Best Veggie Sandwich in Austin?

Lance Hartmann

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
I'm your basic carnivore, but on occasion I do enjoy a meatless
meal. Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich?
My top choice to date is the grilled veggie sandwich available from
Hangtown Grill. It seems to have the perfect blend of flavors.
Not only does it have veggies, the sandwich also includes olives
and feta cheese. Yum!

--
Lance Hartmann (la...@jump.net)

J D

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
Brick Oven has a great veggie sandwich, garlic-kie w/bell peppers,
mushrooms, other stuff and mozzarella. Yummy yummy for my tummy.

Victor M. Martinez

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
I don't usually eat veggie stuff, but I tried a couple of veggie
wraps at a new place on Jefferson Square and they were pretty good.
They seem to have a fairly large variety of veggie options, and even
more non-veggie for us carnivores. :)

Cheers.

--
Victor M. Martinez, Jr. | The University of Texas at Austin
mar...@che.utexas.edu | Department of Chemical Engineering

Norman Richards

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
On 8 Apr 1999 09:57:29 -0500, Lance Hartmann <la...@jump.net> wrote:
> Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich? My top
> choice to date is the grilled veggie sandwich available from
> Hangtown Grill. [...]

The grilled vegetable sandwhich is pretty popular in town. There
are two places that I have been recently that I think have good
variations: La Madeleine and Fresh Planet. Also in the central area,
I am fond of the veggie sandwhich at Texadelphia. It is nothing
fancy, but quite tasty.

And, as much as I hate to admit to liking anything in NW Austin
(well, actually La Madeleine and Texadelphia both have NW austin
locations too) I will say that I really love the veggie muffaletta at
Jason's Deli. I just wish the place was not so crowded so I could
actually go there from time to time.

o...@cs.utexas.edu soli deo gloria

jim andrews

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
In article <7eig4p$c...@serv1.jump.net>, la...@jump.net said . . .

> I'm your basic carnivore, but on occasion I do enjoy a meatless
> meal. Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich?

> My top choice to date is the grilled veggie sandwich available from
> Hangtown Grill. It seems to have the perfect blend of flavors.
> Not only does it have veggies, the sandwich also includes olives
> and feta cheese. Yum!

My wife swears by the Hippie sandwich at Shady Grove.

jim andrews

pe...@usa.net

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
On 8 Apr 1999 09:57:29 -0500, la...@jump.net (Lance Hartmann) wrote:

>I'm your basic carnivore, but on occasion I do enjoy a meatless
>meal. Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich?
>My top choice to date is the grilled veggie sandwich available from
>Hangtown Grill. It seems to have the perfect blend of flavors.
>Not only does it have veggies, the sandwich also includes olives
>and feta cheese. Yum!
>

>--
>Lance Hartmann (la...@jump.net)

I guess this counts. Snow Pea's Veggie wraps are great. 2 kinds of
tofu wraps and a spicy eggplant wrap. I'll take them over Hangtown or
Shady Grove any day.

Pete

Janet M Swisher

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99

Lance Hartmann wrote:
> I'm your basic carnivore, but on occasion I do enjoy a meatless
> meal. Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich?

Eggplant sandwich at Hyde Park Bar & Grill. Get it with pesto.

Tri M. Truong

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
Try the flamingo at Magnolia's...avocado and sprouts - what more could you
want?

In article <7eig4p$c...@serv1.jump.net>, la...@jump.net (Lance Hartmann) wrote:
>I'm your basic carnivore, but on occasion I do enjoy a meatless
>meal. Where is your favorite haunt to pick up a veggie sandwich?

>My top choice to date is the grilled veggie sandwich available from
>Hangtown Grill. It seems to have the perfect blend of flavors.
>Not only does it have veggies, the sandwich also includes olives
>and feta cheese. Yum!

If our expectations -- if our fondest prayers and dreams are not realized, then we should all bear in
mind that the greatest glory of living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall
Nelson Mandela