2UE Domain OB - what happened with the crazy woman?

1 view

m泥c泱

Jan 20, 2006, 9:22:08 PM1/20/06
I was just listeening to 2UE just after 1pm Saturday, and they are
doing their "Find Me A Home" program as an OB from The Domain in
Sydney.

Some woman started banging on the glass window telling them to "turn
it down". They told her to stop, as she'd break the glass. She did
for a few moments.

Then she started up again...constantly and hard - BANG BANG BANG BANG.
And it really did sound like the window would shatter.

The real esate guy adn the host got all flustered, and mentioned that
they would have to get the police.

Did anyone witness the scene, and/or if anyone hears about what
heppened could you post the details here? It was pretty funny. :)

brisbaner...@yahoo.com.au

Jan 20, 2006, 11:08:51 PM1/20/06
Sounds fantasic! Who can get the audio on here?

Rock in Stereo

Jan 21, 2006, 1:50:09 AM1/21/06
Obviously a 2GB listener...

Wombat Lover

Jan 21, 2006, 4:17:41 AM1/21/06
Intersting, there's a few questions to this situation,

Who was on air?

And how much of that was heard on air....audio would be interesting

--
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvictoria.com |

Samuel Gordon-Stewart

Jan 21, 2006, 5:09:14 AM1/21/06
Monica Trapaga was filling in for Glenn Wheeler from what I heard of
the show in Canberra, so I guess she was doing Glenn's entire shift.
Monica sounded shaken.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ian

Jan 21, 2006, 10:38:09 AM1/21/06
But more importantly we'd like to know who has the audio of it.

Ian

"m泥c泱" <ab...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes On 20 Jan 2006 22:50:09 -0800, "Rock in Stereo"
> <membersh...@lycos.com> wrote:
>
> >Obviously a 2GB listener...
>
> I just want to know if the woman was some deranged old bag, or some
> stuck-up Eastern Suburbs type who didn't want something as *common* as
> a talkback radio station on her turf.

gru...@mailinator.com

Jan 21, 2006, 11:28:16 PM1/21/06
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:09:28 +1100, m泥c泱 <ab...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes On 21 Jan 2006 02:09:14 -0800, "Samuel
> Well you obviously didn't hear it.
>
> It was during the real estate show after midday. I don't know the
> names of the (both male) hosts.

Mike Williams (Shirl from the Mike Walsh Show) and John Edwards.

Samuel Gordon-Stewart

Jan 22, 2006, 9:40:58 PM1/22/06
Radioinfo have picked up the story, Mike Williams has explained that it
was two women, the second one started after the first one moved away.

Mike Williams said:
"Suddenly this woman appeared out of nowhere. She was small. She was
beetroot coloured and she started banging on the front window of the
caravan. We both got the fright of our lives! In fact the blood had
drained out of John's face. She was really pounding on the window and
we thought the glass would break. I told her to stop or she'd hurt
herself."

"People were running from everywhere and security told her to go
away. Which she did. Then a second woman who was with the first one
came over and picked up where her companion had left off screaming at
the top of her voice "Turn it down! Turn it down!"

"Security said they'd either been drinking or had been out in the
sun too long."

Unfortunately, Radioinfo don't have audio of the event, which is odd
considering that they usually have audio of every on-air incident.

If Media Watch were in season...

Samuel

Message has been deleted