Costellos pretend budget surplus

Joseph Sixpak

Oct 9, 2005, 6:38:24 AM10/9/05
He likes to trumpet to the Great Apathy about 'his' budget surplus.
He's lying. Why do you think they HAVE to sell Telstra?
To help 'retire' a debt of US$222 billion (CIA Factbook) that they are now
borrowing money JUST TO REPAY THE INTEREST ON.
Check out for the sorry details-
http://dkd.net/davekidd/politics/money.html
Australia is the third largest debtor on earth, after Brazil and Mexico.
I actually feel sorry for the politicians. Competing at the ballot box
for the prize of holding the debt of a bankrupt nation, just because the
banks are more powerfull than they are.

David Moss

Oct 9, 2005, 6:56:01 AM10/9/05
In article <pan.2005.10.09....@totalitarian.org>,
sixp...@totalitarian.org writes...

Yawn. Another One Nation type who fails to understand the money
multiplier effect of fractional reserve banking.

--
DM
personal opinion only

Lionheart

Oct 9, 2005, 5:04:50 PM10/9/05

"Joseph Sixpak" <sixp...@totalitarian.org> wrote in message

WHAT are you dribbling on about now???? The Australian Government has very
little foreign debt most and almost all our foreign debt is that of Public
and Private companies.nothing to do with Government Debt at all........this
Government has paid off over $60 Billion of Labor Government Debt left to
it.....get a life Joey

Logical

Oct 10, 2005, 6:02:54 PM10/10/05
"Lionheart" <null...@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:dic0ur$1km$1...@austar-news.austar.net.au...
:
[...]
: and Private companies.nothing to do with Government Debt at all........

So then, John Howard was LYING, AGAIN,
when he was running around like a tool with
'the debt truck' - such short, short memories,
or convenient forgetfulness........

: this Government has paid off over $60 Billion of Labor Government Debt left to
: it.....get a life Joey

By ripping it out of hard working lower/middle class Australian families........

When the Libs/Howard left Labor with huge debts... More Forgetfulness.....
HOW COME it is 'different' when the other party does it ???????????????