>Natalie wrote:
>>
>> In article <33880FC3...@mx.montagar.com>, "David Cathey (Remove MX
>> to mail)" <dav...@mx.montagar.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Sorry, but your concept that "money, power, status" are "white"
>> >traits seems a little ms. guided. The desire to attain these things
>> >can be seen thoughout the history of all races.
>> >

>> >- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> >David L. Cathey |Inet: dav...@mx.montagar.com
>>

>> You're right...I forgot the main ingredient - total devotion to the god of
>> commercialism.
>>

>> Nat

> Natalie, you have got to be a socialist. What with all your posts,
>the anti-business, anti-capitalism you have expressed would indicate
>that you are. Did you vote for Big Brother Bill Klinton?

Well, I'm only bothering to answer this at all because you amuse me in
some perverse way. Weird.

FYI, no I'm not anti-business...whatever that is. And I am not
anti-capitalism. I don't think that capitalism and commercialism are one
in the same anyway.

I guess you missed the point of what I was saying to you and it probably
wouldn't be worth the effort to repeat myself...so I won't.

Natalie

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Natalie wrote:

> Well, I'm only bothering to answer this at all because you amuse me in
> some perverse way.

Hmmm, that is an unusual response. I am not sure that I want to
understand your what you meant by "perverse way".
There sure seems to be a few folks around here who could benefit from an
economy tube of Preperation H.

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97
to Norman Richards

Norman Richards wrote:

> >> If you're a racist and you know it, clap your hands. (clap clap)
> >
> > Oh shut up, David is correct and you bloody well know it...
>
> I "bloody well know" David is correct? "1836 all over again"? "The
> Mexicans want things one way, and the 'white-bread-honkies' want it
> another"?
>
> Hahahaha.... Are you really aligning yourself with David's paranoid
> delusions? Is that the sounding of clapping I hear?
>
> > It's not racist to believe in and support your own race...
> > And one does not have to like, nor give preference to other races...
>
> To even word these sentences like this makes you sound like a
> racist. To even talk about liking or disliking a race is ridiculous.
> You like or dislike individuals, not races.

You are so caught up in political correctness! You can like or
dislike anything you want in this world. I guess though, the left is
now going to control our emotions too. They were not satisfied with
just controlling our thoughts with political correctness.

Why do you suppose it is that most neighborhoods in the country are
divided up along racial lines?

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Karl Chase Sr. wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 1997 08:55:22 -0500, "Dav." <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>
> >***Olin Murrell wrote:
> >***
> >***> Now, I'll grant you that a flag is just a symbol. It means something to
> >***> you, but it also means something altogether different to others.
> >***
> >*** Yes, I know. I see the hispanic groups marching around the Texas
> >***Capital building because the "whitey" cut out welfare for aliens. They
> >***were carrying the green and white flag with the vulture in the center of
> >***it.
>
> David, has another good point... Welfare to illegals, why give them anything?
> Send them back where they came from, feed the legal americans first. We owe
> Mexico nothing why are we allowing them to collect money from out taxes, they
> are not paying them...

And before someone jumps in on this, the key word here is ILLEGAL.
Send'em back if they cannot be bothered to come here through normal
legal channels.

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Ben La Count wrote:

> lar...@swbell.net wrote:
> >
> > Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <33886D...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> > > Gosh, could it be because they think people should be treated fairly?
> > >
> > > Jeff, who doesn't particularly like Jesse Jackson
> > > --

> > > Send replies to: Salzberg[AT]Flash.Net
> > > (Substitute "@" for "[AT]")
> > >

> > How does Jesse Jackson earn a living? Who pay him?
>
> Like MOST political people, he lives of speaking fees and such. He also
> has many book that mainly blacks buy. Louis Farrakhan is another of the
> same but with a different twist. I dislike both of these "gentlemen" as
> I personally feel they do far more damage than good. Now, there are many
> role models for blacks better than them. And before you jump to the
> conclusion I'm anti-black, I'm not. I think that if a business is found
> to have discriminated against ANY type of person, black, white, asian,
> latino, gay, etc...that they should face the music. I ALSO think that a
> business should not have to give special treatment TO any of the same.
>
> A good story I heard on this goes like this:
>
> A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
> walks into a local builders office and tells him his employee roster
> isn't up to snuff. He has 25 employees mixed like this: 15 white, 8
> mexican, 2 black. He must at least two more blacks or be faced with a
> discrimination lawsuit. The owner looks at this guy, gets his name and
> then walks outside and calls the 25 employees over to a group around
> them both. He then tells all 25 that he has decided to shut down his
> business because Mr. Quota is going to sue him for not having enough
> blacks on his payroll and that they are all now laid off. He wished them
> well finding another job and told them to be sure to get their 60% of
> pay unemployment stated ASAP. The government guy swallowed hard and told
> the owner he was mistaken in his "review" and asked REAL nice if the
> owner would just continue to run his operation how he saw fit. Of course
> having 25 pissed off construction works all looking at you mean like
> MIGHT have had something to do with it too....
>
> I know that the above is a generalization but, it is a very real
> happening when anti-discrimination is taken TOO far. Not having enough
> of it is not quite as bad as having too much. Moderation is the best
> course...
>
> My humble opinions...
>
> Ben

Good story Ben. I am believe that if you're the owner of the
business, its nobodys business who you hire, and espeicailly the silly
goofs in Washington.

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:

> In article <3394d9bc...@news.onr.com>, Ima...@onr.com says...
>
> > 1. He's not a troll, just believes in what is right.
>
> Oh, there's no doubt that David believes he's right (as opposed to
> "believes in what's right" - we *all* feel our beliefs are "right").
>
> The sad thing is that he's devoted no thought or intellect to developing
> his beliefs; he's merely latched on the some catch phrases (which he
> mindlessly parrots hear) that support what he wants to believe.

Jeff, I hope you have a great day today.

Norman Richards

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <338B05...@flash.net>, David. <davi...@flash.net> wrote:
>> To even word these sentences like this makes you sound like a
>> racist. To even talk about liking or disliking a race is ridiculous.
>> You like or dislike individuals, not races.
>
> You are so caught up in political correctness!

You are so totally off the mark. You know nothing about me and what
I believe in. I certainly hold no allegiance to the so-called
politically correct crowd.

> You can like or dislike anything you want in this world. [...]

To "dislike" a race makes no sense. Besides the color of their
skin, there is almost nothing in common to all members of a racial
group. If people of a certain race are as diverse in their beliefs,
actions and lifestyles as people of any other race, how can you
possibly find something to dislike about them? To make such a
statement is intellectually dishonest. It says, "I don't have the
intellectual capacity to judge people based on their merit but instead
judge them on the color of their skin". This is wrong.

This is exactly what you (I believe it was you - maybe it was Karl)
were complaining about on the topic of affirmative action - about the
(in this case) hiring of someone not based on merit but based on skin
color.

If you can "dislike" a race, I think all of us in austin.general
would love to know what races you "dislike" and your reasons for those
emotions.

> Why do you suppose it is that most neighborhoods in the country are
>divided up along racial lines?

Why do you suppose that you must make such sweeping generalizations?
To divide things like this on the basis of race is a sign of racism.

For what it is worth - my experience has not been that neighborhoods
are divided along racial lines. I've never lived in such a place. I
have lived in places where the division was economic. And I have seen
a few neighborhoods where the primary division was cultural. But
never have I seen a neighborhood where the division was racial and
could not me more appropriately explained by economic or cultural
factors.

BTW - I can't seem to find the paragraph in your message where
you explain how neighborhood divisions are related to the topic we
were discussing. Maybe you forgot to type it? Maybe one of those
minorities snuck onto USENET and stole it? Wouldn't that be just
like them? I mean, if they would resort to grazing fruit, who knows
what else they would do!!!

o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria

Ted Samsel

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

David. (davi...@flash.net) wrote:

: Send'em back if they cannot be bothered to come here through normal
: legal channels.

You obviously didn't grow up in South Texas sonny boy.

--
Ted Samsel....tejas@infi.net
"do the boogie woogie in the South American way"
Rhumba Boogie- Hank Snow (1955)

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Olin Murrell wrote:

>But, it is entirely
> another matter to publicly identify ALL hispanics as "foreigners," and
> "welfare recipients," as David, and you by extension, have done
> repeatedly.

Olin, I do not care one little bit what the folks in Mexico like or
dislike about the USA. We have fed them and given them money many times
when that money should have gone to benefit Americans first. Now, as
far as I can tell, there are Americans who have various colors of skin.
Yes, it is true that there are lots of Americans with brown skin who do
favor Mexico more than America for some reason, but still they are
Americans.
When I describe the problems with illegal aliens in America, I am
refering only to those people who enter the country without our
permission. They must be rounded up and deported promptly. Although,
with Big Brother Bill in the Whitehouse, I am sure he is not about to
deport huge numbers of potential democrats.
Welfare has been a big reason people enter this country illegally. Paul
Harvey recently described a situation in Brownsville Texas: A Mexican
woman in labor waited as long as she could before she crossed the river
into America so that her baby would automatically become an american
citizen. This would likely entitle here to public welfare and medical
care at the expense of American citizens. Then, once the child became
an adult, he could bring his extended family into the USA because of his
automatic citizenship.
Its time for a big fence along the border.

Scott Ashcraft

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

| You are so caught up in political correctness! You can like or
| dislike anything you want in this world. I guess though, the left is
| now going to control our emotions too. They were not satisfied with
| just controlling our thoughts with political correctness.

You can certainly choose to hate whoever you want to. The rest of us can
then call you ignorant (that's being polite) for hating somebody, knowing
nothing about them but the color of their skin. Do you likewise hate white
people who have very dark tans?

| Why do you suppose it is that most neighborhoods in the country are
| divided up along racial lines?

Because racism has resulted in whole groups of people being held back
economically over long periods of time. Of course, your statement is not
entirely true anyway. Both of my neighbors are African-American, and I am
caucasian.

Rick Russell

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <3389BA...@cyberpromo.com>,

Ben La Count <Em...@begining.of.mes> wrote:
> A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
> walks into a local builders office and tells him his employee roster
> isn't up to snuff. He has 25 employees mixed like this: 15 white, 8
> mexican, 2 black. He must at least two more blacks or be faced with a

Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
free to hire and fire who he sees fit.

Rick R.

Norman Richards

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <338B08...@flash.net>, David. <davi...@flash.net> wrote:

> [...] I am refering only to those people who enter the

> country without our permission. They must be rounded up and
> deported promptly.

Yes, otherwise, we will have no fruit left at the fruitstands due to
illegal immigrant grazing. If the flood of illegal immigrants isn't
stopped, we will have no fruit left in 10 years!!!

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <338B03...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> Good story Ben. I am believe that if you're the owner of the
> business, its nobodys business who you hire, and espeicailly the silly
> goofs in Washington.

That's as may be, but it's well document that you "are believe" many
things that aren't true.

--
Send replies to: Salzberg[AT]Flash.Net
(Substitute "@" for "[AT]")

David.

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Really? Well someone needs to tell that to the crowd that sued
Texaco, Chevron, Randalls, etc. etc. etc.

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <338B70...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...

> > Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
> > is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
> > isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
> > free to hire and fire who he sees fit.
> >
> > Rick R.
>
> Really? Well someone needs to tell that to the crowd that sued
> Texaco, Chevron, Randalls, etc. etc. etc.

David, please read more carefully. The context of the above clearly
indicates that the term "free" meant "from government interference". It
had absolutely no reference to civil actions.

Hope this helps.

Ben La Count

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:

> In article <338B70...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...
>
> > > Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
> > > is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
> > > isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
> > > free to hire and fire who he sees fit.
> > >
> > > Rick R.
> >
> > Really? Well someone needs to tell that to the crowd that sued
> > Texaco, Chevron, Randalls, etc. etc. etc.
>
> David, please read more carefully. The context of the above clearly
> indicates that the term "free" meant "from government interference". It
> had absolutely no reference to civil actions.
>
> Hope this helps.

This is true Jeff but I refer you to my original post which made NO
mention of "governmental contracts". Too often Affirmative Action is
used against businesses that have NO discrimitory practices. Also, it
plays heavily in college where federal funding is tantimount even over
tuition. Why should I be allowed into a college based on my skin color
if I didn't score higher than others who are going to be denied entry
because of theirs?

Ben

Ben La Count

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Rick Russell wrote:

> In article <3389BA...@cyberpromo.com>,
> Ben La Count <Em...@begining.of.mes> wrote:
> > A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
> > walks into a local builders office and tells him his employee roster
> > isn't up to snuff. He has 25 employees mixed like this: 15 white, 8
> > mexican, 2 black. He must at least two more blacks or be faced with a
>
> Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
> is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
> isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
> free to hire and fire who he sees fit.
>
> Rick R.

Incorrect. Just ask Randalls, Denny's, and quite a few colleges about
this. It may not be criminal but under Affirmative Action, ANYTIME a
company doesn't have "enough" of a certain type of person they are
subject to government interference. Sad fact is that no one has to have
filed a lawsuit for it to happen, just call the local politition and
away it goes. Jew Don Boney is a GREAT example of this here in Houston.
All too often the club of Discrimination is used for special treatment.
There are enough laws on the books now to stop discrimination if they
are enforced. We do not need more government intrusion into our lives.
Also, you didn't seem to get the idea behind my post either. It was that
hiring a person because they are a certain race/sex/religion (etc) is as
wrong (read DISCRIMINATORY) as NOT hiring them based on the same thing.
EITHER is basing the hiring descision on something that should have no
bearing on it.

Ben

Jeffrey E. Salzberg

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

In article <338B7F...@cyberpromo.com>, ro...@cyberpromo.com says...
> Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:

>Why should I be allowed into a college based on my skin color
> if I didn't score higher than others who are going to be denied entry
> because of theirs?

The answer -- in a nutshell -- is that you shouldn't. That was never the
original intent of affirmative action. AA was designed to correct
instances of discrimination which were obvious but circumstantial (for
example, a university which had no written policy against admitting Black
students but which nevertheless admitted almost none). To the extent to
which AA has been misinterpreted -- if, indeed, lesser-qualified people
are taking precedence over more-qualified people -- then it should indeed
be revised.

Now it's your turn -- I'd be interested in hearing first-hand (Note to
David, et.al.: that means specific instances with details -- not "friend-
of-a-friend" or "I heard it on Rush") accounts of cases where AA has
penalized the better-qualified.

Reuben King

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

[This followup was posted to austin.general and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

> Rick Russell wrote:
> >
> > In article <3389BA...@cyberpromo.com>,
> > Ben La Count <Em...@begining.of.mes> wrote:
> > > A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
> > > walks into a local builders office and tells him his employee roster
> > > isn't up to snuff. He has 25 employees mixed like this: 15 white, 8
> > > mexican, 2 black. He must at least two more blacks or be faced with a
> >
> > Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
> > is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
> > isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
> > free to hire and fire who he sees fit.
> >
> > Rick R.
>

> Really? Well someone needs to tell that to the crowd that sued
> Texaco, Chevron, Randalls, etc. etc. etc.

Well, Rick's point is still valid-- Discrimination is a civil matter, not
a criminal one. Hence the folks *sued* Chevron/Randalls/et al

--

Reuben King <reu...@texas.net>
Homepage: http://lonestar.texas.net/~reuben

Ben La Count

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:

> In article <338B7F...@cyberpromo.com>, ro...@cyberpromo.com says...
> > Jeffrey E. Salzberg wrote:
>
> >Why should I be allowed into a college based on my skin color
> > if I didn't score higher than others who are going to be denied entry
> > because of theirs?
>
> The answer -- in a nutshell -- is that you shouldn't. That was never the
> original intent of affirmative action. AA was designed to correct
> instances of discrimination which were obvious but circumstantial (for
> example, a university which had no written policy against admitting Black
> students but which nevertheless admitted almost none). To the extent to
> which AA has been misinterpreted -- if, indeed, lesser-qualified people
> are taking precedence over more-qualified people -- then it should indeed
> be revised.

And that is what is happening. The old Affirmative Action has served its
purpose and is no longer needed. The quota system that the government
uses is not a good thing and allowing minorities (or anyone) to claim
special treatment under it is wrong. Enforce the laws we have on the
books now, as in the Texaco case. Don't make it where the dreams of
Martin Luther King Jr and the founders of the Civil Rights Movement are
twisted into nothing more than a crutch and excuse for slovenliness.

> Now it's your turn -- I'd be interested in hearing first-hand (Note to
> David, et.al.: that means specific instances with details -- not "friend-
> of-a-friend" or "I heard it on Rush") accounts of cases where AA has
> penalized the better-qualified.

Well, I'm not David but, here goes:

First account concerns a white college student in South Carolina who
wanted to join the Univ. of SC to become a lawyer. His application was
denied to Law school because under federal guidelines, they had to place
a black student in the slot despite the white student scoring higher on
the entrance exam than six other students (two white, one latino and
three black I believe).

Second account concerns the Houston Public Works department. In the 1994
survey of jobs, it was found that due to Affirmative Action quotas,
alomst 65% of the labor force was black males and females. This occured
because whenever a black worker was disiplined, 80% of the time the
worker would file a discrimination complaint with the grievance board
and have the disiplining manager remove the disiplinary action claiming
that they were being singled out due to their being black and the
managers white. Of the other 20% most were found to be a black or other
minority managers that could fight the complaint on better grounds. Few
times could a white manager (male or female) make the action stick. This
resulted in blacks being hired more and more as the jobs became open due
to reclassification of work by the federal government over the ten year
period of the study. Now, the black workers are complaining that they
are losing jobs because the quotas are working AGAINST them. More asian
and hispanic workers are having to be hired to replace those that leave
or new jobs that come open.

Last one I have heard of, not first hand. It comes from the wife of my
best friend. She witnessed it, not me but, I have no reason not to
believe her. She works in the Texas Employment Commission office as a
data entry/processor. There was a black female that worked in the same
office. The common practice was for each worker to have to process a
certain number of inquiries per week. The black female not only never
made her quota, she laughed about it saying that they couldn't fire her
because she was black and female. When this was brought to the managers
attention, she told the employee that the black woman was basically
correct unless they could find another black female to fill her place
due to the quota requirements for the office. Thus, the work she didn't
do was shifted to others in the office. The final result of this one was
that another black female was hired and within a month, the original one
was laid off due to lack of efficiency. Therefore, AA served no one well
in this case as ALL suffered.

I know the above examples may not be a "smoking gun" to most and I am
more than willing to grant they might well be rare but, I have heard of
many more such cases. My point is this:

Affirmative Action has been a very good rule since it was started and
has served the people of the US well but, its time is over. There are
enough laws on the books right now to stop discrimination in its tracks
if they are enforced. If AA is continued, it becomes nothing more than a
reverse discrimination law where the ones it seeks to help are given
special treatment over others. Right now the Gay and Lesbian Caucus is
calling for their "rights" to be protected just like minorities "rights"
are protected under AA. Where will we stop this foolishness? When nobody
is willing to invest in the US? When no businessman is willing to start
a business here? Haven't enough businesses already moved out of our
bounderies without adding to the reasons for them to leave?

Again, telling someone they aren't going to get a job because of who
they are is just as wrong as telling them that they got the job for the
same reason. At least, in my humble opinion it is.

Ben

--
Send replies to:

Sim...@worldnet.att.net

Ben La Count

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Rick Russell wrote:

> In article <338B7F...@cyberpromo.com>,
> Ben La Count <Em...@end.of.mes> wrote:
> > This is true Jeff but I refer you to my original post which made NO
>
> In your original post, you said,

> > A guy from the local government enforcement branch of "Quota's R Us"
>
> That's why I asked. You imply that some sort of Quota Police are
> actively seeking out independent businesses and attempting to bring
> some sort of civil action against them.

No, I implied that when a law enforcement agency is used to try to
enforce quotas that it can very easily HURT more than help. Civil
lawsuits do exactly that. In some cases its justified, in others its not
but the cost is still there.

> It's _individuals_ that bring civil actions against businesses in an
> attempt to redress discrimination. We can blame our legislators for
> creating an environment in which such lawsuits are easy and
> profitable, but that's a far cry from "Quotas R Us".
>
> Rick R.

Not just individuals and not just private businesses. All that has to
happen right now is for a minority to complain to a local politition for
a huge storm to start over discrimination. It is those same legislators
that are allowing Affirmative Action to be taken too far and THAT is why
it needs to be taken away. Its time is over. Quotas are being used "to
make sure everyone is being treated fairly."

I will give you an example I have first hand knowledge of:

There is a Latino Sheriff's Caucus. There is a Black Sheriff's Caucus.
But, when the Caucasian Sherriff's Deputies created a Caucasian
Sheriff's Causus, the Latino and Black officers complained to several
county commissioners, the sheriff and city council members (Jew Don
Boney was the most vocal) stating it was a racist group. It resulted in
a court fight and the judge ruled that the white officers were NOT
allowed to form the caucus. He said that under affirmative action, the
minority groups could but that the white officers were already
represented by the sheriff's union. Now, ALL the sherriff's deputies
were members of the union. Why were the minorities allowed to have a
separate caucus and the whites were not? Note, the white officers were
just trying to form the SAME groups the others had formed and were
FORCED to disband or be fired.

Ben La Count

May 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/27/97

Reuben King wrote:

> [This followup was posted to austin.general and a copy was sent to the
> cited author.]
>
> In article <338B70...@flash.net>, davi...@flash.net says...
> > Rick Russell wrote:

> > > Under what law is this government official operating? Discrimination
> > > is a civil matter, not a criminal one. As long as Mr. Businessman
> > > isn't interested in competing for government contracts, he's perfectly
> > > free to hire and fire who he sees fit.
> > >
> > > Rick R.
> >
> > Really? Well someone needs to tell that to the crowd that sued
> > Texaco, Chevron, Randalls, etc. etc. etc.
> >

> Well, Rick's point is still valid-- Discrimination is a civil matter, not
> a criminal one. Hence the folks *sued* Chevron/Randalls/et al

Yes, it is a civil matter, not a criminal one but, that does not change
anything concerning how Affirmative Action is being used in today's
society. It is still being ABUSED instead of used. Its time has come and
gone. The simple fact that Texaco, Denny's, Randalls (etc) CAN be sued
is proof of that but, when the threat of lawsuit is used to gain special
treatment, its just as bad as discrimination.

Ben

David.

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97
to Ted Samsel

Actually, I grew up all over Texas sonny boy. And, I have no idea what
your trying to get at. But, if aliens come here illegally, packem up
and send'em back right away. The Black Avenger Ken Hamblin, a good
friend, and very conservative American says that we need to place them
on road work gangs for six months prior to putting them on the lime
green bus.
Ken may be right. Making illegals work hard for six months would slow
the flow in all states! I bet there would be lots more American flags
being burned south of the border!

Olin Murrell

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97

David. wrote:

> Olin Murrell wrote:
>
> >But, it is entirely
> > another matter to publicly identify ALL hispanics as "foreigners," and
> > "welfare recipients," as David, and you by extension, have done
> > repeatedly.
>
> Olin, I do not care one little bit what the folks in Mexico like or
> dislike about the USA. We have fed them and given them money many times
> when that money should have gone to benefit Americans first. Now, as
> far as I can tell, there are Americans who have various colors of skin.
> Yes, it is true that there are lots of Americans with brown skin who do
> favor Mexico more than America for some reason, but still they are
> Americans.

Well finally! A bone thrown to the teeming masses.

> When I describe the problems with illegal aliens in America, I am

> refering only to those people who enter the country without our

> permission. They must be rounded up and deported promptly. Although,
> with Big Brother Bill in the Whitehouse, I am sure he is not about to
> deport huge numbers of potential democrats.

Well, that's the point, but David, this is the FIRST time I've seen one
of your posts decry "illegals" as opposed to "Mexicans," without
deliniating(sp?) even the slightest bit.

And, give me a break with that "Big Brother" nonsense. There has not
been even one single politician of ANY stripe in the last century that
I'm aware of who's contributed anything but mindless rhetoric to the
border debates. On that front, Slick's no better / no worse than anyone
else you'd care to name.

And, don't bring forth any of the ridiculous notions to "close" the
borders. They're not going to pass, and if they do, NO ONE in this
nation is going to like how they'll have to be enforced.

> Welfare has been a big reason people enter this country illegally. Paul
> Harvey recently described a situation in Brownsville Texas: A Mexican
> woman in labor waited as long as she could before she crossed the river
> into America so that her baby would automatically become an american
> citizen. This would likely entitle here to public welfare and medical
> care at the expense of American citizens. Then, once the child became
> an adult, he could bring his extended family into the USA because of his
> automatic citizenship.

Excuse me, but is there an echo in here? I think, David, that I said as
much in my original post. I ALSO said that, in no way whatsoever, is the
fault of the child, something your comfortable Chicago correspondent
almost always fails to mention. Much as I like Paul Harvey's style, and
story telling ability, one really does need to remember that what he
does is comment, NOT report. He's usually late on breaking news, and as
often as not, wrong.

> Its time for a big fence along the border.

Oh, good Lord!

Yeah, that's right "neighborly," all righty! Whatcha gonna use dat fence
for? Hmmm? Keeping folks out, OR, as has been the case in almost every
other instance of such folderol, keeping them IN?

--
Olin Murrell
Austin, Texas

David.

May 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/28/97
Yes, and it appears that lawsuits are being used in a very aggresive
way by some blacks to gain large settlements. What are the reasons for
this? Is this a fad? Could it be envy?

It is loading more messages.