Drunken Post . . ignore

1 view

Lonnie D. Durham

Dec 30, 2000, 10:41:09 PM12/30/00
I'm just going to rant because I'm tired of lame ass yankees moving to TX.

I want a new bumper sticker: something that reads

"When in Texas, treat us like Texans or we might just beat the fuck outta
ya"

"Texans treat other people with respect, or we shoot 'em"

"In Texas we respect other people, if you have a problem with that, I'll see
you on death row."

Regards,

Lonnie

Steve Wertz

Dec 30, 2000, 11:15:54 PM12/30/00
"Lonnie D. Durham" wrote:

> I'm just going to rant because I'm tired of lame ass yankees moving to TX.

Speaking of New York, I just picked up a frozen NY Pizza at Central
Market. This is a real 18" kosher NY pizza baked in the the garment
district for $10.99. It's the only frozen pizza I'd buy twice. Turn
the oven up full blast and pop 4 (going on 5) slices on the rack for for
4 minutes, and you got yerself some decent pizza.
http://www.flyingpizzas.com

Oh. I'm sorry Lonnie .. what were you saying?

-sw

M. Whittington

Dec 31, 2000, 2:26:38 AM12/31/00

That's a bit harsh. I've met a good number of Northeasterners who
have relocated to Texas, and many who are just visiting. It doesn't
take most of them to realize the "we don't give a damn how you did
it up north", and start eating chili and jalapenos and grits, and
liking it! Sad to say, I've met far too many native Texans who I'd
just as soon shoot as look at. I don't think we need to be this
extremist. However, the chief of police in Houston once said, "A
yankee is like hemorrhoids. If they come down and go back up, every-
thing is fine. If they come down to stay, they can be a real pain
in the ass." While amusing, it was somewhat off the mark, at least
in my opinion.

Treat people well, and they'll generally respond in kind. Treat them
like animals, and you pretty much get what you paid for.

Tracey-Levin

Dec 31, 2000, 2:54:19 AM12/31/00

"M. Whittington" wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:41:09 -0600, "Lonnie D. Durham"
> <lonnie...@wt.net> wrote:
>
> >I'm just going to rant because I'm tired of lame ass yankees moving to TX.
> >
> >I want a new bumper sticker: something that reads
> >
> >"When in Texas, treat us like Texans or we might just beat the fuck outta
> >ya"
> >
> >"Texans treat other people with respect, or we shoot 'em"
> >
> >"In Texas we respect other people, if you have a problem with that, I'll see
> >you on death row."

Well, now if that were true, all we would have to do is treat yankees and
wetbacks nicely, then everything would be okay, but thats not how things actually
work. Unfortunately, most people who move to Texas don't respect our state, its
history, or its citizens.

I know an MD who told a yankee female patient that she should move back up north,
and he meant every word of it. HA HA!

Tracey---A hugely popular bumper snicker in Houston a few years back......

"If You Ain't Texan, You Ain't "

Well, you know the rest of the story.

Lonnie D. Durham

Dec 31, 2000, 11:18:08 AM12/31/00
Alright, so I was tad bit drunk and really PO'd last night so let me
rephrase.

I was born and raised on "The Right Side of Texas" (East Texas, for any
yankees reading).

I remember well mannered, polite people who treated everybody either like
family or at least had the utmost respect for others.

People, said things like "Sir, Ma'am, Thank you, No thank you, Please,
You're welcome, Good morning, evening, etc."

People would wave to say, "hello" to acknowledge a complete stranger.

If someone made a mistake while driving, they would admit their mistake and
wave to either apologize or do what was needed to let the person know that
they were aware of their mistake. These days it seems like someone will f'up
and then rather than apologize they'll give you the finger instead.

I know the Right Side isn't as heavily populated as Austin or Houston, but
you have to respect how they do things over there. They're good Texas folk.
I hope to see more of those Texas values over here in Austin.

Regards,
Lonnie

"M. Whittington" <st...@eden.com> wrote in message

Tim McGaughy

Dec 30, 2000, 9:33:45 PM12/30/00
in article 3a4f5...@data.wt.net, Lonnie D. Durham at lonnie...@wt.net
wrote on 1/1/01 12:18 AM:

> Alright, so I was tad bit drunk and really PO'd last night so let me
> rephrase.
>
> I was born and raised on "The Right Side of Texas" (East Texas, for any
> yankees reading).
>
> I remember well mannered, polite people who treated everybody either like
> family or at least had the utmost respect for others.

Really? Cos I don't. I remember people with shotguns wandering onto our land
in their holy quest to shoot a deer... in the middle of a subdivision.

I remember tales of Vidor, which was surely not a hotbed of respect for
fellow humans.

> People, said things like "Sir, Ma'am, Thank you, No thank you, Please,
> You're welcome, Good morning, evening, etc."

You're seriously deluded.

> I know the Right Side isn't as heavily populated as Austin or Houston, but
> you have to respect how they do things over there. They're good Texas folk.
> I hope to see more of those Texas values over here in Austin.

Cos Klan meetings where only five people show up just aren't any fun.

brook...@yahoo.com

Dec 31, 2000, 11:21:13 AM12/31/00
In article <3a4f5...@data.wt.net>, lonnie...@wt.net says...
Actually the really rude ones are the folks from California!

Lonnie D. Durham

Dec 31, 2000, 12:09:00 PM12/31/00
Well, one of the reasons that I'm so opposed to rascism is because of an
incident that happened in Vidor when I was young.

My grandmother and grandfather (white Arcadians residing in Vidor) had
invited a black man and his wife from Beaumont to Sunday lunch, at my
grandparent's home in Vidor.

Somehow the Klan got word of this (Vidor is a *very* small town and word
spreads fast) and burnt a cross in my grandparent's front yard, threatening
to burn the house down and kill anyone who ran out. Obvisouly, they didn't
or I wouldn't be here. But the site of a bunch of people masked and dressed
in white, with guns and rifles, and a huge burning cross is enough to make
anybody scared, especially a young kid.

At first, the experience made me rascist towards blacks because it was
"their fault that this happened" to us. As I grew older, I realized that it
wasn't their fault, but the fault of ignorant whites.

Sorry to be so long. But for the most part, people were respectful of
others.

Regards,
Lonnie

"Tim McGaughy" <tee...@jump.net> wrote in message

Tracey-Levin

Dec 31, 2000, 1:04:04 PM12/31/00

brook...@yahoo.com wrote:

Yankees and transplanted yanks from Fla.

Tracey

Tracey-Levin

Dec 31, 2000, 1:03:19 PM12/31/00

"Lonnie D. Durham" wrote:

> Alright, so I was tad bit drunk and really PO'd last night so let me
> rephrase.
>
> I was born and raised on "The Right Side of Texas" (East Texas, for any
> yankees reading).
>
> I remember well mannered, polite people who treated everybody either like
> family or at least had the utmost respect for others.
>
> People, said things like "Sir, Ma'am, Thank you, No thank you, Please,
> You're welcome, Good morning, evening, etc."
>
> People would wave to say, "hello" to acknowledge a complete stranger.
>
> If someone made a mistake while driving, they would admit their mistake and
> wave to either apologize or do what was needed to let the person know that
> they were aware of their mistake. These days it seems like someone will f'up
> and then rather than apologize they'll give you the finger instead.
>
> I know the Right Side isn't as heavily populated as Austin or Houston, but
> you have to respect how they do things over there. They're good Texas folk.
> I hope to see more of those Texas values over here in Austin.
>
> Regards,
> Lonnie

Aint nothing wrong with that idea.

FYI: The situation is so tense in Houston that the improper use of a finger
could get it shot off.

Tracey

Tracey-Levin

Dec 31, 2000, 1:13:07 PM12/31/00

"Lonnie D. Durham" wrote:

> Well, one of the reasons that I'm so opposed to rascism is because of an
> incident that happened in Vidor when I was young.
>
> My grandmother and grandfather (white Arcadians residing in Vidor) had
> invited a black man and his wife from Beaumont to Sunday lunch, at my
> grandparent's home in Vidor.
>
> Somehow the Klan got word of this (Vidor is a *very* small town and word
> spreads fast) and burnt a cross in my grandparent's front yard, threatening
> to burn the house down and kill anyone who ran out. Obvisouly, they didn't
> or I wouldn't be here. But the site of a bunch of people masked and dressed
> in white, with guns and rifles, and a huge burning cross is enough to make
> anybody scared, especially a young kid.
>
> At first, the experience made me rascist towards blacks because it was
> "their fault that this happened" to us. As I grew older, I realized that it
> wasn't their fault, but the fault of ignorant whites.
>
> Sorry to be so long. But for the most part, people were respectful of
> others.
>
> Regards,
> Lonnie

When Jesse or Sharpton, or some would be latino leader makes a remark about
white Americans, what do you think about their racism?

Tracey

Willie Oteri

Dec 31, 2000, 1:08:58 PM12/31/00

<brook...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In article <3a4f5...@data.wt.net>, lonnie...@wt.net says...
> > >
> Actually the really rude ones are the folks from California!

Perhaps you shit all over yourselves.

Lonnie D. Durham

Dec 31, 2000, 1:33:16 PM12/31/00
I put Jesse Jackson and Rev Sharpton is the same category as whites who are
rascist AKA the shit pile.
.
"Tracey-Levin" <trac...@hotbot.com> wrote in message

Lonnie D. Durham

Dec 31, 2000, 1:56:12 PM12/31/00
My mistake. Should have typed, "Acadians."

I'm not too up to date on my French, but people call them "Cajuns" now
anyway.

regards,
Lonnie

"Lonnie D. Durham" <lonnie...@wt.net> wrote in message

Steve Wertz

Dec 31, 2000, 1:57:38 PM12/31/00
Karen Kay wrote:

> Steve Wertz <swe...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> > Speaking of New York, I just picked up a frozen NY Pizza at Central
> > Market.
>
> Do they have Chicago pizza, too?:)

Of course! They carry Mangia's Spinach and Something (Feta?).

-sw

Steve Wertz

Dec 31, 2000, 2:02:07 PM12/31/00
brook...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Actually the really rude ones are the folks from California!

And up yours, too!

-sw

Pokey

Jan 1, 2001, 12:34:52 PM1/1/01

"Steve Wertz" <swe...@rr.com> wrote in message

See? That was rude. You proved Brook's point...Californian's ARE rude.

Tracey-Levin

Jan 1, 2001, 3:20:45 PM1/1/01
Okay, now what pile do you place democratic favorites that are racially biased
such as Affirmative Action, Racial Quotas, etc.?

Tracey

Steve Wertz

Jan 1, 2001, 3:01:03 PM1/1/01

Well, duh, I'm from Piittsburgh Pennsylvania.

-sw

mapanari

Jan 1, 2001, 11:31:52 PM1/1/01
And I always thought they were "coon-asses".

"Lonnie D. Durham" <lonnie...@wt.net> wrote in message

Lonnie D. Durham

Jan 2, 2001, 2:16:39 AM1/2/01

You should already know by now, that I don't usually feed trolls.

OTOH, I will admit that I got a slight bit pissed off the last few days and
even more so today.

I don't want to stereotype Hispanic women, but who do they really think they
are? Do they think that they're above everyone else?

White women, Black women, Jewish women, even Women from California, usually
have respect for other people (even yankees).

Hispanic women, seem to think otherwise. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm
sure I'll find out shortly.

Maria, take care.

Lonnie

"Tracey-Levin" <trac...@hotbot.com> wrote in message

Tracey-Levin

Jan 2, 2001, 4:02:58 AM1/2/01

"Lonnie D. Durham" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You should already know by now, that I don't usually feed trolls.
>
> OTOH, I will admit that I got a slight bit pissed off the last few days and
> even more so today.
>
> I don't want to stereotype Hispanic women, but who do they really think they
> are? Do they think that they're above everyone else?
>
> White women, Black women, Jewish women, even Women from California, usually
> have respect for other people (even yankees).
>
> Hispanic women, seem to think otherwise. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm
> sure I'll find out shortly.
>
> Maria, take care.
>
> Lonnie

Its funny that you should mention this. My brother and some in the office have
been remarking that mexican women are being very rude to them when they have the
occasion to deal with them at fast food joints, or the grocery store, etc.

I noticed that awhile back, but I thought my feelers may be set for ultra
sensitive, so I discounted their rudeness.

But, now other people are saying the same things.

Are the militant groups like La Raza Unida, or LULAC having an effect?

Tracey

Ben Howard

Jan 2, 2001, 5:03:06 AM1/2/01

Lonnie D. Durham wrote in message <3a4f5...@data.wt.net>...

>Alright, so I was tad bit drunk and really PO'd last night so let me
>rephrase.
>
>I was born and raised on "The Right Side of Texas" (East Texas, for any
>yankees reading).
>
>I remember well mannered, polite people who treated everybody either like
>family or at least had the utmost respect for others.
>
>People, said things like "Sir, Ma'am, Thank you, No thank you, Please,
>You're welcome, Good morning, evening, etc."
>
>People would wave to say, "hello" to acknowledge a complete stranger.
>
>If someone made a mistake while driving, they would admit their mistake and
>wave to either apologize or do what was needed to let the person know that
>they were aware of their mistake. These days it seems like someone will
f'up
>and then rather than apologize they'll give you the finger instead.
>
>I know the Right Side isn't as heavily populated as Austin or Houston, but
>you have to respect how they do things over there. They're good Texas folk.
>I hope to see more of those Texas values over here in Austin.
>
>Regards,
>Lonnie

The left side of Texas is still like that, too. Austin is another
country within Texas. I travelled around central Texas for a couple of
weeks this fall and never got more than 120 miles from Austin and found
plenty of friendly, respectful people and laid-back places. Texas hasn't
changed a lot outside of the major cities. One bad thing that has changed
is the way many people drive. It isn't just a problem in the big cities.
So much for 'Drive Friendly'. No one knows how to pass safely anymore, it
just isn't considered.

Clay Colwell

Jan 2, 2001, 11:45:03 AM1/2/01
Tracey-Levin <trac...@hotbot.com> wrote:

> Its funny that you should mention this. My brother and
> some in the office have
> been remarking that mexican women are being very rude to
> them when they have the
> occasion to deal with them at fast food joints, or the grocery store, etc.

> I noticed that awhile back, but I thought my feelers may be set for ultra
> sensitive, so I discounted their rudeness.

Well, do you say things like

"I always try my best to do right by the coloreds."

or

"I love your complexion! Why, you could pass for white!"?

Steve Wertz

Jan 3, 2001, 12:10:21 AM1/3/01
Clay Colwell wrote:

> Well, do you say things like
>
> "I always try my best to do right by the coloreds."
>
> or
>
> "I love your complexion! Why, you could pass for white!"?

That's Michael Jackson.

-sw

Lonnie D. Durham

Jan 3, 2001, 10:44:00 AM1/3/01
I don't think the 16 year olds even have to take Driver's Education anymore.
Not that those are necessarily the worst drivers.

"Ben Howard" <!!!!@!!!!.!!!!> wrote in message