Railpage is so fucked up

thaitransit

Aug 14, 2006, 12:18:57 PM8/14/06
the people run railpage are so stupid and think they are gods when they
are just people on a power trip

the ban people for nothing and stop people from using any international
examples in discussions

what a waste of time but i can still read they cant stop me from
reading the forums on there i have ways and means to doing so

sean

Aug 14, 2006, 8:01:30 PM8/14/06

"thaitransit" <nick.h...@gmail.com> wrote in message
What tactic did they use? Ban your IP then say someone was ddos'ing the
site?

sean

Paul Westcott

Aug 14, 2006, 8:46:49 PM8/14/06

You only need a web browser to read the posts on Railpage forums.

Paul Westcott

Dave Proctor

Aug 14, 2006, 11:22:01 PM8/14/06

That is if they haven't blocked your IP - I have a static IP, and
can't access RP unless I disable it (but that then creates other
problems).

=====================

Dave

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Paul Westcott

Aug 14, 2006, 11:44:13 PM8/14/06
Dave Proctor wrote:

> Paul Westcott wrote:
>
>> thaitransit wrote:
>>> the people run railpage are so stupid and think they are gods when they
>>> are just people on a power trip
>>>
>>> the ban people for nothing and stop people from using any international
>>> examples in discussions
>>>
>>> what a waste of time but i can still read they cant stop me from
>>> reading the forums on there i have ways and means to doing so
>>
>> You only need a web browser to read the posts on Railpage forums.
>
> That is if they haven't blocked your IP - I have a static IP, and
> can't access RP unless I disable it (but that then creates other
> problems).

Thanks, I didn't realise that. It seems strange to prevent someone even
*reading* posts, given that merely reading can hardly cause any
disruption to the good order of the message boards.

Paul Westcott

Greg Rudd

Aug 14, 2006, 11:55:51 PM8/14/06

Yeah that was the excuse given to me but I knew better as the logs from
the proxy server where the alleged ddos was taking place proved
otherwise.

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer

Aug 15, 2006, 2:17:14 AM8/15/06
Been perving at young asian boys again Greg????

thaitransit

Aug 15, 2006, 5:45:34 AM8/15/06

they banned my IP address however i got round that it sometimes pays to
live in asia i got some useful tips on how to bypass even the strongest
kinds of censorship and website blocking. all i asked for was my
account to be deleted not block the total access as i still like to get
the news from the site on transport issues but the forum discussions
are really onesided and often narrowminded ie will not see that the
australian way of transport planning is often inferior to that of asia
or europe who are already decades ahead of us and will only get futher
ahead with melbournes narrow minded car only public transport planning