Here it is folks....the 1278 and 693 Swapover

Wombat Lover

May 1, 2006, 4:25:03 AM5/1/06
I've had a look at the other thread on here, and from the moment the first
virus alert was posted, I thought...."Let's give these guys a virus free
recording"

So here they are... 3 in total, small in size but big in time.

http://www.surfnetvictoria.com/radio/MagicTo3AW_693.mp3
This first one has Andrew and Anne signing off for Magic 693, with the last
song and jingle included. Then the Breaky team at 3AW coming in. Recording
time: 10 minutes 13 seconds, Size: 4.09MB

http://www.surfnetvictoria.com/radio/3AW_693.mp3
This second recording is what happened after the first ad break on 3AW, talk
about the Fremantle v St. Kilda debarcle and a news update which has the
audio of 3AW going to 693. (this would have been heard by regionals taking
the 7:30am news) Recording Time: 9 minutes 45 seconds, Size: 3.90MB

http://www.surfnetvictoria.com/radio/3AWtoMagic_1278.mp3
This third recording has the last song 3AW puts on 1278, before the news
update, then the Magic 1278 welcome with Olivia Newton-John's (now famous)
song. With Andrew and Anne coming in to speak to Ric. Recording Time: 17
minutes 15 seconds, Size: 6.90MB

All recordings in 56kbps to save space

Enjoy

--
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvictoria.com

Jason C.

May 1, 2006, 4:49:41 AM5/1/06
My god, those stations play such crap music....

"Wombat Lover" <Wo...@Lover.com> wrote in message

Timbo

May 1, 2006, 4:52:37 AM5/1/06
Thanks Wombat,

73
Tim
--------

NOCOMMENT

May 1, 2006, 5:43:00 AM5/1/06
>This third recording has the last song 3AW puts on 1278, before the news
>update, then the Magic 1278 welcome with Olivia Newton-John's (now famous)
>song. With Andrew and Anne coming in to speak to Ric. Recording Time: 17
>minutes 15 seconds, Size: 6.90MB

Ward would be most put out to be called Ric.....:) It went off without
a hitch. Judging by some of the feedback from all over the state, it
was well received.

Wombat Lover

May 1, 2006, 6:06:13 AM5/1/06
"NOCOMMENT" wrote in message

> Ward would be most put out to be called Ric.....:) It went off without
> a hitch. Judging by some of the feedback from all over the state, it
> was well received.

Sorry for that, confused with presenters there for a moment with all the
names being mentioned by Anne there..it was Ward

There's some more to come, I just havent reviewed the whole tape yet

Message has been deleted

CrowdedHouse

May 1, 2006, 6:45:48 AM5/1/06
Thanks for recording that bit of history Wombat Lover.

I tip my hat to you good sir.

CrowdedHouse (nothing like the sound of Melbourne Radio... when the
lead story is a footy game :) )

Artie Stevens

May 1, 2006, 6:51:40 AM5/1/06
What was interesting was the last song Magic 693 played was the very
song I played to mlaunch the station back in 1994. Perry Como - Magic
Moments. It was a significant thing to finish with.

Artie

--
Arthur Stevens
Australian Independent Radio News

Serving National and International News on the following stations:
88.9 FM Richmand Valley Radio Coraki, NSW
90.1 FM Territory FM, Tindal, NT
90.9 FM Flow FM Yorke Peninsula Nth, SA
92.1 FM Hay FM Hay, NSW
94.7 FM The Pulse Geelong, Vic
95.5 FM Flow FM Kangaroo Island, SA
96.5 FM Flow FM Pinnaroo, SA
96.9 FM Territory FM, Lake Bennet, NT
97.7 FM Flow FM The Coorong, SA
97.9 FM Flow FM Roxby Downs, SA
98.5 FM 2000FM Sydney, NSW
98.5 FM Territory FM, Bachelor, NT
98.9 FM Flow FM Yorke Peninsula Sth, SA
99.3 FM Flow FM Streaky Bay, SA
99.5 FM Flow FM Nuriootpa, SA
99.7 FM Flow FM Coober Pedy, SA
99.7 FM Territory FM, Adelaide River, NT
99.9 FM SWR-FM, Western Sydney, NSW
99.9 FM Live FM, Townsville, Qld
100.3 FM Flow FM Bordertown and Tatiara, SA
100.5 FM Flow FM Tennant Creek, NT
101.3 FM Territory FM, Katherine, NT
101.9 FM Life FM Wagga Wagga, NSW
103.9 FM 4TTT Townsville, Qld
104.1 FM Territory FM, Darwin, NT
104.1 FM Territory FM, Palmerston, NT
104.1 FM Territory FM, Jabiru, NT
106.1 FM Flow FM Ceduna, SA
106.3 FM Flow FM Healesville, Vic
106.9 FM Territory FM, Gove, NT
107.3 FM Flow FM Robe & Kingston SE, SA
1611 AM Pirate AM Albany, WA
1611 AM The Cow Margaret River, WA
In association with Feature Story News Washington, New York, Orlando,
London, Stockholm, Brussels, Moscow, Tehran, Fredericton (New Brunswick,
Canada) & The Broadcasting Company London

Glenn Hampson

May 1, 2006, 7:01:01 AM5/1/06
Not when I was there it was all live during the day
"Paul Dwerryhouse" <paul+...@dwerryhouse.com.au> wrote in message

> "Wombat Lover" <Wo...@Lover.com> writes:
>
>> With Andrew and Anne coming in to speak to Ric. Recording Time: 17
>> minutes 15 seconds, Size: 6.90MB
>
> Why is it that the announcers on Magic either sound scripted or
> pre-recorded?
>
> Do they voicetrack /everything/?
>
> --
> Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584

Glenn Hampson

May 1, 2006, 7:03:09 AM5/1/06
Funny you should mention that I was thinking the same thing to myself
thinking of all the domestic and global events and they run with the footy
siren debacle as lead.Cant doubt the popularity and interest in it here in
Melbourne but about the only city you can get away with it in a sports mad
population
"CrowdedHouse" <peterhol...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn Hampson

May 1, 2006, 7:09:08 AM5/1/06
And a fine track too
G.
"Artie Stevens" <ar...@air-news.net> wrote in message

Jason C.

May 1, 2006, 7:17:47 AM5/1/06
I prefer "This Magic Moment" by the Drifters

"Glenn Hampson" <gle...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Samuel Gordon-Stewart

May 1, 2006, 9:14:55 AM5/1/06
Pardon the pun...but I can't help myself...Magic!

Thanks for recording that Robert.

Camel

May 1, 2006, 9:31:43 AM5/1/06
CrowdedHouse

(nothing like the sound of Melbourne Radio... when the
lead story is a footy game :) )

Two miners are found alive after 5 days down a mine shaft, and what
gets most of the attention from morning talkback callers?

Yep... The full time debacle of the St Kilda/Freemantle match.

That's Melbourne radio!

Camel

Wombat Lover

May 1, 2006, 9:37:43 AM5/1/06
No problem Samuel, and nice to see you posting more on here as well :)

I think everyone has liked what they've heard so far, and as I said on
events like this one (especially if they're nowhere near the reception area)

Wombat Lover

May 1, 2006, 9:44:34 AM5/1/06
If it's any conciliation, one of the requests of the miners when found by
resuce workers, was footy scores

Apparently a few expletives followed when they were told the results

The Listener

May 1, 2006, 9:50:01 AM5/1/06
A fine effort Robert - the more copies and extras the merrier! Thanks
for your contribution.

The Listener

May 3, 2006, 2:07:37 PM5/3/06
> What was interesting was the last song Magic 693 played was the very song
> I played to mlaunch the station back in 1994. Perry Como - Magic Moments.
> It was a significant thing to finish with.
>
> Artie

You may have played it, but it was someone else who programmed it. ;)

At least it can be said that the owners of Magic/3AW have a sense of their
own history, which is certainly not true of a lot of other radio operators.

Samuel Gordon-Stewart

May 4, 2006, 2:54:19 PM5/4/06
Does anybody still have a copy of the changeover audio Robert posted. I
only listened without saving it, and now it is gone from his site. If
anybody could email it to me I would be grateful.

Samuel

May 4, 2006, 6:18:38 PM5/4/06
> Does anybody still have a copy of the changeover audio Robert posted. I
> only listened without saving it, and now it is gone from his site.

You're right! Blimey that was quick. Leaving it up for at least a week or
so might have been good :)

Wombat Lover

May 4, 2006, 7:35:57 PM5/4/06
Ahhh.....Samuel and "P"

I have rectified the situation now

Samuel Gordon-Stewart

May 4, 2006, 11:11:04 PM5/4/06
Thankyou Robert, I'll download it shortly.

Samuel