OT: Not all Olympians are reluctant to give urine samples

Perce

May 23, 2005, 12:11:08 AM5/23/05
Neiwand bailed on stalking charges
May 23, 2005 - 9:01AM

Olympic cycling medallist Gary Neiwand has been released on bail after being
charged with stalking his ex-wife.
Neiwand, 38, of the Melbourne suburb of Essendon appeared in the Melbourne
Magistrates' Court today to face 12 charges including burglary, theft,
breaching an intervention order and stalking his former wife Catherine.

The court was told Neiwand verbally abused and threatened his ex-wife on a
number of occasions between March and April this year.

On one occasion, Neiwand allegedly urinated in her glass of champagne
without her knowledge and watched her drink it, the court was told.

Magistrate Robert Tuppen released Neiwand, who was taken into custody
yesterday, on bail with a $5,000 surety and ordered him to reappear in the
same court on June 2.

Neiwand won the silver medal in the men's keirin event at the Sydney
Olympics in 2000 and the silver in the 1000m sprint in the Barcelona
Olympics in 1992.

- AAP

SNOTY

May 23, 2005, 12:23:31 AM5/23/05
I saw the story about his wife on ABC TV. She claims he allegedly beat the
crap out of her on a regular basis, including in front of their kids. I
think there was even a huge hole in a wall where he'd put her through.

He's a psycho, who has paid a price for his long-term use of performance
enhancing chemicals. That's the cost of success in a junkie's sport like
cycling.

It's still going on today as those responsible : CA, the ASC & the AOC among
others allow business as usual in the drug world of elite sport.

At least in my sport of bodybuilding they don't really pretend to be drug
free.

It's a sick, sick world which survives on public apathy & ignorance.

"Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote in message

Perce

May 23, 2005, 12:44:29 AM5/23/05
"SNOTY" <Idontwan...@bulldogs.com.au> wrote in message

>I saw the story about his wife on ABC TV. She claims he allegedly beat the
> crap out of her on a regular basis, including in front of their kids. I
> think there was even a huge hole in a wall where he'd put her through.
>
> He's a psycho, who has paid a price for his long-term use of performance
> enhancing chemicals. That's the cost of success in a junkie's sport like
> cycling.
>
> It's still going on today as those responsible : CA, the ASC & the AOC
> among
> others allow business as usual in the drug world of elite sport.
>
> At least in my sport of bodybuilding they don't really pretend to be drug
> free.

You're a bodybuilder, SN? For real, or is that just to provoke predictable

SNOTY

May 23, 2005, 1:06:52 AM5/23/05

"Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote in message

I'm in semi-retirement. Weights 2.5 days per week + walking 5-6 days per
week. I'm working on building up carido fitness. I'm already big enough at
125kg. I'd like to get down to 105-110kg.

^Temuchin^

May 23, 2005, 1:14:27 AM5/23/05

> On one occasion, Neiwand allegedly urinated in her glass of champagne
> without her knowledge and watched her drink it, the court was told.
\

She must be used to pretty rough champagne if she can drink a glass of wiz
and think it is champagne.
Not even passion pop is that rough.

Perce

May 23, 2005, 1:34:18 AM5/23/05

> I'm in semi-retirement. Weights 2.5 days per week + walking 5-6 days per
> week. I'm working on building up carido fitness. I'm already big enough at
> 125kg. I'd like to get down to 105-110kg.

I'm not the heaviest person in the ng then! Woohoo!

SNOTY

May 23, 2005, 1:58:19 AM5/23/05

"Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote in message

I just realised that ABC show might have been about cyclist Steven Pate &
not Niewand. My apologies to Mr Niewand if it was.

What do you tip the scales at Perce? BTW I'm 180cm tall (about the same as
Mr Mundine, Os), so you can see how normal I look LOL.

Perce

May 23, 2005, 2:11:12 AM5/23/05
"SNOTY" <Idontwan...@bulldogs.com.au> wrote in message
I'm 186cm and 110kg - got to 100kg a year ago, but too bloody lazy since
then.

SNOTY

May 23, 2005, 2:23:25 AM5/23/05

"Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote in message

I wonder if Oswald has managed to keep the weight he lost off?

Oswald P Wrong

May 24, 2005, 4:06:15 AM5/24/05
On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:14:27 +1000, "^Temuchin^" <eat&sl...@home.com>
wrote:

I wouldn't know.

- - -
You're in the Wrong newsgroup

Oswald P Wrong

May 24, 2005, 4:08:51 AM5/24/05

I'm running a battle with 110 as well.

I'm trying to lose another 3 kgs and my only hope is a circumcision.

SNOTY

May 24, 2005, 4:02:59 AM5/24/05

> >I'm 186cm and 110kg - got to 100kg a year ago, but too bloody lazy since
> >then.
> >

> I'm running a battle with 110 as well.
>
> I'm trying to lose another 3 kgs and my only hope is a circumcision.

Keep the offcut, you can use it as a spare fanbelt for the car.

Chris Parslow

May 24, 2005, 5:07:19 AM5/24/05

"Oswald P Wrong" <ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote in >

> I'm running a battle with 110 as well.
>
> I'm trying to lose another 3 kgs and my only hope is a circumcision.

Bah - if you shaved your back, you'd lose 9.

Oh bugger, that's Ian G...

CP