ablett no from hall of fame

Antichrist663277

May 23, 2001, 8:53:33 AM5/23/01
Gary Ablett was one of the best footballers of his eara and brought many
million people to sit there bums in afl grounds and as well many millions of
dollars to the game, there are many people in the hall of fame that have a
checkered passed
eg a carlton captain a melbourne captain........ABLETT FOR THE HALL OF FAME

tom

May 23, 2001, 9:49:25 AM5/23/01
agreed Ablett should be in the hall of fame.

"Antichrist663277" <antichri...@aol.com> wrote in message

Plugger

May 23, 2001, 6:28:00 PM5/23/01

"tom" <tdu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> agreed Ablett should be in the hall of fame.

I'm sure that he will be. It wouldn't be prudent to do it now though, given
the controversy and tragedy in which he is involved. He'll take his rightful
place in time.

Plugger

THE TRUTH

May 23, 2001, 10:55:26 PM5/23/01
First of all before you tell us what should and shouldn't be with
GarryAblett gentlemen, how about informing yourselves of the criteria.

If the criteria says that personal qualities away from football counthen he
is not eligible. simple as that.

If his football is the only criteria, then by all means he deserves to be
in.

Garry Ablett is not above the law

Peter Ryan

May 24, 2001, 12:40:13 AM5/24/01
THE TRUTH wrote:

> First of all before you tell us what should and shouldn't be with
> GarryAblett gentlemen, how about informing yourselves of the criteria.

One of the criteria of this newsgroup is that it's not restricted to males.

> If the criteria says that personal qualities away from football counthen he
> is not eligible. simple as that.
>
> If his football is the only criteria, then by all means he deserves to be
> in.
>
> Garry Ablett is not above the law

Which is an irrelevant statement at the moment because he has not even been
charged with anything, much less convicted. He hasn't even been openly accused
of anything bar drinking himself paralytic at a time that, in hindsight, was
inconvenient.

Your post also ignored the fact that the Hall of Fame already has a few members
with criminal records - and a sight more who were wonderful footballers but
were pretty dismal as ordinary people.

Peter Ryan

Simon

May 24, 2001, 3:50:07 AM5/24/01
There is a precedent in professional sports of exceptional players denied
entry to the hall of fame in their respective sport i.e "shoeless" Joe
Jackson and Pete Rose of professional American baseball

THE TRUTH

May 24, 2001, 5:32:17 AM5/24/01
Peter,
I am not aware of what the criteria is and was asking the
question re criteria and then passing an opinion.

I'm sorry if I said gentlemen instead of ladies and gentlemen.

I was not assuming anything Peter, but only questioning the way these
footballers are deemed as being eligible or not to be included in the hall
of fame.

I did not say anything about Garry being guilty or not, but if you read
anything in the papers, you will see he is currently very controversial.

Its obvious you are a sulking Cats supporter............a bloody handbagger
yourself.

As an acquaintance of Garry, I can assure you that he feels the same way as
I do.................In fact Garry is a very humble man, just that he seems
to have trouble getting his life together.

He often laughs that he is not a born again Christian, but a born loser. At
least he admits his failings..............

Peter Ryan <peter...@bom.gov.au> wrote in message

Bill Stoney

May 24, 2001, 9:23:23 AM5/24/01

Antichrist663277 <antichri...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > eg a carlton captain a melbourne captain........ABLETT FOR THE HALL OF
FAME

Does this mean one captain or someone who has captained both sides?
Bill

Peter Ryan

May 24, 2001, 7:26:39 PM5/24/01
THE TRUTH wrote:

> Peter,

> Its obvious you are a sulking Cats supporter............a bloody
> handbagger
> yourself.

Ar, dat's me all right. Despite which I'm not moaning because one of my own
missed out but because of the apparent hypocrisy of the 'criteria'.

> As an acquaintance of Garry, I can assure you that he feels the same way as
> I do.................In fact Garry is a very humble man, just that he seems
> to have trouble getting his life together.
>
> He often laughs that he is not a born again Christian, but a born loser. At
> least he admits his failings..............

I think anyone can understand that too. He has always been publicity shy. And
I would agree completely if the reason given for his non-inclusion this year was
so as not to put even more pressure on him. But to give the reason as being his
questionable character is a bit rich considering the characters of some of the
other members of the Hall.

Peter Ryan

THE TRUTH

May 25, 2001, 6:18:55 AM5/25/01
I'm glad we agree at last Peter.................Go Bombers !!!

Peter Ryan <peter...@bom.gov.au> wrote in message

Bobbabooey

May 28, 2001, 1:02:17 AM5/28/01
Amazing how, being the acquaintance of Ablett that you are, you have an
incredible knack of spelling his name wrong.

Let me guess, are Heard, Loyd and Wallace some of your favourite Bomber
players?

You are a blowfly.

THE TRUTH

May 29, 2001, 3:58:52 AM5/29/01
I reckon I can spell your name correctly...........ARSEHOLE.........hows
that??

Bobbabooey <bobba...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

adam simmonds

May 29, 2001, 4:03:27 AM5/29/01
yeah really witty... you're a comedic genius

Bobbabooey

May 29, 2001, 6:50:16 AM5/29/01
Which must make me related to your mother.

So how is Garry today? Spoken to his brothers, Jeff or Kevan lately?

Good work Blowfly.

Adam Simmonds

May 29, 2001, 9:04:54 PM5/29/01
Bobbabooey wrote:

>>Which must make me related to your mother.

*lol*