which Digital TV Tuner Card?

rb

Feb 21, 2006, 9:47:03 PM2/21/06
As an aside to which PVR to buy!

I notice that the VisionPlus DVB-T Digital TV Tuner Card seems to have
had a recent price drop, and am leaning in that direction. However I
would be interested to read others thoughts and experiences.
Overclockers reviewed this card a few years back and reported buggy
software.
http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=189119&P=3
price wise at ~$80 it seems like a reasonable buy.
Basically I'd want something to record to hard disk and then burn to
DVD. Preferably I'd like some sort of timer function so I could set to
record at say 1pm whilst I'm at work.
I wouldn't be doing a lot of 'live' viewing.

cheers
rb

Ian Galbraith

Feb 21, 2006, 10:08:34 PM2/21/06

One of the Digital Now cards:

http://www.digitalnow.com.au/

Plus the Webscheduler application. WS wakes your computer from hibernation,
records and can put your computer back into hibernation if you have one of
the poweroff utilities that takes a command line instruction.

Digital Now has excellent support and the cards seem to be of high quality.

--
You can't stop the signal

rosco99

Feb 21, 2006, 10:44:07 PM2/21/06

Ian Galbraith Wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:47:03 +1100, rb wrote:
> [color=blue]

> > As an aside to which PVR to buy!
> One of the Digital Now cards:
>
> http://www.digitalnow.com.au/

I second that.
I have both a Digital now and a Visionplus.
The software with Digital Now allows both cards to work at once.
However, the signal picked up by Vision plus is too low for it to be
reliable. Only 50-60% signal strength compared to 80-90%.
You may be OK if you have strong signal and good aerial. I live on edge
of reception area so really notice the difference.
If your signal is too low you won't get SBS or ABC and you will get
dropouts on 10-9-7.

--
rosco99