A Moral Dilemma

alvey

Sep 6, 2007, 2:27:16 AM9/6/07
The dilemma being; What is the main moral here?

alvey
THE AGE
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/schoolgirl-guilty-of-testicle-attack/2007/09/06/1188783376505.html

Schoolgirl guilty of testicle attack

Christine Kellett
September 6, 2007 - 11:35AM

A 40-year-old man had to have his testicles X-rayed after he was kicked in
the groin by an enraged schoolgirl, upset that he had pronounced her name
wrong.

Megan Jane Conroy, 18, appeared at Brisbane's District Court this morning
where she pleaded guilty to one count of assault occasioning bodily harm
over the attack, which left her victim in hospital with severe genital
bruising.

The man had been at a party with Conroy's parents at the Bribie Island RSL
on May 12 last year when the group decided to retire to the Conway house at
Sandstone Point, north of Brisbane, to continue festivities.

The court heard Conroy had arrived home drunk about half an hour after the
adults and was introduced to the man by her mother.

He pronounced her name May-gan, instead of Mee-gan, prompting Conroy to get
upset.

Crown prosecutor Dejana Kovac told the court Conroy asked the man if he was
a "Kiwi", and when he replied to the affirmative, she told him to "get
f***ed".

She then kneed and kicked him in the groin twice, pushed him against a wall
and demanded that he "say her name properly".

"The attack upon the complainant was unprovoked and unjustifiable," Ms
Kovac said.

"There really is no justification for the force she used."

The court heard the injured man and his wife soon left the party and
attended hospital, but he was cleared of any lasting damage.

Conroy's defence counsel conceded the then 17 year-old had overreacted, but
argued the mispronunciation of her name had been perceived as "some sort of
slight" at the time.

Judge Tony Rafter SC agreed the incident was out of character for the
Woolworths deli assistant, taking into account her lack of criminal history
and her obvious remorse from the dock.

He released her on a six-month good-behaviour bond and spared her a
criminal conviction.

will_s

Sep 6, 2007, 2:51:08 AM9/6/07

"alvey" <is...@allinterested.com> wrote in message

Bullshit......he was a kiwi and she wanted to stop them breeding over here

BrritSki

Sep 6, 2007, 3:41:29 AM9/6/07

Sign her up for the Wobbly front row...

simon s-b

Sep 6, 2007, 8:29:42 AM9/6/07
On 6 Sep, 07:27, alvey <is...@allinterested.com> wrote:
> The dilemma being; What is the main moral here?
>
> alvey
> THE AGEhttp://www.theage.com.au/news/national/schoolgirl-guilty-of-testicle-...
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------------------

Thanks god he wasn't English

Calvin

Sep 6, 2007, 5:47:48 PM9/6/07
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:27:16 +1000, alvey <is...@allinterested.com> wrote:

> A 40-year-old man had to have his testicles X-rayed after he was kicked
> in
> the groin by an enraged schoolgirl, upset that he had pronounced her name
> wrong.

>He pronounced her name May-gan, instead of Mee-gan, prompting Conroy to
> get upset.

Pity. I thought it would be the other way around.

> She then kneed and kicked him in the groin twice, pushed him against a
> wall
> and demanded that he "say her name properly".

It's Chowda!

--

cheers,
calvin

Aidan

Sep 6, 2007, 8:24:29 PM9/6/07
In rec.sport.rugby.union alvey <is...@allinterested.com> wrote:
> The dilemma being; What is the main moral here?

Alvey shouldn't allow his kids to drink?

--
Remove famous (dead) Italian author plus full-stop to send me email (don't
blame me about the spelling of Alighieri -- it is the sysadmin's fault)