Bread Prices

frilly.lizzy

Apr 9, 2008, 4:52:55 AM4/9/08
There is a discussion about bread prices at this very moment on
Channel 7 "Today Tonight". I commented about this matter a few months
back and one or two posters chose to belittle my message.

Even "Eat cake" was mentioned on this program. Someone must have read
my post and looked into the matter.

Liz

Sir John Howard

Apr 9, 2008, 6:34:43 AM4/9/08
frilly.lizzy wrote:

I don't see what all the fuss is about. My favorite loaf, Lawson's
(800gms, 3 different styles) is on sale at Woolies for less than $4.

H.D.

Apr 9, 2008, 6:42:10 AM4/9/08

"Sir John Howard" <sirjoh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So how many kids have you got and how many loaves do you buy each week?

frilly.lizzy

Apr 9, 2008, 11:51:44 AM4/9/08
On Apr 9, 8:42 pm, "H.D." <her...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> "Sir John Howard" <sirjohnhow...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:b57c6e21-da0b-454c...@q1g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

> > frilly.lizzy wrote:
>
> >> There is a discussion about bread prices at this very moment on
> >> Channel 7 "Today Tonight". I commented about this matter a few months
> >> back and one or two posters chose to belittle my message.

> > I don't see what all the fuss is about. My favorite loaf, Lawson's

> > (800gms, 3 different styles) is on sale at Woolies for less than $4.

H.D.--

I fend just for myself and don't eat much bread but a member of my kin
has three kids. As they have to survive on her husband's wage, she
shops at Aldi's supermarket.and buys the one-dollar loaves. Such bread
is made of water, flour, salt and a small amount of yeast. It is quite
tasty freshly baked but not next day.

Such loaves are also sold in small supermarket bakeries.

Well, a tablespoon of milk, one of soya, and a bit of shortening
doesn't warrant the $2.50 cost rise.

I shop, cook and can do my sums without a calculator and know when I'm
being conned and "Today Tonight's" 65 cents is short off the mark.

Liz

David Moss

Apr 9, 2008, 6:39:52 PM4/9/08
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:51:44 -0700, frilly.lizzy wrote:

> I fend just for myself and don't eat much bread but a member of my kin
> has three kids. As they have to survive on her husband's wage, she shops
> at Aldi's supermarket.and buys the one-dollar loaves. Such bread is made
> of water, flour, salt and a small amount of yeast. It is quite tasty
> freshly baked but not next day.

I've always bought the 99c loaves. I buy a dozen at once and put them in
the freezer. It also pays to shop late at night, or on Saturday afternoon
in places where they don't open Sunday. That way you can get "name brand"
loaves for 99c if they have not sold an hour before closing time.

For people on social security smart shopping is the equivalent of working
overtime for wage earners. Doubling your spending power on a fixed income
is even better than earning double time from a job.

--
DM

frilly.lizzy

Apr 9, 2008, 8:00:28 PM4/9/08
On Apr 10, 8:39 am, David Moss <q0320...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au>
wrote:

A man after my own heart--

You may come courting!

Liz

Message has been deleted

David Moss

Apr 9, 2008, 10:11:29 PM4/9/08

Another maxim of thrift is to acquire the highest quality possible within
the available budget when in the marketplace. I did this many years ago
and my current wife looks like providing many more years of excellent
service. I'll keep your offer in mind if anything changes however ;-)

--
/home/david/Documents/dm.txt

frilly.lizzy

Apr 10, 2008, 12:27:51 AM4/10/08
On Apr 10, 12:11 pm, David Moss <q0320...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au>

> /home/david/Documents/dm.txt- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for being honest, David -- Many men would have been tempted
to cheat!

Regards,

Liz.

fritz

Apr 10, 2008, 5:38:42 PM4/10/08

David Moss <q032...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au> wrote in message news:lHeLj.107$ko5...@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

How much did she cost ? (I bought a rather expensive European model,
which inevitably led to repatriation....I should have known better.)
I assume you must have acquired a budget OZ or NZ type........last time.

Fritz

David Moss

Apr 10, 2008, 6:39:34 PM4/10/08

So far? Everything I had!

> (I bought a rather expensive European model,
> which inevitably led to repatriation....I should have known better.)

Don't worry about it. They all have a homing instinct. If you try to keep
them too far away from their old home you spend money on visits. Too
close and you end up married to the mother. I've found that if I keep
mine about 200km away the balance is just right.

> assume you must have acquired a budget OZ or NZ type........last time.

I don't know about the budget model, but she is an Aussie. Well suited to
Australian coastal conditions, but doesn't perform as well more than a
couple of hundred kilometers inland. Where we are now is right on the
edge of the high performance envelope. The budget models do quite well
fuelled from Big W and Target Country, but the one I chose starts to run
rough without regular maintenance at capital city boutiques.

You obviously have the luxury model with direct injection from European
fashion houses. You have to be a very good driver to get the best
performance out of those!

--
David Moss
Personal Opinion Only

fritz

Apr 10, 2008, 7:24:44 PM4/10/08

David Moss <q032...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au> wrote in message news:GGwLj.354$ko5...@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

I think we better leave it that, in case our better halves learn what
we have been writing about them !

Fritz