Cup tips

Perce

Oct 31, 2004, 8:09:56 PM10/31/04
Thanks to the ASRLers for submitting their Cup tips.

Slippery Sambo/Rajiv/Suh-Cole is attracted to Catchmeifyoucan
(Sorry, Slippery - we already have)

The lamentably absent DebS chooses Media Puzzle

All the Kiwi boys are looking for Another Warrior

Mike B is obviously Mummify (or possibly Grey Song)

The delightful Nat can be Winning Belle

GV is Hugs Dancer, providing said Dancer is one of the Mermaids

Jobbie likes Strasbourg - but only up the khyber.

MattO finds even the simplest concepts Hard To Get

The anti-Oswald forces have been Lashed, however hard they try to Upsetthym

Me? Oviously a high Distinction.

Oswald P Wrong

Oct 31, 2004, 9:24:58 PM10/31/04
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:09:56 GMT, "Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote:

>Thanks to the ASRLers for submitting their Cup tips.
>
>Slippery Sambo/Rajiv/Suh-Cole is attracted to Catchmeifyoucan
>(Sorry, Slippery - we already have)

LoL

>The lamentably absent DebS chooses Media Puzzle

Melbourne Cups are hard on horses that win them, hard for one to come
back, let alone come back and win it. I'd say worth a sniff depending
on the tote

>All the Kiwi boys are looking for Another Warrior

A light weight chance, a bit like Monty's boys.

>Mike B is obviously Mummify (or possibly Grey Song)
>
>The delightful Nat can be Winning Belle
>
>GV is Hugs Dancer, providing said Dancer is one of the Mermaids
>
>Jobbie likes Strasbourg - but only up the khyber.
>
>MattO finds even the simplest concepts Hard To Get
>
>The anti-Oswald forces have been Lashed, however hard they try to Upsetthym
>
>Me? Oviously a high Distinction.

Hmmm, hmmm anmd hmmmm.

Opens another browser to check odds and have a good look at the
field...

Ok. Start witrh the jokckeis (as always)

Corey brown is riding She's Archie. Paying 11s: worth a look.
Damien on Media Puzzle, Paying 15's: Yum yum.
Frankie Dettori on Mamool at 25's: <fx: adjusts trousers>
J Cassidy on Lashed at 50: I'll have some of that.

So, just on the hoops, I'd be having a fiver on Mamool and a dollar on
Lashed.

Spend : 6.00

Now let's have a squizz at the bloodstock...

Vinnie Roe. 6.50? forget it.
Elvestrom at 11s? Maybe.
<snip snip>
Pacific Dancer at 11s? Definately
Upsetthym at 35's : I need a tissue.

So, Upsetthym is one of my black bookers so I'll have 10 on that at
those odds. Pacific Dancer is the one I think will win it so there's
another tenner to cover my spend. 4 on Elvestrom's snchnozz just in
case thakes me up to 30.

Now for the trifecta... I won't be having any but feel free to cash in
folks...

Box 1,5,16 and 20 = $24.00

or

20 the banker, box 1, 5 and 6 for the silver and bronze for those on
a budget.

My total spend will be $54.00

Others lift yer game.

---
You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire
When the flame begins to catch, the wind just blows them higher.

Peter Gabriel - Biko

joe..bee

Nov 1, 2004, 1:12:29 AM11/1/04

"Perce" <x...@yy.net.au> wrote in message
$10 each way on Catchmeifyoucan, had it for a place on the weekend and
beaten for first by about a nose and it paid $1.90. Also had $10 each way on
Maloney in NZ and run 2nd @ $4.30, then there was a protest by 3rd against
1st and it was upheld, so mine came first with a juicy payout of $193, a
very profitable weekend I must say.

ERNEST THE SHEEP

Nov 1, 2004, 3:53:35 AM11/1/04

VINNIE ROE BY PLENTY

Josh Button

Nov 1, 2004, 9:31:37 AM11/1/04
I had the quaddie in Melbourne if Alinghi won. And all that after pushing
for Miss Potential all Spring. I got off one race too early it would seem.

In the cup I've liked She's Archie for months, so I'm not getting off again.
For the placings, Vinnie Roe, Pacific Dancer, Upsetthym, Catchmeifyoucan and
Delzao will fight it out. So I'll be taking a few trifecta options at
reduced percentages. But I'll have a dollar on the first four of:

She's Archie, Vinnie Roe, Delzao and Upsetthym.

--
Josh Button
To see how the Penrith Gaels Cricket Club is going...

Ian Stewart

Nov 1, 2004, 5:45:46 PM11/1/04
It's a sensational morning here in Melbourne, but as young kid from
Mangere will tell you, the weather is supposed to change dramatically
here soon.

Ian

ßlaine

Nov 1, 2004, 6:50:33 PM11/1/04

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR022.loop.shtml#image

Rain is skirting the joint but forecast makes it sound
like it'll bucket down 10 mins before the start. So track
should still be good probably but many horses will be
skittish, if it does open up.

Bunny

Nov 2, 2004, 2:38:07 AM11/2/04

"Oswald P Wrong" <ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote in message

D'oh!

David Male

Nov 2, 2004, 3:08:05 AM11/2/04
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:24:58 +1300, Oswald P Wrong
<ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote:

>My total spend will be $54.00
>
>Others lift yer game.

Her indoors selected 1st place.

I selected 1 and 2 but did not put a bet on, bought a USB doover instead
and when I was going to go to TAB, the joint was full of Chinks, Gooks,
Curries, 'boes and Kiwi's...certainly no place for a gentleman such as
my good self.

MonoJoker

Nov 2, 2004, 4:51:40 AM11/2/04
"David Male" <sp...@telstra.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:24:58 +1300, Oswald P Wrong
> <ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote:
>
> >My total spend will be $54.00
> >
> >Others lift yer game.
>
> Her indoors selected 1st place.
>
> I selected 1 and 2 but did not put a bet on, bought a USB doover instead
> and when I was going to go to TAB, the joint was full of Chinks, Gooks,
> Curries,

Me old mate Slippery Cordon Bleh Cole was at the TAB? Who'd a thunk it eh?

Cheers
LT.

MonoJoker

Nov 2, 2004, 4:50:12 AM11/2/04
"David Male" <sp...@telstra.com> wrote in message

TMML.

Cheers
LT.

Jeff

Nov 2, 2004, 8:25:54 AM11/2/04
ERNEST THE SHEEP <BAA.BAA.sheepy...@sheepy.ORG> shat the
following logs:

No prizes for second.

ERNEST THE SHEEP

Nov 2, 2004, 5:00:58 PM11/2/04

Cripes shag, you'd have more chance if you let the computer make the bets
for you.

John Beaver

Nov 2, 2004, 10:16:14 PM11/2/04

"Ian Stewart" <newzealan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Picked a winner there.

Oswald P Wrong

Nov 7, 2004, 3:37:56 PM11/7/04
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:08:05 +1000, David Male <sp...@telstra.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:24:58 +1300, Oswald P Wrong
><ossie...@spamawayexposures.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>My total spend will be $54.00
>>
>>Others lift yer game.
>
>Her indoors selected 1st place.

It was worth a sniff, twas the favorite here.

>I selected 1 and 2 but did not put a bet on, bought a USB doover instead
>and when I was going to go to TAB, the joint was full of Chinks, Gooks,
>Curries, 'boes and Kiwi's...certainly no place for a gentleman such as
>my good self.

Very true Shag.

In the end I took an easybet trifecta for $4.00

The last time I took a 4buck Easybet I won 25k. This time it was a lot
less.

Oswald P Wrong

Nov 7, 2004, 3:41:06 PM11/7/04
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:00:58 +1300, "ERNEST THE SHEEP"
<BAA.BAA.sheepy...@sheepy.ORG> wrote:

>> My total spend will be $54.00
>>
>> Others lift yer game.
>
>Cripes shag, you'd have more chance if you let the computer make the bets
>for you.

ROLF