"It is the farewell kiss, you dog,"

1 view

Nomen Nescio

Dec 14, 2008, 6:50:03 PM12/14/08
"It is the farewell kiss, you dog," Muntazer al-Zaidi, a reporter for the Cairo-based Al-Baghdadia television, shouted before throwing his shoes one after the other towards Bush, reported Agence France Presse (AFP).

Lol.
He should have thrown the shoes THEN shouted the insult, he probably had a chance of hitting his head!

Don't let the whitehouse door hit your arse on your way out, Dubya!

kangarooistan

Dec 14, 2008, 7:14:19 PM12/14/08

THE most beautiful statement made this year BY ANY JOURNALIST

This Journalist is a master of his trade

He summed up the entire situation in a "one liner"

Well timed , Short sharp and right on the mark, got the story captured
in one sentence

BEAUTIFUL work

"It is the farewell kiss, you dog," Muntazer al-Zaidi

kanga
====\\

Horry

Dec 14, 2008, 7:27:32 PM12/14/08

Actually, it doesn't make much sense. *What* is the "farewell kiss"?
Does that phrase have some additional meaning to Arabs/Iraqis? Or did he
shout it in Arabic, and the English translation is poor?

Horry

Dec 14, 2008, 7:27:02 PM12/14/08
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:14:19 -0800, kangarooistan wrote:

Actually, it doesn't make much sense. *What* is the "farewell kiss"?

Horry

Dec 14, 2008, 7:26:31 PM12/14/08
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:14:19 -0800, kangarooistan wrote:

Actually, it doesn't make much sense. *What* is the "farewell kiss"?

Neil Gerace

Dec 14, 2008, 7:31:22 PM12/14/08
On Dec 15, 9:26 am, Horry <horacewach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, it doesn't make much sense.  *What* is the "farewell kiss"?
> Does that phrase have some additional meaning to Arabs/Iraqis?  Or did he
> shout it in Arabic, and the English translation is poor?

In Arab cultures (incorrectly reported as 'Arabic culture' on ABC
radio this morning) it is considered an insult if someone shows their
feet to you, apparently.

kangarooistan

Dec 14, 2008, 7:43:31 PM12/14/08

Perhaps it does lose its meaning in english

It is a traditional insult of the highest order in many Muslim
cultures

A farwell of throwing his shoes as Bush was saying goodbye was so well
timed and appropriate

Its a Muslim thing to make your point in a symbolic short statement

Muslim culture adopt many similar situations , that get preserved for
centuries in the culture as very short sharp " stories " that carry a
truck load of meaning if you understand them and this one liner will
soon be included in Muslim " stories " as a one liner with a train
load of meaning
There are entire books full of similar probably true very short
stories each which are pregnant with meaning to those who care to
stop and think

English have very similar short stories that have or did have a
message but are often seen as kids stories now

Like "3 little pigs and" and " red Riding Hood " almost certainly are
lessons presented in short stories , to mention a few very basic
versions

Arabs IMHO , tend to capture the message in very few words , but to
an Arab would need no explanation

I think EVERYBODY got the message in this brave professional
Journalists message

He will win the Journalist of the YEAR for this one line

kanga
=====

Horry

Dec 14, 2008, 7:47:06 PM12/14/08

So showing his feet was the farewell kiss?

If so, wouldn't he have said "*this* is the farewell kiss"?

Noodle

Dec 14, 2008, 8:28:14 PM12/14/08

Dennis

Dec 14, 2008, 8:35:52 PM12/14/08

"kangarooistan" <jackie.s...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

kanga
***********
So, ya think that son of a pig would have dared throw his shoes at Sad Ham,
the Insane? Ya think he'd been alive two hours later if he had? I think like
Ghandi, this little shoat picked his adversary very well.

Dionysus
=====

Neil Gerace

Dec 14, 2008, 10:21:24 PM12/14/08
On Dec 15, 9:47 am, Horry <horacewach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So showing his feet was the farewell kiss?
>
> If so, wouldn't he have said "*this* is the farewell kiss"?

Ask the ABC, not me.

Spartan613

Dec 14, 2008, 10:39:22 PM12/14/08
We'd expect such drivel from your brand of fuckwit.

Piss on allah. Mohammad sucks pig's dicks.
--
"Those who beat their swords into ploughshares will plough for those who
didn't".

"kangarooistan" <jackie.s...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Spartan613

Dec 14, 2008, 10:41:38 PM12/14/08
"Neil Gerace" <ger...@iinet.net.au> wrote in message

XXXXXXXXXX

Being "hit with shoes" is a big deal too. Re-run the tape of Saddam's statue
being toppled and watch what the crowd do as it's dragged down the road.....
that's right, they remove their shoes and start hitting it.

Mental fuckwits, these mohammeadns.

Yaako Warrior from AUZ, Germany, RSA, USA, Sweden, Hong Kong, Canada, Russia, China, Denmark, UK, .........., the slayer of fecal stained moslems

Dec 15, 2008, 12:02:15 AM12/15/08
When police raided Finsbury Park Mosque they found equipment Abu Hamza
used to train terrorists - Abu Hamza, the radical Muslim cleric, was
jailed for seven years yesterday after an Old Bailey jury found him
guilty of incitement to murder, stirring up racial hatred and possessing
a document useful to terrorism. - Hamza, 47, refused to stand as he was
sentenced and afterwards his followers shouted words of support from the
public gallery.,,Security sources described him as a key figure in the
global Islamic terrorist movement. He was convicted on 11 of 15 charges
after four days of deliberations by the jury. -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1509938/Muslim-cleric-jailed-for-inciting-murder.html

Yaako Warrior from AUZ, Germany, RSA, USA, Sweden, Hong Kong, Canada, Russia, China, Denmark, UK, .........., the slayer of fecal stained moslems

Dec 15, 2008, 1:38:52 AM12/15/08
jackie.s...@yahoo.com wrote:
> This message was cancelled from within Mozilla.

Horry

Dec 15, 2008, 1:55:08 AM12/15/08

You're the one who said the farewell kiss was the showing of his feet.

The ABC never made that claim.

Neil Gerace

Dec 15, 2008, 6:38:08 PM12/15/08
On Dec 15, 3:55 pm, Horry <horacewach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're the one who said the farewell kiss was the showing of his feet.
>
> The ABC never made that claim.

You don't listen to the right ABC radio station. 6WF said just that
yesterday, although they weren't sure of the facts.

kangarooistana

Dec 19, 2008, 9:01:43 AM12/19/08